Presentation of future peapri games

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
[b]That's not what I meant. If I buy the Limited Edition, which has a different cover than the standard box', I wouldn't have the cover from the standard box.
-> I would want to have both covers. Collecting all the material that the game has to offer.

You're hopeless, man. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Been a while since I posted here but I’ll add my 2 cents.

I love limited editions so I’d certainly be willing to pay extra for the extras (though I would like a manual in this edition–though maybe more of an artbook). I also like the idea someone posted here about soundtracks.

In general wishes for the future, I’d like to see some more complex games (maybe something from Alicesoft–Daiakuji, perhaps). Other personal favorite companies include Mink and Illusion. Though I of course understand if it’s not possible due to market constraints, etc.

Thanx

I would love to buy any LE games that came out. I always have to have all the DVD volume 1 + case LE when I buy anime. It’s always like that. Voice Clock aside, the LE of Soul Link is awesome. The box is BIG, with great print quality and it comes with a hard cover artbook with CG artwork, concept art, and background sketches. By the way, when you’re talking about LE items being included for a higher price, these are these going to be things that already exist on the Japanese market or new things just for the US release?

Depends on what’s in the LE. The manuals aren’t really necessary for the regular ADV. type games, but if you all ever do another game like Brave Soul, the manual will be necessary.

As fo Ltd. Ed. content, wouldn’t mind a poster or two.

To me it depends on what’s in it, what the resale value would be and most importantly, do i really like this game…

FE I refused to buy my copies of Lunar SSSC, Lunar 2, Thousand Arms, Tactics Ogre (PS1), Ogre Battle (PS1) unless they came with everything. And seeing as only i bought Lunar 2 new (was 39.99!!! A steal!!!) i passed up lots of them.

But it also depends too on what it is…i was considering getting Azumanga Daioh DVDs with the 1st box Lapel pin, but i dunno. However i am spending the money to buy Evangelion Plantinum Edition rather than buying the already released DVDs.

If they came out here so i could play it on an unmodded ps2, i’d buy the limitied edition $239 special edition of Xenosaga Espisode 2…i’d haveto sell some stuff, like my four MTG Warth of Gods…a few of my non-essential games…some of my DBZ/GT CCG collection, but it’d be worth it…if they came out with one here. But they won’t.

So bottom line is, if its something i really like and it has some descent stuff, i’d buy it.

As to the manual, unless were talking something I need to do some hefty reading on before i play the game, ditch the manual, unless you want to make a hardbound one for LE. And since the last b-game i rememeber i actually had to do some amount of reading was Princess Maker 3 (which isn’t an h-game and isn’t released in english) i can safely say you don’t need them.

But its nice to get the hardbound ones like the one i got from Casual Romance Club. :slight_smile: I did read that one even though i knew i didn’t really need to to understand how to play the game.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 01-18-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Jinnai:
If they came out here so i could play it on an unmodded ps2, i'd buy the limitied edition $239 special edition of Xenosaga Espisode 2...i'd haveto sell some stuff, like my four MTG Warth of Gods...a few of my non-essential games...some of my DBZ/GT CCG collection, but it'd be worth it....if they came out with one here. But they won't.

I'm curious...what exactly does this special edition include? For that price, I'd almost expect life-size action figures. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
I'm curious...what exactly does this special edition include? For that price, I'd almost expect life-size action figures. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

I was wrong...its a mere $229...atleast where i saw it.

# Two KOS-MOS figures(one standing and one sitting)
# A Tab-bike figure
# Two stands for each figures
# Three weapons for the KOS-MOS figures
# A visual artbook

I guess for most people it wouldn't be worth it, but then i really am a Xenofreak.

A really good manual can make a good game better. I’ve been around long enough that I remember some other color, art-filled, hint-filled manuals from titles before those PSX games: the three early Final Fantasy games, Simcity SNES, Earthbound…

Just looking at the not-too-bad DVD shelves at a local Best Buy, there’s some nice special editions. Northern Exposure contains a jacket. The Evil Dead movies have a Necronomicon-like cover. A recent Lupin TV disc includes a toy car and an action figure.

As for bishoujo games, I don’t mind mosaic. I didn’t order Critical Point special edition, but if another like it were made, I’d consider it. Didn’t even download the patch for Kana.

By the way, ZaphodB.Goode, if you’re still looking for good anime and manga, feel free to ask around in another topic. My tastes have grown over the last six years, so I can recommend a diverse bunch: Laputa (Castle in the Sky), Maison Ikkoku, Kodocha (Child’s Toy), Cowboy Bebop. and Kaiji Kawaguchi’s Eagle.

Sorry to get off track. So says the Taiyaki Fan.

I ordered the Growlanser IV LE the other day. Comes with some post cards and a statue of the new fairy. It should be here tommorow, i can’t wait. Here’s a pic: http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPS-65383.html

And I fully support the idea of LE relases for B-games. Hell I spent $98 on the above

[This message has been edited by SuperDeadite (edited 01-19-2005).]

Q1) I love reading manuals before I actually play a game it just makes it a better experience when I actually get my hands on it.

