Pay site question

A friend of mine mentioned that he was enrolled in a paysite. I started to chastise him for it, then realized that he may actually have been signed up for the one paysite that was trying to be legitimate.

Was Free Thought the paysite that actually licensed their content?

That’s what I thought but I didn’t know for sure and I certainly didn’t go check. Will advise my friend to cancel his membership. Which site WAS the one that is actually licensing content?

hmmh
this is odd, i just had a look at this Free Thought site

it doesnt look legitimate at all to me
yet
if i look closely at their site, one of the links ‘shop anime’ links to Animenation
also, if i look at their affilate program email(under their help seciton) it comes from an animenation.org email address

Animenation is a legitimate site, but this Free Thought/HFlood definetly isnt
i wonder what is going on with the links between them

If hflood is a bogus, illegitimate site then why did I get some bookmarks promoting the site in my Transfer Student package (from JAST USA directly)?

They have HGame CG Series ^_^;;…
nuff said.

To all that apply:

Just buy the real thing ya cheap bastards.

quote:
There IS an affiliation. John Opplinger (Ask John! dude) answers e-mail to that site, and you also mail payment through the postal mail to the same address as AnimeNation.
AnimeNation address:
AnimeNation
13929 Lynmar Blvd.
Tampa, FL

Free-thought/HFlood address:
FreeThought Enterprises, Inc.
13929 Lynmar Blvd
Tampa, FL

Also, look up the registration to those sites, and you will see Gene Field. Guess who??? I do believe he is president of AnimeNation...

Guess the cat is out of the bag now, isn't it?

so this piracy site, and animenation are run by the same guy?

i guess i'll start boycotting animenation then

any ideas how we can inform the rest of the world about this?

oh
i know
we can email all sites like animenewsnetwork and such
help spread awareness about bishoujo/hentai and the piracy problem

[This message has been edited by exoarchaeologist (edited 08-08-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
any ideas how we can inform the rest of the world about this?

How about a post in Animenation's BBS?

quote:
Originally posted by H-Gurl:
They have HGame CG Series ^_^;;...
nuff said.

I remember months ago Kumiko said something about one specific pay site, whose name escapes me, actually *paying* to license h-game CG so they could put it up for download. I was wondering if this was that site.

so, does anyone know of another good anime merchandise online store?

animenation used to be the main one i got stuff from, but…thats out of the question now

somplace with bishoujo games, dvds, manga, who also takes credit cards

quote:
so, does anyone know of another good anime merchandise online store?

animenation used to be the main one i got stuff from, but...thats out of the question now

somplace with bishoujo games, dvds, manga, who also takes credit cards

JList, Peach Princess, Animetric, Himeya

thanks, ill give those a try

quote:
Originally posted by anon2233:
"Do they license their content?"

NO! I would like to see how they could possibly license Kanon, To Heart, etc. pictures. There is no way they can contact all of the game makers and ask permission, and pay out money for everything on their site... They would probably go bankrupt. They also scan doujinshi and I KNOW they don't have permission to do that...

This is AnimeNation's dirty little secret...

Oh...they have Kanon and To Heart CG etc. Never mind, you're absolutely right. It's not legit. (No, I haven't actually been to the site.)

quote:

so this piracy site, and animenation are run by the same guy?

i guess i'll start boycotting animenation then

[This message has been edited by exoarchaeologist (edited 08-08-2002).]

Agreed. Not that I ever *have* bought anything from animenation (to my recollection), but I never will now.

i will join this boycott, although it does sadden me, since i have bought quite a bit from animenation and always been happy with their service…but we can’t have them supporting pirated bishoujo content…someone should write to them and tell them there is a boycott beginning until they stop supporting this piracy site

Umm…it isn’t really “supporting” the pirate site–if I’m reading this correctly, they ARE the pirate site. (Or at least, they’re both run by the same guy.)

If AN is behind a pirate site, it’s kinda strange, since they’re very strict about piraticy on thier board… wonder if they’re just “pretending” the whole thing, or if the other people behind An is clueless…? In any case, it’s more than a pity that they (or at least the guy behind AN) is doing something like that.

i just had a thought…
Animenation sells Hgames
how does PeachPrincess feel about a company selling their games, but also supporting pirated content on the HFlood end?

what about the other companies whos’ games they sell?

perhaps if all those companies knew about the situtation, and asked animenation to either stop HFlood, or stop selling their games…

quote:
i just had a thought....
Animenation sells Hgames
how does PeachPrincess feel about a company selling their games, but also supporting pirated content on the HFlood end?

what about the other companies whos' games they sell?

perhaps if all those companies knew about the situtation, and asked animenation to either stop HFlood, or stop selling their games....

Hmm, that's hard to say... Maybe PP hasn't protested and/or asked AN to either shut down the sites or stop selling PP's games because that PP needs all retailers they can get? The adult bishoujo games is a small market now, with only a few retailers as far as I know, and if they lose one of their biggest retailers (most anime fans comes sooner or later to visit AN, even if just once), it might be bad for their business (and for us too).

so…youre suggesting…that since Animenation is so big, there is no point fighting and we might as well give in?

what would happen to the market if we took that same attidude for all the other Hentai paysites, which are similarly as prominent?

if PeachPrincess allows this situation to continue, they will be condoning the actions of Animenation/HFlood, i belive that in the long term this is more harmful than the loss of a retailer