Official Post about Shiny Days

install the patch easy method got “xdelta3: too many filenames” error.

I can’t do manual method, I don’t understand this command prompt. how to navigate to other drive? what I can do is go to cmd screen and that is it. don’t know how to go from there.

Tried easy method again as command approach as going nowhere, this time running patch did something. it brought up files days, files and (X86). which seems to do nothing as easy instructions doesn't say to do anything after just running patch.cmd.

Which seems unhelpful, even to someone like me who knows enough about files and computer programs to know where not to put certain game files etc., as I rather not have to reinstall shiny days if I get it wrong. As this sort of thing can be easy to get wrong for anyone, whoever released these files should have put better instructions to put the patch files into the Shiny Day folder. Or found a way to release them in the format the game files are in.

I really hope someone is able to figure this out better than me, otherwise this forum is going to have loads of people complaining that they can't install the patch they want to actually play the game they have been waiting months to play fully.

Seems xdelta is a standard app, there is a version with a GUI front end here - Romhacking.net - Utilities - xdelta UI

Seems to have patched the files ok but scenes are still blanked in replay viewer & not clickable. Could need a new save file?

Downloading now. I have nothing to lose since I haven't even started playing yet. I'll probably start by applying the official bugfix patch first.

Seems that the way it’s set up hates spaces so if its in any folder other than the root of your drive, you’re screwed.

As I thought the patcher doesn't like spaces so move the games folder to the root of your drive & rename it from Shiny Days to Shiny_Days.

Click on patch & wait a min or 2 & all working! :D

Whereabouts in the root of the drive do you mean? in the user bit? C bit where program files are? I take it this means outside of the (x86) folder that the game would usually be installed on for most people. Just want to be sure that I get it right.

Right in the root, so it will look like the picture below. It has to be taken outside of the program files folder.

thought so just wanted to make sure

that did it, I have the kokoro scenes I have gathered so far viewable in replay mode. So not sure why it isn't happening for you Cirno. Thank you so much for your help. Plus this will be helpful for everyone else downloading the patch today.

Cirno did you install the bugfix first? If not that could be why the saves didn’t fix since they were patched in it and the restore patch may need that fix installed to reunlock them.

I was able to get a kokoro scene, but uh, some parts were black screened with text? while i saw some lewd stuff... on the beach where she hits you on the head... hmm

(this is with the patch)

What patch goes first ?

Came out on Xmas as predicted haha.

Well I applied both patches (had to do the restoration patch manually using an Xdelta app) and its working fine except saving still crashes the game immediately as does running in fullscreen unless i enter it using alt+enter.

Well not like i was expecting that to get fixed as annoying as it is, at least now finally, after all this time I can play even if i have to relaunch the game after every save.

1. Apply the bugfix patch.
    2. If necessary, rename folder deleting spaces (ie Shiny_Days)
    3. Extract patch into it’s own folder and place it in the Shiny Days folder.
    4. Run the patch command.

Done!

Editing step 2, also move the newly named folder directly onto main drive. The program x86 directory often denies access for xdelta to patch files so this is the easiest work around that problem.

I think I didn't install the patch right so I guess I'm fixing it now :0 good to see it's finally here tho... >_> Now please don't make me ever have to patch my games to get content like this again lol.

BTW the patch scenes are uncensored.. Poor Kokoro ;_; I feel bad for her. Anyway it works and that's all that matters now right?

The patch work just need to do the patch at root of the drive.

In my case my game was on D:\game. so I copy my game to D:\.
copy patch folder in to game folder I just move . did the patch there. wait and done. copy game back.

Oh yes, the H scene at her home is... most certainly not the most pleasant to watch. Now to see the scenes at the school I have heard about that involve Makoto and a certain character from Cross Days.