No Brave Soul 2.... what about Brave Soul Expansion Pack

Since Brave Soul is an indivdual software, it will be nice if their an expansion on it, think about it, hot new mini games, extra love event, New feature added, more multi-endings, new screenshot to unlock, or if possible, clothing changing feature that allow you to custom there cloths in CG graphic, instead of same cloth wear everytime, also new magic spell and event in Dungeon where a those campanions where rape by monster, than shown in CG picture (Don’t know if there a event like that in Brave Soul).

In order to do that, we have to spead word positively about Brave Soul, raising the fund for the company, and if the sale is going good, they may start making Expansion Pack for Brave Soul or even Brave Soul 2, money is important, no employees mean no game making.

So… what do you think?
Sound Cool? Or im an idiot

------------------
Brave Soul, Best H-RPG

[This message has been edited by Dark Alicia (edited 12-25-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Dark Alicia (edited 12-25-2003).]

The current sale of english bishoujo games is not high enough to influence the japanese market. Furthermore Brave Soul was not very profitable for the creator, therefore i doubt that a continuation will be created. As far as i know it’s not like it was very popular in Japan.
And an expansion pack? For a game that doesn’t(as for Japan: didn’t) outstandingly sell well it would really need like …at least 50.000 sold copies of the english version to get the producer’s attention. Expansion packs are also a little uncommon. An expansion pack for games that don’t even sell too well, even in japan, doesn’t sound very reasonable as only those who bought the game can get the expansion…and if of those few buyers only a few buy it’s not gonna be much. The sales of bishoujo games aren’t really “high” on comparison to other games, even in Japan (none of the games sold more than half a million times, not even close to that). Brave Soul might be a big topic in the english bishoujo gaming but in Japan…well not really worth mentioning. Spreading positive word about Brave Soul won’t be enough to sell enough copies of Brave Soul to make the company make a continuation/expansion. Believe me, it’s hopeless,completely hopeless.

quote:
Originally posted by allamala:
The current sale of english bishoujo games is not high enough to influence the japanese market. Furthermore Brave Soul was not very profitable for the creator, therefore i doubt that a continuation will be created. As far as i know it's not like it was very popular in Japan.
And an expansion pack? For a game that doesn't(as for Japan: didn't) outstandingly sell well it would really need like ...at least 50.000 sold copies of the english version to get the producer's attention. Expansion packs are also a little uncommon. An expansion pack for games that don't even sell too well, even in japan, doesn't sound very reasonable as only those who bought the game can get the expansion...and if of those few buyers only a few buy it's not gonna be much. The sales of bishoujo games aren't really "high" on comparison to other games, even in Japan (none of the games sold more than half a million times, not even close to that). Brave Soul might be a big topic in the english bishoujo gaming but in Japan...well not really worth mentioning. Spreading positive word about Brave Soul won't be enough to sell enough copies of Brave Soul to make the company make a continuation/expansion. Believe me, it's hopeless,completely hopeless.

Japan got too many Bishoujo game, and Brave Soul doesn't Stand a change X_X

But hey, without Japan buyer (even is not populor in Japan) the Peach Princess wouldn't even converted into english

At least give a little credit for Brave Soul!

Beside I heard that Peach Princess is thinking about making more RGP like simliar to Brave Soul, give them sometime...

Erm, give a little credit for Brave Soul?
I don’t understand. It almost sounds as if i took credit for Brave Soul, no i didn’t. The only possiblity i can imagine and actually makes sense would be that i should give credit to the Japanese who bought the game… well it’s not like i don’t.
Oh yeah that other game that you heard of, where’d you hear that from? Currently peapri seems to be working on LMM and Gibo and the other games in queue don’t seem to be any RPG. Well not like there were so many bishoujo RPG. Actually i don’t know about any game similar to Brave Soul, well maybe because i don’t know much (well if I was asked for a beat’m up or a shooting game i’d know one but RPG…? no idea).
I’d be interessted to know who that information source was, well sorry to say that but it sounds kind of made up.

Its true, there are a multitude of Bishoujo games in japan and the age of BS in japan would make it all the more difficult for such an expasion pack.

However, US sales, while not bringing any Bishoujo products out of retirement have done so for other anime and manga productions.

quote:
Originally posted by Jinnai:
However, US sales, while not bringing any Bishoujo products out of retirement have done so for other anime and manga productions.

