Official Castlevania Figures

Seems there’s going to be NECA action figures of Castlevania characters: Dracula, Alucard, the Succubus, and Simon Belmont being first.

:smiley:

well simon seems like he will have a hunchback when he gets old :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a figure, but very Castlevania.

The “teaser demo” of the second stage for the PSP remake is now floating around (Rondo of Blood):

Stage 2 Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T79_qReMz4&mode=related&search=

Here’s the first stage for those who haven’t seen it:

Stage 1 Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa9IJPEGrWc&mode=related&search=

I can’t believe I’m buying a PSP just for this game and this game alone. :frowning: (DS fanboy… but Castlevania roxors by boxors!)

ya i might do the exact same thing too myself, so you are not alone…

but did u mention earlier that noctrine of the moonlight will be on psp as well? i could be wrong though

ADD:
does anybody know how long a psp battery can last before recharging? i have heard as low as 3 hours to as long as 15 hours…

[ 05-26-2007, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

It depends very much on your brightness settings, and how graphically intensive the game is.

Why not just buy the original PC-Engine version instead? The combined price of a Duo-R and the game is about the same as a new PSP and the remake. And the PCE has lots of awesome and super cheap B-games as well. :smiley:

Watching the vids and I must say I don’t like how this looks. I know the remake will include the original version, but you’ll have to unlock it. The remake is just too dark, the original was extremely colorful but this is just drab.

Also the remixed soundtrack sounds like crap compared to the PCE’s redbook audio…

well…castlevania is suppsoed to be “dark”…

if i have to pick on something, it will be richter’s 3D animation. his walk cycle is way too stiff (looks like he is stomping instead of walking) and there seems to be something wrong with gravity when he does a jumping whip

Yes. That was me - and everything is in this same game. :slight_smile:
This game disc will contain:

The original Rondo of Blood as seen on the PC Engine, this 2.5D remake of it, and a slightly improved (cleaner graphics and special effects) of the PS2’s Nocturne in the Moonlight (aka Symphony of the Night).

EDIT
The game is still in testing modes - so the internal physics are expected to be tweaked.

Also: I like the music. Heavy Metal + Castlevania = Win. It’s from the same people who made the Dracula Battle Perfect Selection 1 & 2 according to rumors.

Three for the price of one. Badass… and probably the ONLY thing I’ll ever get for PSP, unless Iga makes a remake of Castlevania III in 2.5D graphics… drools

[ 05-27-2007, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

there’s a ps2 version of the alucard game? :stuck_out_tongue:

…does it have the saturn additions (maria etc)?

Not sure… but I think when Konami says, “slightly improved version” it implies they will be including the extra goodies that the Saturn had.

Or at least it better. :slight_smile:

…but the xbox version didn’t have maria/saturn, did it?

My understanding is that the XBOX was a direct emulation port, without attempts for improvement: that the graphic enhancements were from the XBOX itself, rather than actual alterations to the game.

However I never got an XBOX, so I’m not sure on that. :frowning:

XBOX was too HUGE for me. :wink:

since narg mentioned heavy metal in this thread…

i was snooping around mixi’s castlevania community and there’s a thread with a bunch of castlevania-related niconico videos and i think there are a couple that might worth your attention: castlevania medley by live rock bands

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm109512
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm109881

pretty impressive if you ask me, especially the second one (i thought i was going to bore myself to death when they kept playing the name entering music for minutes :stuck_out_tongue: )

[ 05-27-2007, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

We Westerns aren’t to be outdone either. :smiley:

[ 05-27-2007, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

It looks like Simon Belmont will have his Kung-Fu Grip :smiley:

Some bad news Lamuness

I’ve learned that the “Richter stomp” is staying in the finalized version of 2.5D remake. The enemies’ movement rates are being tweaked to factor the “frame speed” of how Richter moves - rather than Richter being tweaked.

Not what I wanted to hear… :slight_smile:

oh well…not bragging or anything but i think i can do a better walk cycle than that unnatural stomping…i guess it’s alright afterall, just that will have to look at that stomping cycle throughout the game which can be annoying

i still have to see if the saturn additions will be on SOTN, if they do it, then i am totally sold

[ 06-08-2007, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

This site has been collecting demo footage of the stages, and it also has the intro movie.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/category/castlevania

Stage music have changed around to what their supposed to be. :slight_smile:

It’s been confirmed that the voice acting will be redone in the English version. Still no word if the Saturn features will be added. Info lists it as the PS1 port and nothing else…

[ 06-24-2007, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

but there’s no run animation for richter for the pce game, or that slicing dash/tackle, or sliding, or that uppercut move…those i think were added for the SoTN release, no?

i dont recall that richter can run in rondo of blood; that will make richter’s game much easier in my opinion, but he does have that back flip jump though

ADD:
just watched the videos…i dont recall seeing some of the bosses, so they added new stages/bosses? and i am not too keen on the music either; it’s alright/acceptable, but i aint having an orgasm over it, and i’d say i prefer the redbook audio on pce version instead

[ 06-24-2007, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

True. However there was a thing on the Konami site that asked for the most request “new” feature in the remake and a running option was the winner. Of course it could have just been a simple publicity stunt to get site visits… but I’m hoping it wasn’t. Of course the poll was also before videos of the game was released, and the “Richter Stomp” was unknown.

Those were in the original. Some stages had hidden alternate routes that lead to hidden bosses.

As for the music… well… I like the remake’s version. :stuck_out_tongue:
The original was good - and naturally a few of the tunes became classics for the series - but they weren’t my favorites.

Oh! And when I mean the stage music has been changed around, I don’t mean it’s better (I only orgasm for the metalvania tracks), I mean it has the right tune playing for the stages. Earlier demo video had “filler” music and not the actual right BGM.

[ 06-24-2007, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]