Princess Waltz: THE THREAD

I thought the initial battle with Angela was tough–I don’t think most people encountering the system for the first time will win that battle in normal mode on their first try (unless they go strategy hunting on the web). After that, the challenge for me was finishing every battle in 5 turns or less (for the max turn XP bonus), finishing off foes with the most powerful blow possible (for the overkill XP bonus), and trying to take minimal or no damage while facing non-boss enemies. Lots and lots of reloading involved there…

So really, difficulty is all in the goals you set for yourself. But yeah, the difficulty curve for the game–in terms of how easy it is to finish battles without dying–definitely curved down rather than straight or up, as it’s traditionally supposed to. The battles with princesses were certainly the most challenging encounters–I wouldn’t have minded seeing more of these. It would have been fun to “take a side” in the battles between princesses that Iris wasn’t involved in, perhaps allowing for minor alterations in the storyline.

Not really, You only need to be slightly ahead of them in agi, have similar stats, evenly dispersed card skills, and you can almost always use 1 less card and still win initiative because of the color advantage stuff. Went with quite a bit of agi, and most fights lasted less than 4 turns. Having that extra card in the attack phase will do a LOT more damage than a point or 2 of weapon skill.

I almost always lost initiative using that strategy when the enemy employed 3 cards of the same color. That was the hang that tended to mess up my finishing blows when I didn’t use Feint.

[spoiler]Just finished the game with Angela, and I have to say it’s a pretty good game overall. Art and music are at incredibly good levels, and the story is compelling enough.

But I have to say that the lack of choices left me somehow unsatisfied. Moreover, not being a particular fan of Chris (I don’t dislike her, it’s just that I prefer other characters), I have probably felt the boundaries of the single road more than those who actually liked the “Prince”.

The first two ero scenes with Chris are not particularly good, either. The first one in particular was ridicolous, so awkward and stupid that I wonder why they even put it in the game in the first place. I liked the one with Angela, though, so I have good hopes for the ones I still have to see.

The card game was good enough. Nothing extraordinary, and I would have surely liked an hard mode (no enemy managed to even hit me for the whole game, except for Angela once), but it sure was something more than your usual VN.

In the end, Princess Waltz is probably the best eroge I have played so far. It could have been better, but I guess you can’t make everyone happy with every single choice. One thing is sure, though. We need more Pulltop games :mrgreen:[/spoiler]

Man the ending is a bit off a let down and its not the fact that its a good ending its simply because it doesn’t, have any impact .

Chris is just a lazy main “heroine” being a reverse haft sister(its strange yes and its even worse the way its done here ) and that thing of “getting it on” with the other girls and at the same time saying that Chris is the only one hell that simply doesn’t, make any sense(its forcing the sex scenes and then not altering the story accordingly) .

In conclusion this game is more “fireworks” than a real good story if you want a nice plot with Real involving characters well wait for FAMILY PROJECT now that’s a good eroge. Princess Waltz simply fells like a big budget film nice decors, fantastic effects put no real story .

I like the game so far … It is the best game I have played so far … ummm No Banana’s No good comments.
Is it me, or am I the only one with a machine the battles crash on?

Hmm, exploring the games files i’v found something interesting regarding the cg’s.
Based on how they are numbered in the files, it appears as though their was planned to be more than what there is.

I’ve extracted them all, and I’m exploring the numbers currently.

Going into spoilers here:

[spoiler]In the game files they are numbered in the order ‘CG27_14.bmp’
the first number, is the number of the CG in the games files, the second number is the variation number.

Angela’s sex scene variation goes 1-5, then skips to 10-14
Liesel’s sex scene variation goes 1-7, then skips to 13-18, Then skips to 20, then skips to 30, then skips to 37, then skips to 39-40
Beast princess’s is all there

It goes on like that, i’v found missing numbers in Liliana’s and Chris’.
I love how they at one stage planned to give Liesel 40 variation images to her sex scene…[/spoiler]

Anyone else find the first battle with Liesel (SP? blacksmith princess) to be INSANELY hard? Like, the only way I was able to win, was to somehow live long enough to charge a card up to like 24, some how win initiative without using it, and 1 shot her with overdrive + the 24 card lol, was intense.

Response to Unkind:

I thought the battles with Angela and Liesel were the hardest in the game. Feint was a key skill for me in both battles because it allowed me win initiative with 1 card, enabling me to attack with 4 cards of the same color (huge elemental bonus). Overdrive or a color boosting attack skill then pretty much guarantee a deathblow.