Two years ago the size of the anime market was such that suggesting that a US company finance a continuation of an anime would be like saying they should make the subs telepathically transmitted, instead of obscuring the screen; it was an outlandish idea. It only happened because the market got blown open, and that only happened because of sustained high-quality releases like Evangelion, Crest of the Stars, Berserk, Fruits Basket, and so on.

We haven't NEARLY hit that point with bishoujo games yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Two years ago the size of the anime market was such that suggesting that a US company finance a continuation of an anime would be like saying they should make the subs telepathically transmitted, instead of obscuring the screen; it was an outlandish idea. It only happened because the market got blown open, and that only happened because of sustained high-quality releases like Evangelion, Crest of the Stars, Berserk, Fruits Basket, and so on.

For a prime example look at ADVFilms and their co-production of Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 12-26-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:

True, true and games, of any sort, are either platform or OS/hardware reliant unlike anime/manga. While it is possible to convert products, even with the source code, its not easy.

But seriously, I believe its only a matter of time and also consider the US population is much larger than Japan, so while there are many who wouldn't care, you have a larger overall you don't haveto hit as high of a population desnsity.

The real hurdle i see right now is that there isn't really a dating-sim market here in the US as compared to other markets, dorest mean its not a hidden potential, but doesn't mean there is either. This is a problem because to get to get more stuff transalted over they need to see a potential market for non-H ren'ai dating games.

Maybe they should have Bishoujo RPG Brave Soul into Teenage version of RPG, taking away the adult and put it on something more healthier content picture for kids and launch it in PS2 Version, maybe that will boost up the Market.

This is an opinion, don’t get such a big idea @@

------------------
Brave Soul -EŠ¸‚Ȑ¸

,Best H-RPG
Junior Member :’(

Conversion between platforms aren’t easy, espially for RPGs. It took almost 2 years for FF7 to be ported to pc. Reverse porting (in this case) may be a bit easier do to hardware configurations, but then they;d haveto redo artwork and some dialogues as well. Plus they’d likely haveto spend additional money to get a ps2 lisense from sony and from Crowd.

Then there is the matter of competition from games like Final Fantasy series and Xenosaga (my favorite) and some of the non-rpg mature audiance ones like Beach Volleyball and BMXXX

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 12-26-2003).]

An expansion pack could probably be done, if Crowd still has the tools they used to create the game and if Mogudan were available to do the extra CG’s for the Expansion. It would just be a case of placing the new missions and CG’s in the appropriate spots in the game and defining the trigger events.

-I probably wouldn’t buy it if there were not any new girls in the Expansion(preferably 2) or if Mogudan were not available to do the new art for it. New Items, new missions, new monsters would be a given.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
An expansion pack could probably be done, if Crowd still has the tools they used to create the game and if Mogudan were available to do the extra CG's for the Expansion. It would just be a case of placing the new missions and CG's in the appropriate spots in the game and defining the trigger events.

I think a sequel would be better than an expansion. There are two reasons:

1) Expansions are made of owners of an existing game. Guess what? BS was created some time ago, most Japanese gamers most probably have moved to another games.

2) Even if people still have that game (specially because it was part of Crowd's Best collection), the market would be limited to those who bought the original game.

In other words, if Crowd is still interested to create something on the same line as BS, it would make more sense to make a sequel than an expansion. Something about, let's say, Rudy and (insert your favorite girl name here)'s son/girl decides to go to adventure, and because of your connection to the royal family (Karen), he/she has decided to go beyond the borders.

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
I think a sequel would be better than an expansion. There are two reasons:

1) Expansions are made of owners of an existing game. Guess what? BS was created some time ago, most Japanese gamers most probably have moved to another games.

2) Even if people still have that game (specially because it was part of Crowd's Best collection), the market would be limited to those who bought the original game.

In other words, if Crowd is still interested to create something on the same line as BS, it would make more sense to make a sequel than an expansion. Something about, let's say, Rudy and (insert your favorite girl name here)'s son/girl decides to go to adventure, and because of your connection to the royal family (Karen), he/she has decided to go beyond the borders.

Still if they still have the basic tools and as Doug says Mogudan were available it would be cheaper and easier than a sequal and thus more likely given its poorer sales records to dating sims.

Reasons?
1> No need to make up a new game from the ground up...even sequals haveto basically start from scratch.

