Official Post about Shiny Days

I’m having trouble with the restoration patch. I downloaded the patch, extracted the files, added it to the game yet the kokoro scenes are still skipped over. Is the new files suppose to replace the already existing files in the packs section or am I suppose to place the patch somewhere else. Can someone please help me

You should follow my guide.

Shiny Days restore patch released + Installation guide

So i decided to give it another try after giving up 2 weeks ago on making the patch work, so i renamed the main folder from Shiny_Days to SHINYDAYS and now it works? what the actual fuck?

@lycantrophos SHINYDAYS is the jpn default install folder name and exe.

I know this is super lazy of me, but does anyone have a save file with the kokoro h scenes already completed and viewable in the gallery? I am overseas and don't have access to my save file back home.

@milkmandan: I use the JP save, though it still works. “http://www.4shared.com/file/fIa9_JmMce/GlobalFlag.html

i used that save but i have six black spots rest shows koura and some others not showing i thought the patch worked

After getting the bug fix and restoration patches, I finally started to tackle this game. So far I have only been doing the Inori route.Two things: I still found a hiccup while wearing the cat iniform in the Inori route where it very briefly shows the other uniform. It is right when they meet the temp manager the first time. Not a big deal and haven’t tested the other uniform yet but just wondering if that was still just in there after the bug fix patch.And second, how much percentage total can you get from just the top route? I also filled in the node for the Kagura ending, but wondering since there are 2 ways to get that ending if both nodes are for the same ending. And a little irrelevant but Lady Inori is really something else isn’t she? Haha

Yeah Inori is cool but I enjoyed the other big route (Summer Days part) much more than the top one to be honest (i started with it like you). I found the main story with Setsuna much more convincing than that new plot they added as top route, plus it's a lot deeper choices wise.

I noticed that costume bug too but it wasnt a big deal, it's only in one scene and you'll spend most of your time in the other side of the game. I dont think it has been fixed or will be...

I dont remember exactly how much % is on top route, maybe something like 20~25% ? I'm sure the other guys will tell you more accurately. Anyway it will feel like it was 10% max when you'll play the rest of the game. :D

I have filled in every node on the top part (despite not being able to actually reach the 4th node down to make a save for it, it is just an alrernate of The Kagura Offering correct?) After that I an left with 23% so far, I believe I have went through every dialogue choice. I agree that there wasn’t alot going on except the one main story route for Inori. It almost felt like the other endings didn’t fit it (especially Kotonoha’s because it seemed like more of a hookup than anything and so unlike her, enjoyable scene though). Overall I think it was alright, I don’t know why you can even pursue Setsuna on top when there is no true ending for her in the top route.

guys i got this after restore patch i just now scan it i used my maleware scan it showed nothing ,i used my windows defender i got server warning it said it was this

Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.F!plock
Alert level: Severe† it came from my programs file

†it came from programs file shinydays sigh

Does anyone know what ending i'm missing here?

Across all the guides i've used i'm pretty sure i've done every ending yet there's one i seem to be missing.

![](upload://xrlllQwtyJoL10NyVPZbT4rLpii.png)

Both the game and the restoration patches are detected by security software heuristic algorithms as malware. All that really tells you is that security software has a high false-positive rate. Unfortunately, since the restoration patch was released unofficially, that makes it an easy target for unscrupulous users to slip actual viruses into it. I'd suggest downloading the restoration patch only from credible sources, and then disabling your security software + adding the directory to your list of exclusions.

Since I was suspicious of the source, I had checked the torrent files both using my own scanner and using virustotal.com, but the result was negative. Therefore I am pretty sure the original upload of the restoration patch was free of known malware.

Btw. I think it's bad praxis to add directory exclusions too lightly... if ever a male-ware actually compromises a file within such a directory, the warning will be suppressed... I wonder why no anti-virus program I know of allows to whitelist by exact name and some hash, because all you should want is to white-list this exact file.

I can tell you that adding the install directory to my list of exclusions was the only way I could find to keep my security software from repeatedly deleting files during installation and game execution. I've had to do the same with my text hookers.

I'm not entirely sure, but if an infection did occur in an excluded directory it should remain contained within the directory and/or RAM.

Can someone help me out with the restore patch. I get the prompt that says enjoy your game but before that it keeps telling me that the xdelta files have too many filenames. The scenes are also still blacked out. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

Screenshot the error.

Sorry for the late reply, my laptop was acting a bit funny so I ended just taking a picture of the problem. Here it is

I see Program Files in the filename. That's one potential issue. Uninstall the game completely and follow my installation guide.

JAST's 1.01e Bugfix Patch link is down, so I uploaded a mirror. The updated link can be found in my blog post. I also provided the VirusTotal results in the latest comment, for those who are concerned.