Official Post about Starless: Nymphomaniacs' Paradise

@Tim

This is the disc from the Sei Collection Boxset.

![](upload://yCkSau2Hk2gzevatHZw4i8xFAit.jpeg)

Any news on the physical LE shipments?

Ya it’s been over two weeks on when they stated they should be done n ready to ship…

@Murderous Int : I believe the discs that we had pressed are different from that.

@slags @Terry Wilson : The delay was from an issue with the boxes getting printed (which holds up package assembly and shipment). We're trying hard to get this stuff out asap, we will have a post/tweet when we are shipping steadily. Sorry about the delays.

@Tim: Thank you Tim. Ya please let us know. Any guesswork on a ETA or will we get a tracking number in our emails when it does ship?

@ Tim

Once you finish all the patches, would it be possible for you guys to do an official Starless video demo on your youtube channel for the first 15-30 minutes of play time? (video cuts off before the first H-scene)

You could embed it on the Starless website and the JAST USA and J-List Starless product pages. It would also be much easier for you and us fans to spread the word if we had a SFW trailer we could link to on other boards and social media.

Guesswork is just guesswork... 2 weeks ago, we were told "in around 2 weeks," so my guess is that "Soon" is the only cautiously optimistic answer I can personally provide (sadly....)

Of course when your order does go out, you will get an email saying that it shipped (and tracking numbers if you have tracking) and I'll make a small post here just to give a heads up for the mails that get sent to spam...

@ Tim

Don’t pull a Nick Graham and pretend you didn’t see my post XD

@ HyugaX I actually didn't see your post lol~ I got a notification on my phone with the "Don't pull a Nick Graham.." msg on it and was like.. HEY WTF SON...

We do have a starless trailer on youtube (its the opening video). https://youtu.be/T3YeB0yUMZk we can add that to the jastusa site since it's kinda missing from there... (jlist has it though)

There is a Let's Play gamer (kinda funny in my mind: Starless - Let's play review...) that has a video of the first 15 minutes.. he doesn't even get to the gate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK2bUsnbhFI

It might be better to stick with our current PV and let people search for play footage themselves. (strange that the let's pay videos don't show up in our suggestions with the official PV...

@Tim

Thank you for the update. =D

@ Tim

Thought you might have missed my first post, glad I got your attention the second time around ;D

I’ve seen your trailer on J-List and like it a lot; and yes I think you should add it to the JAST USA product page as well (as you did for the screenshots).

I think a video demo is a good idea because it lets the player experience a segment of the game itself (including story, art, characters, music, setting, etc) and gets them invested in the game. It’s also cheaper than making an actual game demo and is a quicker and more convenient way of experiencing the game that can be promoted and shared more easily since its all-ages. The video demo also isn’t meant to replace the trailer, as you indicated, rather it would be an additional video potential customers could view on the store pages.

The video you listed is a step in the right direction but still needs some work. The video quality is poor (it’s hard to read the text even on full screen) and since it isn’t listed on JAST or J-List, your social media, or linked to your official trailer, it’s only gotten about 430 views compared to the 28,000 views your trailer has and it doesn’t reference the JAST / J-List name and websites in any way. I’d say a length of 30 minutes would be more appropriate since the first 15 don’t even get you in the mansion. LOL

I think it’d be worth considering and it can serve as a test case for Shiny Days which most definitely should have an official video demo considering its fully animated.

I agree that a brief video demo makes a lot of sense for VNs with no gameplay. I think this is a great way to promote your products.

A lets play of Starless.

A video review would be more prompt, that can give a perspective buyer a slice of the game.

Eroknight had one up, but its been removed from youtube.

That or a playable demo.

You can download the JP demo on the Empress Starless site.

http://www.willplus-download.com/starless_trial2_web.zip

They also have desktop wallpapers. :)

http://www.will-game.com/empress/starless/download.html

"A lets play of Starless."

Is there a way to disable the narration without muting the BGM, voice, and sound effects?

"Is there a way to disable the narration without muting the BGM, voice, and sound effects? "

Obvious answer no. Second answer would be download the JP demo or buy the game.

The previous link from Tim had a silent LP.

For the JAST and JList sites, we generally only link official media, but on our SNS if we find quality material we will generally post it. Most of the Let's play's I've found for starless are not great quality --Murderous Int's one is probably the best I've seen so far and it's still pretty grainy.

We do have a few reviewers who requested Starless working on it ATM. Hopefully they will have a different opinion from the recent reviews that just goes to show that obviously, it is not a game for everyone. If one of them happens to include a video, all the better (We had a few for Littlewitch).

Btw @Murderous Int: We've posted some of those wall papers (I love the car one, I even put up the image of the concept art from the artbook on our SNS)

I had noticed them on the feeds. :) My fav is the Mitarai one <3 (Feet on the table!)

I'll keep a look out for the reviews when they get posted.

I really enjoyed Sorreah's thoughts on the game on this thread. I know Sei put a lot of design work into Starless (5 years worth!). Sorreah brought up things I hadn't even analysed from the design perspective that Sei/Empress might have intentionally put into the game.

I myself was doing a lets play of the interview need to get around to finish it for them to do a review in my main channel eventually if i get around to

Well I never realized this but there were lot of cross references to previous games, such is the school Marisa mentioned, is actually the school from Discipline. When someone mentioned that, I was genuinely surprised since the bitchy character from Discipline has uncanny resemblance with the bitchy sister from the Starless. The Bible Black references throughout the game also was a nice tough. And then the punishment of the mother/daughter in DominancE that gave some solace to the fans who hated that the mother/daughter in Starless didn't get any comeuppance at all. I guess you can call them hentai Easter egg but only hardcore fans will notice those.

I still am eagerly waiting for the physical copy that comes with the magazine and Sei's interview to find out what's the plan for the future, it if is ever mentioned. I want to know if we will ever see any Starless like again in the future. So far after Starless, only game that came close to Starless was DominancE but that was a heap of messed buffalo crap that was all over the story line. Unnecessary sex scenes, unnecessary twist and lots of unnecessary things that didn't belong anywhere in the game. Not to mention how rushed the game was at the end. Well, hope Closed Game is good. The demo was okay but it still seems like it will follow the path of Lewdness and DominancE.

@Carlos: let us know when the review is up and we can give it a boost on our SNS. Btw, the nipple crests were hamburgered but you kinda missed the dog penis?I guess it is just the tip ;)