Official Post about Shiny Days

This is why unofficial patches (or even official ones) are not a satisfactory solution for some users.

"I'm sorry if it's very rude of me, but could you please upload [the bugfix and restoration patches] elsewhere (for example solidfiles.com or kumpulbagi,com or maybe another file hosting sites)? Because i personally having difficulties downloading from Mega and somehow my ISP blocking the p2p transmission. Thanks"

Source

Doing free technical support for JAST is ending up to be a lot of work, as evidenced by the hundred comments on that post. I'm tempted to throw up my hands and tell this guy to go pirate the game.

The file was tagged as dangerous by google giving people the red screen of "don't go there" because that patch was unsigned. We've taken it down for the time being (If you own the download version of the game you should be able to find it in your download list). We'll updating it with a signed version soon.

@sanahtlig: Thanks for hosting a copy for the time being. Much appreciated.

wanted to say well done on teanslating this game, I have knly had it for three days but am enjoying it now that there is a restoration patch and you all have fixed most of the bugs, will be keeping my eye out for more updates in the future if there are any

Yeah, the restoration patch...

so, had my game back then since october, but waited for bug fixes and the restoration patch... and nearly forgot about the game ;)

So, finally installed it. First in a drive where I wanted it. With the guide from sanahtlih I was able the patch it and do the thing with the new cmd for restoration...

BUT! After playing a bit and then continuing the next day... I encounter sound issues! BGM is gone! And Voices are only there, if the option for it is on max level...

So, deinstalled it, then reinstalled on C:\\shinydays... played a bit before work, then now wanted to start it... same 'error': BGM gone and Voices only if on max volume... even if I am running shiny days as administrator... and doing it with compability mode...

Sooooooo, where am I doing something wrong??? Will deinstall it tomorrow and reinstall... without restoration. Looking, if this is causing trouble... but at the end, it sayed clearly in command bar "enjoy your game".

As for my pc, its win 7 x64 bit.

@÷nee sama …It’s just an Old bug; you just need to delete the file “Config.DAT” everytime it happens, then just re-launch the game.

-

@DannyhelMont

Okay, thx!

Will try it with this solution.

Two more things:

At the first installation of shiny days, after patching the restoration, it broke my "desktop data manager"... had to google it, then to do some repair over command bar... and afterwards to repatch my windows for win-7-themes. Just as a sidenote, if any other out there is using such themes.

Can anyone eventually write the names of the endings and which character it is related to on this flowchart???

I used a similiar flowchart fpr school days back then. Just with the ending names and the related chars in the endings. Had enough fun to figure out the needed choices and at the same time could see if I am on the right road to a specific ending. And yes, I've seen some walkthroughs are up for shiny days already, but as mentioned, just a flowchart with the ending names and chars but without the choices would be great!

Greetings

Put of curiosity does anyone know if youko has an ending with makoto that doesn’t involve him cheating on her in some way. I’ve tried many different options but every time makoto always goes after a different girl

Can someone tell me how to get the Rain of Carnage ending please? I’ve tried all these different ways but still can’t seem to get it

I started to finally get to play the game and from the offset there's a few things that irks me. One big factor is how Itaru calling Makoto is handled. Does JAST hate honorifics or something? Or maybe that translator that caused the massive delay on this game hates it? Whatever the reason reading Itaru calling his name and not Onii-chan is very strange especially in some scenes. Several other scenes with awkward reading that seem to got through QC (Quality Check). I think sanahtlig was talking about this in the previous thread pages and I agree on what he said.

There is also a missing line in the scene at the restaurant where Itaru and Makoto go to Radish the first time and Noan teases Makoto before getting Setsuna to seat and serve the two. I think it's in chapter 2. And the missing line is when they go to pay the bill with Setsuna behind the register in one of the choice scene there is a missing line before she gives Makoto the movie tickets. I want to ask a JAST staff will there be any other patches to fix these things? Not speaking about the honorific thing but the other stuff mentioned? But would be nice but doubtful to include honorifics cuz it makes no sense in a game where it is heavily used. Glad Mangagamer uses honorifics at least the last game I read, ImoPara, yes I read it for the plot (what little it had) and funny dialogue and situations.