Q2) I’ll put it like this I bought the Lord of the Rings trilogy when it came out the first time (widescreen of course) then I turn around 4-5 months after each one came out and bought the Special editions. I’ll leave your imaginations to decide my answer on special edition items.

quote:
Originally posted by cdog21:
Q1) I love reading manuals before I actually play a game it just makes it a better experience when I actually get my hands on it.

I do too, but i think you and I are actually in the minority of those people who actually enjoy reading them.

snaps out of hibernation

Like some of the others here, I like manuals. However, I don’t consider stuff like an install guide, disclaimers, and profiles a manual. I’d be fine with just having pdfs or Windows help files you can view while installing (the latter basically being G-collection’s solution that works quite well IMO) in most cases. I’m iffier when there’s something actually relevant in the manuals, such as the folk tale in LMM’s manual. Plus, that image of Mayu and Mari was very cute . . . of course, LMM was more complex than most b-games we see on this side of the pond. I would have been fine with no manual for something along the lines of Snow Drop or Tokimeki Check-In.

I’d gladly pick up special editions. My desk is a habitat for figurines, cards, and other neat things. When I was in Japan over the summer for a few days, I put many coins into toy machines in addition to buying artbooks, models, and figurines. This may not be Japan, but b-games are an intersection of two hobbies, anime/manga and gaming. The latter has a tradition of breeding people with interest in neat things (all those action figures being produced based on video and PC games aren’t being sent to normal toy stores . . .) and the former tends to have enthusists interested in multiple aspects of the culture, including various omake. Of course, bbs’s being something that tend to attract a more devoted fanbase, the favorable response to LE’s shouldn’t be much of a surprise, but you’re still dealing with two subcultures that often are drawn to plastic and cardboard here.

My thought is, if there are 2 version of packaging. I would have them like this:

1. Standard version: Game CD, with PDF manual.

2. Limited edition: Game CD, Quality printed manual, character/game design booklet, and other goodies.

If I just want to play the game, I wouldn’t mind if it has printed manual or not. In the other hand, if I really like this game, I would no doubt go for the Limited edition.

I want manuals, because like Lamuness said, getting rid of them WILL NOT REDUCE THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR THE GAME!

As for LE versions, yes I would want them, but I want GOOD bonuses if I’m paying extra. Here is a list of examples. Ones with a * are ones I think are very important, and sould be included with most LEs.

*Soundtrack
*Artbook
Body pillow case
figures
game bonuses, if possible (for example translated fan discs, ect)
T-shirts
non-paper posters (such as bamboo, silk, plastic, ect)

Concerning what I would like to come with LE, my list would be very similar to Laslow’s.

well well well, i think laslow is being a bit greedy there

…come on guys, a life size pillowcase costs alot to make, and not everybody can afford to put that kind of thing in their bedroom if they have someone else living with them (dark_shiki comes to mind). not only that, not every japanese company makes them, and it’s not like they ALWAYS have a full-length character CG that we can just steal and make a pillowcase out of.

artbook, while that may be relatively more feasible, i think in japan they are sold separately as separate sources of revenue (for the companies at least), and not so often as part of an LE.

anyways, if we do everything laslow wanted, the LE will go way up to the three-digit range in terms of price. not everybody can afford that kind of price.

while this thread can be a wish list, we have to be pragmatic on this too. we want to offer bonues but we dont want to make it appear to be too expensive either because that will to some extent discourage some people from buying. i seriously doubt i will pay a $200 for an LE game personally (from the $50 regular version), not matter how much i like the game.

it’s kinda my fault for not putting the approx price increase up which is probably why i see ridiculous (as in highly unfeasible) and expensive requests. i guess i should start another thread on what you guys are hoping to see in LE and i will just make up the price range (i think i will just use $10 because ag3 is the first one to mention it and oh what the heck…)

Well, the 4 cards for $10 was just to illustrate how much I think 4 cards AREN’T worth. I mean, I got more than 4 cards with Little My Maid, and I didn’t pay extra for it.

I’d be willing to pay $20 extra for a limited edition (provided it has nice extras), or maybe $40-50 if the bonus was REALLY nice (and the game was too, of course).

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 01-23-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
.....come on guys, a life size pillowcase costs alot to make, and not everybody can afford to put that kind of thing in their bedroom if they have someone else living with them (dark_shiki comes to mind).

Ha, my fussiness is becoming infamous, isn't it. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] Actually, I wouldn't mind if the graphic on the pillowcase didn't show nudity or some sort of compromising situation, as AG3 put it. I don't mind being considered weird for having an anime pillowcase. I just don't want people to think I'm a pervert. Note that I've never seen a pillowcase that's handed out with these games, so I don't know what the norm is in terms of "tastefulness."

Pillowcases don’t have to contain nudity, you know, Lamuness. Girls can have clothes too.

Then let’s have a pillowcase with removable clothes! (or maybe reversible cover?) YAY!

The shipping cost (to Europe) would suck big-time though, and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the postal service managed to destroy or “misplace” it.

I want a full sized semi-nude Chii pillow too… Or maybe Kyoko from Crescendo, or Mayu from Little My Maid, or rants forever