Princess Waltz: THE THREAD

i am glad i got the art book for monster and character stats

At first, there was some hints of mahou shoujo element in the game, but it seems that PW’s mahou shoujo element is nowhere close to Happiness!, shrug :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, TRSI has a 30% off nearly everything sale right now, so it’s a good time to order some eroge. :smiley: However, from past experiences, they do tend to take a while to get the games in stock.

There are definitely some strong mahou shoujo themes in Princess Waltz - all of the princesses have “transformation scenes”, for example - but it varies from character to character and they’re not nearly as pronounced as some other titles that are built specifically around the concept.

One fun mahou shoujo homage is that two of the princesses have mascot characters who get considerable screen time, hidden for mild spoilers:

Lun Lun has a whale called Shachi who follows her around and speaks in nothing but “blubs”, and Angela has a dragonkin retainer named Glen who takes himself quite seriously, but ends up sidelined due to an unfortunate transformation error en route to Earth.

Their interaction makes for some of the funnier moments in the game. ^^

from the artbook
the cast is huge besides the 5 main girls + iris
there are tons more

I still can’t shake off the feeling that Iris resembles Saber from FSN a lot, especially after playing FSN.

Email i just got from Playasia

Purchases made via our wholesale clients at the time of game release will experience a slight lag in delivery over those made directly from a JAST USA partner (the JAST USA store, J-List, Peach Princess, or G-Collections), because we ship both wholesale orders and direct pre-orders from our warehouse within the same time frame.

I’ve just confirmed that some orders did begin shipping on Wednesday prior to the Thanksgiving holiday, so those in the continental US can expect them to arrive some time next week.

As a side note, we are currently setting up download availability for Princess Waltz and plan to have the game available online within the next 10 days.

Yay it’s done :slight_smile:

Are you going to change the thread ‘Upcoming Releases - Updated October 23th, 2008’
To show that it’s out?
I’m also interested in knowing if Family project is out of the ‘- pre-compile script revision’ stage

Thanks for the reminder, the post has been updated. More information on near term game plans will be coming early next week, so please save your non-Princess Waltz questions until then (if you have any). ^^

now it looks like cosplay fetish is next after princess waltz that is suprising

You mean ‘Cat Girl Alliance’?

Hopefully Cat Girl Alliance is out before Christmas, I’m interested in buying that one.

I can see Family project going into next year,
Princess Waltz was the big title for this year,
Family Project is there next big title which seems to be left for next year.

And the fact that More information is coming next week has me very interested…
Any hint of the date? or else i’m gonna be checking back every hour, haha

cough

My original edit was misinformed, the current version should be the correct one. That said, we don’t have plans entirely confirmed yet. Keep an eye out next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Grrrrr!!!

i got confused

I’m mad that Family Project was supplanted.

isn’t family project a big game
at least longer than cat girl

As far as i know, it’s like double the size of cat girl.

Which is why cat girl is finishing first i think.Either that, or the company for cat girl is easier to work with.

So long as Family Project is released within the next couple months, I don’t think it really matters if CGA is going to get finished before then. It’s a shorter game, so it’s to be expected, though considering it jumped two titles in the list, I’m taking a guess that it’s -much- shorter. I wont say I’m not disappointed, however.

At any rate… Seeing as this is the official thread for Princess Waltz… I’d normally make an effort to stay on topic here, but I can’t think of any decent questions that haven’t already been asked and answered that I’d care about. So… Sorry for going off topic.

so anyone got there copy yet