No more Win9x support

If I could get a response on the Game Help board … it is a Important question concerning anyone running WinXP 64-bit. About Doushin and X-Change 3 installing. Thanks

Then uninstall it. Yes you lose some functionality, but it removes those security holes.

Neither did I and I only used XP :smiley:

[ 05-31-2006, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]

You can’t really uninstall it…

I’ve been using Windows 95 for 8 years now, and it has been pretty stable. That has to count for something.

…You still don’t get it, do you? IE4 is INTEGRATED. Meaning it’s always running, making the main OS unstable. This means BOTH offline and online.

Choose not to install?! What crack are you on?! It’s a mandatory component since Windows 98.

Refer to above. It does.

I shouldn’t have to do that.

Point taken.

They were close to ending it in 2003.
And WinME is still a 9x OS in its core.
There are still enough people out there with Win98.

No, it’s the fault of M$ for making a bad default configuration. Companies aren’t going to waste time and money on optimising the OS. All that added bloat just sucks up your RAM and CPU processing, requiring newer computers. This is intentional, because then M$’ buddy Intel sells more CPUs. This is part of why newer systems like XP suck. It’s the endless upgrading process.

So? You should always get the best driver, instead of minimalist one that people probably don’t bother to replace. It’s trickery.

Look! Windows 95 achieved the same stability! :stuck_out_tongue:
Too bad this can’t be said for a fair amount of other people.