One small way you can help out

Well I see people auction pirated copies of Peach Princess / Hobibox / Jast etc. games all the time on Ebay. I always report them to ebay via their report page.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html

Perhaps if a couple people reported these auctions with me, Ebay would take more notice. Every little bit helps and I really want these people to lose their account status, selling other peoples work for your own gain, doesn’t get much lower…
P.S. I will not list the auctions since Lamuness does not like that but they are pretty easy to find.

[This message has been edited by Bigdog (edited 08-20-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
Perhaps if a couple people reported these auctions with me, Ebay would take more notice. Every little bit helps and I really want these people to lose their account status, selling other peoples work for your own gain, doesn't get much lower...
P.S. I will not list the auctions since Lamuness does not like that but they are pretty easy to find.

Unfortunately, it seems that eBay doesn't really take care of such things until the company, that own said products, themselves send word about such an abuse. In my own experience, none of the illegal auctions I have flagged were ever taken down. Perhaps others have had more luck...

Do you mean auctions like these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1374902940

Master Pivot: Thats the point if maybe 12-15 people sent in requests to take the auction down Ebay might do something about it.

Tsukiyono Omi: That is exactly the one I was talking about, but Lamuness doesn’t like us posting the links to the pirated software on the board (I can understand). That is why I didn’t put the link up just the reporting link.

well, ive gone and added my report
and they did mention that it was currently under investigation as i submitted it

lets hope that actually means they’e do somthing

maybe if Lamuness were to send a report as well? he does work for PeachPrincess, so his voice might carry more weight

hmm, oh ok, 25 copies…but still…

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 08-21-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by Tsukiyono Omi:
Do you mean auctions like these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1374902940

Man, I must be tired. I was almost ready to post asking how you knew this was bootleg material, then I noticed he was selling 25 of 'em at $10 each.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Man, I must be tired. I was almost ready to post asking how you knew this was bootleg material, then I noticed he was selling 25 of 'em at $10 each.

Heh, that is somewhat of a give away isn't it? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Not that it's always an indication of bootleg material. One of the guys on Ebay that I buy DVD's from always has several of them for prices that seem ridiculously low. But every single one I've bought from him has been the legal U.S. copyrighted versions. I really wish I knew how he was making a profit from that though...

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Heh, that is somewhat of a give away isn't it? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Not that it's always an indication of bootleg material. One of the guys on Ebay that I buy DVD's from always has several of them for prices that seem ridiculously low. But every single one I've bought from him has been the legal U.S. copyrighted versions. I really wish I knew how he was making a profit from that though...

You've heard of carjacking? This is something kind of similar called DVD-jacking.

quote:
You've heard of carjacking? This is something kind of similar called DVD-jacking.

Actually, I'm don't believe that's the case since this is an actual legitimate business that I even looked up through the better business bureau. (Okay, so it was a slow day...) And besides, there's just too many different titles from different companies for it to be a normal jacking. One or two titles or maybe just all titles from one company would have made me too suspicious of this being a "lost" shipment.

Well, hopefully they will actually do something about this. I agree that’s sinking pretty low to gain from other people’s work.

hey…did it work?
the auction link is now invalid, does that mean they shut him down?

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
hey...did it work?
the auction link is now invalid, does that mean they shut him down?

Perhaps, or he just sold out his pirated stuff. Peach Princess really ought to sell their stuff by E-bay too, that might counter what the pirates are doing, even if it is jsut in a small way.

i dunno…he couldnt have sold it by now…he didnt have a buynow option open did he?

hmmmh
selling by ebay…good point…spreads awareness

anyhow, assuming that it did work, and ebay did shut him down, we should repeat this strategy in the future, someone should define a way to contact and inform the rest of us of other questionable auctions, a mailinglist?

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Perhaps, or he just sold out his pirated stuff. Peach Princess really ought to sell their stuff by E-bay too, that might counter what the pirates are doing, even if it is jsut in a small way.

I highly doubt this would be effective when the pirates can undercut Peach Princess on the open forum every time.

quote:
I highly doubt this would be effective when the pirates can undercut Peach Princess on the open forum every time.

Well, it's better than nothing anyway, ne?

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Well, it's better than nothing anyway, ne?

Not if it winds up actually costing them money for no gain.

quote:

well, the main point is that the presence of a legitimate auction will inform people who didnt know otherwise, that there are legitimate copies available

hopefully those people will then be willing to pay more money for the real thing

besdies, all of us will be constantly reporting the bootleg auctions and shutting them down

quote:

Well, that's always a risk, but I don't think the risk is very high; people have brought pirated adult bishoujo games for far higher prices at E-bay before, and if we can keep reporting auctions which are illegal, then Peach Princess won't get "outnumbered" [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
well, the main point is that the presence of a legitimate auction will inform people who didnt know otherwise, that there are legitimate copies available

hopefully those people will then be willing to pay more money for the real thing

besdies, all of us will be constantly reporting the bootleg auctions and shutting them down

This is true; I hadn't thought of that. I suppose it would be a good idea to run an auction off of eBay, then, except that I despise eBay. One, they use Passport. Two, I finally had to just close my stupid eBay account altogether because it generated so much spam; first I tried to change my email from the main one I use to my "direct spam here" account, but they told me that they demanded a credit card if you wanted to sign up from a free email service, so I told them to go fsck themselves. Then I tried to cancel my account, only eBay doesn't say how or even tell you that you can cancel your account.

*Froths at the mouth*

...maybe I should copy this to the thread that never ends?