Also this page https://connect.jastusa.com/support/solutions/articles/5000672651-shiny-days-1-01e-bugfix- still has no file so I am unsure if I need this fix or if it is the same one I got before

@Philip Baxton

I dunno what that scene is as I take my time reading and going through all the choices as I can in the game but do you got this site? http://www.otakulair.com/shiny-days-walkthrough-jast-usa/ I got that one down just in case I have trouble later on getting the endings.

"Also this page https://connect.jastusa.com/support/solutions/articles/5000672651-shiny-days-1-01e-bugfix- still has no file so I am unsure if I need this fix or if it is the same one I got before"

The link was taken down because it was causing the entire JAST site to be flagged as malicious. If you need the patch, download from the mirror I provided in my guide.

@akihaThe Rain of Carnage is the ending in which Kotonoha kills Makoto and the other guy for what they were doing to Kokoro

For people having trouble to end some routes by following the official guide (I dont know if it’s due to the patches that modified them since the guide was made or something), follow this guide :

For example I couldnt end the “4 people in Paris” with the official guide and by following this one i achieved it without problem (even if the formating is kinda bad). Some answers are different between the two, that’s why.

@Relm said:
For people having trouble to end some routes by following the official guide (I dont know if it’s due to the patches that modified them since the guide was made or something), follow this guide :

English Translation【SHINY DAYS】test.docx - Google Docs

For example I couldnt end the “4 people in Paris” with the official guide and by following this one i achieved it without problem (even if the formating is kinda bad). Some answers are different between the two, that’s why.

That looks like a straight translation of the JP guide I’ve been using. Not bad.

Can anybody help me with the “Script Version Doesn’t Match” problem in Cross Days? Yes, I’ve bought the game, so I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve tried everything.

@AnnaMurashige said:
Can anybody help me with the “Script Version Doesn’t Match” problem in Cross Days? Yes, I’ve bought the game, so I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve tried everything.
I know I’ve encountered that error with the School Days franchise before. I think it involves conflicts between game versions or installations. Try uninstalling all versions of the game on your PC, then installing to the default game directory. Try to run the game without patching it, then try patching it if it works.

JAST fu?k you with your sh!tty censorship please, your SJWism annoys me

Technically, there was more then Family Project and X-Change 3. I think the first game censored was May Club, which is still one of my favorite games, and is STILL waiting for a complete proper patch. I used to have the soundtrack for that one in midi… True Love 95 might have been my first “h” game, but May Club had to have been the second or third. JastUSA might have just distributed that one, though. May Club Nocturnal Illusion was another one.

The X-Change 3 stuff was… odd. There were a number of changes in there that didn’t seem to be legally required, cutting out a good amount of script with the student scenes.

What it comes down to at this point is… basically getting the material at all or suffering cuts and hoping they will be patched in. It’d be nice if Jast made it easy like some other companies by leaving the material and code in the program, and letting someone patch it back in. That’s been done before with these games.

There are certain games that I’d kill to be released in some form, mainly the 6 methods to conquer the world series by crowd… but I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

Gods, I wish someone would remake some of those older games to run right on Windows 10. I have an XP virtual machine, but it’s a real shame most people now won’t know the joy of the older titles like May Club, Season of the Sakura… anything that ran in 16-bit mode…

Now that retro is back in, perhaps Jast might consider looking into nabbing May Club DX?

@Prisoner_416 , it’s great to see someone else on the forum who is a fan of the first-generation JAST games! :slight_smile: I do think that I wouldn’t hold my breath for that “May Club” patch any time soon, though, haha.

I agree that the whole compatability issue with those early Windows games is a real bummer, but I wanted to pass along two resources you might enjoy along those lines. For JAST USA’s first three titles (Three Sisters Story, Season of the Sakura, and Runaway City), I have found the [“JAST USA Memorial Collection” ](https://www.jlist.com/j007 "“JAST USA Memorial Collection” ") to still run pretty stably on Windows 10. I experience a glitch every once in a blue moon, but it’s pretty rare. Plus, it’s cheap as hell now ($5) and would pay JAST USA a little stil for the titles.

For May Club and Nocturnal Illusion, unfortunately they didn’t receive the compatability TLC that the other three titles did, and I find the “Memorial Collection” version of those two games to be absolutely unplayable on Windows 7, 8, or 10. However, google “The Asenheim Project”. There is a group out there who is taking those early games and making them playable in a browser window in a format that works just fine, and it even includes a save feature. They have a partially-translated version of May Club DX that might be just what you are looking for.

anyone know how to 100% the game?