2> It takes less time and money....this should be obvious...rarely are exapnsion packs as expensive as original games (though they can be close when they 1st come out).

3> There isn't the need to as high of a threshold of potential buyers usually for an expansion as there is a new game.

Basically the only real problem would be the fact that not everyone owns BS. They can however offer a bundle deal though. They could of course give peach princess the rights to make an exclusive english edition expansion (HA HA yea right) if they feel a japanese market wouldn't purchase it .

quote:
Conversion between platforms aren't easy, espially for RPGs. It took almost 2 years for FF7 to be ported to pc. Reverse porting (in this case) may be a bit easier do to hardware configurations, but then they;d haveto redo artwork and some dialogues as well. Plus they'd likely haveto spend additional money to get a ps2 lisense from sony and from Crowd.

Then there is the matter of competition from games like Final Fantasy series and Xenosaga (my favorite) [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] and some of the non-rpg mature audiance ones like Beach Volleyball and BMXXX

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 12-26-2003).]

You know, Even tho they spend times and money to make an expansion/Brave Soul 2 for Brave Soul, it may have positive outcome (In this world, there is alway something good and something bad, it could never be only one) in the near future.

I think even if Crowd and Peach Princess may something like that for RPG Brave Soul on PS2 , it with cool, not that much game that is simular to Brave Soul, and their is a lot of teenage anime freak and fans out their that like beautiful character design (Both Gender) and the story. If that possible, it may boost up the marketing sales. And I would like to buy the Teen Rating version of Brave Soul on PS2 or Other Hardware Console or PC

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT BRAVE SOUL!!! lol

Oh yea Jinnai, Xenosaga is my favorite game too, can't wait for Second Episode. can't wait until Augest 2004. O_o

[This message has been edited by Dark Alicia (edited 12-26-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Alicia:
You know, Even tho they spend times and money to make an expansion/Brave Soul 2 for Brave Soul, it may have positive outcome (In this world, there is alway something good and something bad, it could never be only one) in the near future.

This is a tough one. I don't think there is much incentive now for Crowd to create BS2...

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Alicia:
I think even if Crowd and Peach Princess may something like that for RPG Brave Soul on PS2

Another tough one. AFAIK, Sony won't let adult games hit the PS2. Noticed most (if not all) ren'ai games being ported into consoles have the H content removed? (Not that it matter THAT much, but you get the idea).

[This message has been edited by fxho (edited 12-27-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
Another tough one. AFAIK, Sony won't let adult games hit the PS2. Noticed most (if not all) ren'ai games being ported into consoles have the H content removed? (Not that it matter THAT much, but you get the idea).

[This message has been edited by fxho (edited 12-27-2003).]

Possible for X-Box

DOA Xtreme Vollyball have a hidden sercet in there ---> Nude DOA girl top to bottom.

if PS2 is 0% chance maybe X-Box will have 1 % chance. :P lol

Actually, while it may be easier to port to Xbox, PS2 and GC sales since they’ve come out have outstripped Xbox, despite it having superior hardware. Doesn’t mean there aren’t tons of Xbox oweners, just in comparison is all.

I would buy an Xbox, but thay have no good english rpgs, they’re all for ps2, except i am a zelda a fan…and i might get a GC just for that game…

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 12-27-2003).]

quote:
Actually, while it may be easier to port to Xbox, PS2 and GC sales since they've come out have outstripped Xbox, despite it having superior hardware. Doesn't mean there aren't tons of Xbox oweners, just in comparison is all.

Added to the fact that most ren'ai games are made specifically for DC or PS/PS2

quote:
Actually, while it may be easier to port to Xbox, PS2 and GC sales since they've come out have outstripped Xbox, despite it having superior hardware. Doesn't mean there aren't tons of Xbox oweners, just in comparison is all.

I would buy an Xbox, but thay have no good english rpgs, they're all for ps2, except i am a zelda a fan...and i might get a GC just for that game...

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 12-27-2003).]

**Cough** Knights of the Old Republic **Cough**

got a problem there doug?

Yea, but its not really close to an rpg…not atleast by oldschool definition…(and no i’m not talking about hackfests…i never liked hacking games much…unfortunatly those are the norm…sigh…)

Actually i always perfered playing for the Empire (although the game is before then)

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 12-28-2003).]