Princess Maker series

Out of curiousity, will anyone in the Bishoujo Market EVER translate any of the Princess Maker games? I personally love the series, and even had to buy the Limited Edition PC version of Princess Maker 4 from Korea, because… well… it’ll never come to the States, or so I am told. Peter, if you are reading this, which I hope so… please… PLEASE translate a few games from the Princess Maker series! That is all…
Regards,
Nicole Wagner: The Deadly Gambit

------------------
“Tanoshii-yo!!”

obMeToo!

Although that’s part of why I’m making my own… (waves nicole over to http://www.hanakogames.com/kwall.jpg - a wallpaper for Kishi Kawaii, in development now!)

There was a petition about this.

papillon, that’s great artwork, there.

Yeah, it’s not mine, it’s a commission. I continue to improve, but I try to get some other people in on things when I can.

I must say this, after playing Princess Maker 4, it reminds me of a Bishoujo Game, all the characters talk during scenes and events (The father that you play has no voice), it only has 35 different endings this time around, and it’s much more of a challange than before! I enjoy the challange and the renewed difficulty of the game! This game should be translated for the English market! Just the challange, simulation, and the fact it’s now more like a Bishoujo Game, I think it would sell well. But this is just my opinion. :slight_smile:
Regards,
Nicole Wagner: The Deadly Gambit

------------------
“Tanoshii-yo!!”

The strange thing is if this game ever DOES get translated I have the weird feeling that it’ll be Hirameki that does the translating…

I’d love to work with Gainax, if we can find the time when we get our current projects done. Since it’s not really adult though, there’s a good chance they might not want to work with us on those grounds. This is what shot us down with Little Witch Parfait…

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
I'd love to work with Gainax, if we can find the time when we get our current projects done. Since it's not really adult though, there's a good chance they might not want to work with us on those grounds. This is what shot us down with Little Witch Parfait...

It never hurts to try, Mr. Payne. I think if they realized that many fans have been dreaming of getting this game into the States and in English, they might consider it. ^^

Regards,

Nicole Wagner

------------------
"Tanoshii-yo!!"

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
I'd love to work with Gainax, if we can find the time when we get our current projects done. Since it's not really adult though, there's a good chance they might not want to work with us on those grounds. This is what shot us down with Little Witch Parfait...
I agree it doesn't hurt to try.

I think you're real test may be if they've sold all translation rights as opposed to just asian translation rights. There is a good enough market for this, probably the only one of the fre untapped markets left without commerical product in anime US market.

They might shoot you down, but they'd be shooting themslevs also. The PM fanbase is quite strong in NA and many are willing to purchase english copies.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 09-30-2005).]

And besides, it’s Japanese, too. Bah, I’m tired of simulations like “The Sims”, etc, we need something like Princess Maker indeed, something refreshing…I’ve only played the second (the English Beta) but I would like to see the games translated into English. However, strangely enough, I think it might do…it isn’t unheard of, it has a fairly good chance…

P.S: Nice picture too, Papillion

[This message has been edited by Ksim3000 (edited 10-02-2005).]

Yeah, i’d love to see some Jap Sim game translated, too. The PMS looks really cool and more non-adult bgames surely will help the genre to become more popular.

By the way, i was thinking… Hirameki certainly did a great move bringing a bgame based in a popular anime show, namely, AI YORI AOSHI. Now all the AYA-fans (me included ) can play the game and know what bgame is about (if they don’t know already).

So, what if someone bring and release a translated version of a PMS-like bgame based in a EVEN MORE popular TV anime series from GAINAX, too? More precisely, the bgame raising-simulation for PC NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: AYANAMI IKUSEI KEIKAKU (also called AYANAMI RAISING). That, or the PS2 version featuring Asuka, too.

Surely that will bring more and more anime fans to the bgame genre.

I was thinking that Peach Princess could do a joined effort to bring over a Princess Maker game. Peach Princess would handle the relations and the translation, and Hirameki would publish the game.

That would do away with the “Peach Princess is adult” problem.

It may work. Or they could pool resouces to translate it. There is tons of text in those games, more than most rpgs, atleast starting with pm3 there was and I’m thinking they;d likely try for pm4 if possible.

As for NGE: Ayanami Ikusei Keiaku, I wouldn’t press my luck with that just yet. That’s a core series of there’s (well PM is to an extent, but not as much as Eva) and they might turn them off to get the rights to that if they didn’t want it. Then again the cost to purchase the enligh rights to that would also likely be much higher. Hirameki might have a slightly better time having already published another popular, abliet not quite so popular, title Ai Yori Aoishi, basically I’m thinking here about the reputation the company brings and how likely they are to keep things kosher. Who knows for sure though except the execs at Gainax.

Either way I also would like to see that game released here in English…

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 10-03-2005).]

deleted.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 10-03-2005).]

I’d preorder it if it happens…

quote:
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain:
I'd preorder it if it happens...
I'm sure people here wouldn't be the only ones.

i’ve already decided if i ever win the lottery, i will open my own bishoujo company and Princess Maker is the first series I want!

according to the review of one of these (I think it was the 2nd game, but not sure), on somethingawful.com, you can force feed your princess breast enhancing pills and lock her in her room to starve her if she’s too fat? So basically…her very fate is at the mercy of your fickle hands? Each day, she lives or dies, depending on your current mood?

If you so desire it, her life can come crashing down around her, leaving her a quivering pathetic shell of her former shelf, laying quietly in her dark room, awaiting her eventual demise? All for your personal amusement? …I SOOOO want this game! Whenever I play sims, no matter what I tell myself going in, I ALWAYS eventually wind up doing the same thing…Playing the role of a cruel and heartless god, who delights in destroying all things good and joyful in my sim’s lives. I like to torture them untill they have lost everything, then and ONLY then, do I grant the sweet release of oblivion.

quote:
Originally posted by GQ:
(history)

Yes, most of us are aware of that.

At least in PM2, while you can kill your daughter, ISTR it takes a lot of time and effort to manage it.

You aren’t allowed to not feed her at all, only to feed her very little. It’ll take time for this to catch up with her.

You can get a ‘game over’ very fast in Kishi Kawaii if you pick a starting character with low health and keep her sleep deprived until she snaps…

They’re not much fun to torture, though, they don’t react enough. Scaring the daylights out of the Norns in Creatures 3 by setting a volcano off under them, then throwing them off cliffs and watching them limp around in pain… er, I didn’t admit to that, really!