@woodelf: The first battle I got into bugged graphically–I couldn’t see the battle interface at all, just weird squares. I closed the game and reopened it and didn’t encounter the problem again.

Click on game …
Watch the activate game screen un-pop up for 1 second after I enter the activation code.
Watch the mouse turn into hourglass … pull plug on the computer since the game has locked up after 10 minutes
Switch to 1024x780? and play game as a window . Watch the machine reboot after about round 7 or 8 in battle mode…

Very interesting observation. It would seem that Pulltop originally had the idea of going for full routes for each princess, but for some reason they stopped. Shame really, I think the princesses having actual routes could of greatly improved the game.

hey, this happens to me (not the rebooting) but the game does stop responding when i open it in fullscreen mode. What I have to do is ctrl alt delete, and cancel one of the 2 prwaltz.exe’s that are going for some reason. Then It un-halts, and im able to tab into the game (in fullscreen mode) dunno whats going on but it works for me every time. Good luck.

Well of course especially when the end result seems to be incomplete like I said its stupid to give the choice to have sex scenes with a certain princess and then she is simply put aside for a lame ending(I hate CHRIS she\he simply isn`t a compeling main love interest especially when compared with the princesses ) .
The 2 chapter is a mess its if its got only one main path do it right or else the game is a failure.
In my view at a certain point of development they lost control of how big this thing was ,and so to cut it down they choose to have only one ending\main path .

I’ve already mentioned before that that problem is caused by the DRM.

Detailed list incoming:
Includes spoilers to images

CG12, Variations 1-4 are there, then it skips to 9-12. These are the variations of Angela’s Charge.
CG13, Variations 1-2 are there, then it skips to 4-11. These are Chris and Arata’s hands reaching to each other.
CG14, Variations 1-2 are there, then it skips to 5-6, then it skips to 8. These are Lun-Luns water attacks.
CG15, Variations 1-6 are there, then it skips to 8-11. These are Suzushiro’s Gravity attacks.
CG17, Variations 1-2 are there, then it skips to 4, then it skips to 6-12. These are the variations of the Eldi Arc.
CG22, Variations 1-2 are there, then it skips to 4-7. These are Iris’ face in the sunset/sword reflection.
CG23, Variations 1-3 are there, then it skips to 5-17, then it skips to 22, then it skips to 24. These are Chris’ sex scene in class.
CG24, Variations 1 is there, then it skips to 4-6, then it skips to 9-10, then it skips to 15-16, then it skips to 18-20, then it skips to 43, then it skips to 45, then it skips to 48-49, then it skips to 54, then it skips to 56, then it skips to 72-77! These are part of Suzushiro’s sex scene.
CG25, Variations 1 is there, then it skips to 3, then it skips to 7, then it skips to 9, then it skips to 11, then it skips to 13, then it skips to 15, then it skips to 17, then it skips to 19, then it skips to 21, then it skips to 23, then it skips to 29-31, then it skips to 33, then it skips to 35, then it skips to 41, then it skips to 43, then it skips to 45, then it skips to 54, then it skips to 57, then it skips to 59-60, then it skips to 63, then it skips to 65, then it skips to 71, then it skips to 74-75, then it skips to 85-87! These are part of Chris’ sex scene in Arata’s room.
CG27, Variations 1-5 are there, then it skips to 10-14. These are part of Angela’s sex scene.
CG28, Variations 1-7 are there, then it skips to 13-18, then it skips to 20, then it skips to 30, then it skips to 37, then it skips to 39-40. These are part of Liesels sex scene.
CG29, Variations 1-3 are there, then it skips to 5, then it skips to 10, then it skips to 13-14, then it skips to 16-20, then it skips to 26. These are part of Lun-Luns sex scene.
CG30, Variations 1-4 are there, then it skips to 6, then it skips to 8-11, then it skips to 16. These are the Chris in the bath scenes.

I’ll do the final 30 when i find time.

But with how much is missing in regards to variations, it does imply that their were to be more routes for the princess’.

It appears that if you beat the game with all six princesses you unlock something.
Does anyone know what that is ?

An after story, occurring 3 months after the ending. It ties up some loose ends.

Well after downloading a new S3 driver I can get the game to go fullscreen.
Reads above spoiler, I 'll be happy to get something other than the lame ending?

Well pretty much it’s just to clear up a few questions on Nodoka i’v been told. I still have Suzuhiro to go before i see it.

okay, i got “bad end” without making any choices whatsoever lol, wtf.

edit: NVM, that’s just a really weird way to go to the next chapter i guess (…)