Princess Waltz: THE THREAD

i don’t have the game to patch

Are the wildfires in California potentially delaying the release?

I don’t think that’s the case. The last time fires disrupted things, we were told about it, so I would think if that’s the case this time, we would have heard by now.

It’s mid-november. Lots of people are releasing discs now, for the holidays. PP is not one of the disc pressing plant’s “big customers”. Also, the Thanksgiving holiday is coming up, meaning the plant is going to have people on vacation, etc.

I expect the game to be ready sometime this week.

that’s being optimistic, I don’t think we’ll see it until after thanksgiving.

i hope it isn’t that late

Well Shingo did say “end of november”.

"Click* Click Click

Alt+Tab

Aw… nothing new?

Switch back to the FSN window

Click Click Click

Just another day after work…

Should be arriving soon! I’m getting pumped!

so you got your now shipping email

Ha, I wish.

They need to hurry the heck up with the download edition. It’s just so much easier that way.

Were you not paying attention to what Shingo said?

Besides all that, do you really think they would let down all of us who pre-ordered (and thus, provide income while they’re between games) by letting you have access to the game while we wait for shipping?

But they don’t make any income off preorders until the game ships.

Whoops, I completely spaced out there. I had forgotten that you aren’t charged until the game ships. In any case, the first part of the post still is still applicable. That is to say, we haven’t heard any word that Will has given a green light to having a download version.

Yes, it’d be nice to know if there will be one. I sure hope so.
Not that it matters to me since I just noticed the free shipping thing and went ahead and ordered a physical copy instead, wee.

Well at least u guys get the goods a few days after release xD I’ve pre-ordered ages ago but being in Aus means i usually have to wait a month before it gets to me…(Note to self: avoid all PW threads before game arrives xD)

Well, hopefully people keep in mind to use spoilers, as well as putting it in their post topic if their post contains any.

Pre-orders help Peach Princess. That’s what we are told. I presume they have some formula where 1 pre-order means they should order 5 units of the game to be printed.

If they charged us before hand, that would be helpful to the company to fund them through making the game. However, when they have games delayed for multiple years or cancelled, that could cause some issues with how to get the refund back to the customer. Plus, they may have to adjust the price (up or down) for release. That could make all sorts of difficulties as well.

Now, if Peach Princess really wanted to earn the Grade Super++++++++++, they’d let us download the game WHILE it is being shipped to us. Be very nice feature for our Ozzie friends. Then digital or hard copy, everyone could play the newest release. No favortism for us hard-copy guys. :wink: Something for the future, I suppose?

That’s an interesting way of looking at this. Generally just about every commercial agreement out there (the one you see during installs) state that you are “granted” a license to the game, which gives you the legal right to play the game.

Now, if you want to get into the legality of things here, if you bought the disc version then you bought a “license” – the disc version is just data on a physical piece of plastic --, so technically you should be allowed to download it as well while your game is in transit, they aren’t really losing anything this way either, and bandwidth for downloads is dirt cheap, and offering a digital copy means they aren’t losing money either since digital data can be replicated infinitely.

If I was in a position of making choices in a company, and faced with such a decision, I’d probably allow those who pre-ordered to do such a thing you suggested. Honestly, I’d recommend PP to consider such a prospect for those who pre-order at least. I wouldn’t mind paying an extra dollar or two to help bandwidth costs if it’s really needed. This would help those outside of the country quite a bit. No one likes to wait weeks for something, only to see other members saying “I finished the game” or “that was amazing”.

While you can argue those who can’t wait should just buy the download version, some people like me would like such an option, while still getting the preferred physical copy for actually having something in possession in event that a company goes under.