Official Post about Shiny Days

Nice, thanks for the info, will try it then after i finish the few endings that i miss. :)

Glad we finally got an update on what’s happening. Even though I’ve kinda given up caring as much as I did before I’m glad that there’s still going to be a restoration patch, but who knows how long that’ll take

Well, I haven’t found the motivation to try much with that beta patch. As Tim mentioned the crashing is exactly as it was before, neither better nor worse. I wanted to try if maybe some “fixed crash points” have been fixed, but since saving (or rather using the save/load menu generally) is still a hassle for me, I was only able to confirm there are still issues even when playing in Vista compatibility mode. But I wasn’t able if it was a random crash or fixed crash, because I was pretty lazy at that evening and switched to watching a few episodes of Anime on my couch… I mean Shiny Days could be such a great couch game, if you did not need to use your keyboard and mouse so often to do all that “crash/stall recovery”. I have a trackball mouse just for that purpose, but picking up the keyboard is always a hassle, because I can’t quit the stalled game using the mouse, when I dared to want to save again…

Could someone tell me if "skipping" skips unseen scenes too ? I mean the little unseen dialogs where no choice is required that make the game go back to x1 when you fast forward ?

Cause i never used it, not knowing if it would. So I use fast forward all the time unless i'm absolutely sure i already saw everything before the next choice.

Yeah it does skip if your not careful. I had a few times I did that and had to go back because of it doing that.

Alright thanks, i'll stick with Fast Forward then...

I’m still hoping for a restoration patch by the end of this year but at this point it looks like it’ll arrive sometime next year. Its a shame because we were all so hyped before the game came out and now this thread is pretty much dead, I guess I’m not the only one who kinda stopped really caring about it

@Tim

Almost another 2 weeks (13 days) since the last update. Can you advise on the status of the final bugfix and restoration patches? It’s been three months since the initial release. I really hope this doesn’t stretch out for much longer.

Finally some decent news to report:

Dev log progress log format has been updated: I'll have a full history here:

http://follow.jastusa.com/post/128544859416/progresslog

New updates will be in new posts and only contain new information for people who are following on tumblr.

Shiny Days 1.01e is available here:

https://connect.jastusa.com/solution/articles/5000672651-shiny-days-1-01e-bugfix-

fix log and details are in that post.

Restore data should be patched by now and the actual patch for restoration should be dropping someday soon (i don't know tbh).

If there is progress, there is hope

yea almost ending purchase the LE still have not play the game waiting for Kokoro and other fixes

we will have what we have been waiting for soonTM

also lol sumaga is in the sonicomi section if you didn't notice and want to fix it :) finish those nitro+ games already and give me more >:o

![](upload://o5M4Fz1OjY6f6nzhpnkED5k7pSS.png)

Shiny Days - 100% Content Restore Patch is apparently out:https://vndb.org/r42309

@kamenreader, the link you put is broken, but your right there is a link to a torrent that claims that it's the restoration patch. Though whether it actually is will need to be confirmed by players first. I would back up your files for Shiny Days before putting the files in this patch into your game files first, just in case it's something else that screws up your game.

As some patches can play badly at time with newer ones, even if QA's never have problem themselves when they test it.

Here's the link on the site Reader mentioned.

https://vndb.org/r42309

Downloading the torrent right now but won’t be able to try it till evening.

Just downloaded the torrent now and putting the patch files into Shiny Days as instructed in the readme. It isn't as simple as just dropping the files into the folder.

Is it legit ? can i finally start playing the damn game ?

@Carlos looks legit as all the files in the download folder are in the shiny days folder already. But I can't say til I have put them in and play the game to see the scenes for myself.

Ok, been trying to do the easy method of putting the patch, but it keeps comes up saying a file is missing when I run patch.cmd as instructed in the readme, even though I extracted everything in the patch folder into a created patch folder in the Shiny Days. Which file it's suppose to be talking about is anyone's guess.

But after looking at the files in the patch folder and comparing them to the pack folder, it seems either the patch files are meant to be intertwined with the current files, have been released with missing data, or they are suppose to be compressions of some sort. All the files are in xdelta file format part from the script which is in the GPK format the pack folder uses.

So trying to do the manual path now that tells you to use command prompt to install it by extracting file to temp folder and then commanding prompt it from there to Shiny Days folder.

If anyone has had any luck yet, let this forum know so people can get to playing the game with the content that is supposedly in this patch file.