Question about X-Change series

Hi, just a question about the X-change series: do you have to play the games in order or it doesnt matter which you play first? I played Ying-Yang X-Change Alternative and loved it, but I don’t feel like playing X-change 1, because it has no voices and the graphics look too old. But I’d like to play X-Change 3, and maybe 2.

One more question: Was there any scenes that were removed from X-Change 2 and Ying Yang, just like I heard with X-Change 3? And I was wondering if there’s a patch to get the missing CGs in X-Change 3.

Thanks, and any other good games anyone can recommend? Games I played so far:

Brave Soul - Excellent
Cresendo - Excellent
Figures of happiness - Excellent
Ying-Yang - Excellent
Heart de roomate - Good
Snow Drop - Good
Yume miru kusuri - Average
Kana - Boring
Lets Meow Meow - Boring
Critical Point - Boring

First time since 2004 I’ve heard someone here describe Kana as “boring”, it was really time :stuck_out_tongue: .

And for your game sessions, try this, IT’S GOOD, in MY opinion (besides, it’s fairly cheap).

Yeah, I know Kana is a really popular game, but I didnt like it for some reason. They story seemed ok, but I didnt like how the characters were drawn, and it lacked voices too, so I got bored of it fast. I’ll probably give the remake a try though, since the character design is way better, and there’s voices too. I wonder if G-Collections has any plans on translating it?
http://www.cd-bros.co.jp/takayashiki/soft/kana/index.htm
http://pages.prodigy.net/kana/xbox/

Thanks, yeah I was thinking of buying Pretty Soldier Wars, it looks nice. its a shame it got such a low score though, but yeah sounds like my type of game.

I haven’t heard a shred of news about the XBOX port since June 2005.

XBOX version got cancelled, there’s only a PC version, which is already out in Japan.

Anyway about X-Change, can I play 2 or 3 without having to play 1, or there are important story elements that I need to see in the first game before playing the others?

you do not really need to play the previous xc games (although it would be nice if you do), as the game always start with a brief recap of what happened before to get you familiar with the setting

i think you will be just fine by skipping xc1 and play 2 and 3 for the most part (other than one girl, asami senpai, who has an active appearance in 1 and 3 but only a very brief cameo appearance in 2)…skipping xc2 and playing just xc3 might not be a good idea though IMHO

Thanks for answering my question, I will deffinitively play 2 and 3. As for 1, no offense, but it seems a bit too outdated. I’ll probably wait and get the remake instead, just like for Kana.

[ 08-28-2007, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: [Indy]Muaddib ]

You’re not missing much if you skip 1. Really, you aren’t. It’s short, easy, and has no VA.

However, beware. Most of the games you listed as being good are not like XChange. Yin/yang isn’t really like the XChange series! XChange is much too kichiku for my tastes (the games apparently think rape is supposed to be funny). XC2 in particular features a considerable amount of unskippable rape scenes. [I have not played 3, but hear it is better at that.]

[ 08-28-2007, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Nandemonai ]

i think if he can stand kyoka’s story in yinyang then i think he can survive through the scenes in question mentioned by nandemonai, but that’s just my opinion

Because their is Chisoto and the romancable Evangelion girl rip-offs.

Hmm… I must have missed that one. I’ll have to look into it. I couldn’t play through XC3. It just kept crashing at the most inopportune times. Maybe I should dust it off again?

It just kept crashing at the most inopportune times.

Bad tires?

Lol j/k

if you are running dual core or HT for your computer, you might want to turn off one of your CPUs when playing the game as it will reduce the chance of crashing. methods of such should be written in the manual so please refer to it.

Uhm, the little piece of paper that it comes with only tells me how to enable Japanese language support… in Windows XP… which I don’t use. I can’t seem to find the section that tells me how to disable three of my four CPU cores. Is that in the readme maybe?

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi/1487/70?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001036#000002

hope this helps

As for other recommendations, you should get the other translated Angel Smile game, Private Nurse. The two AngelSmile titles you listed are Figures of Happiness and Heart de Roommate, and you liked both of those.

Also another RPG was just released, Pretty Soldier Wars (you listed Brave Soul as excellent).

I would also add Tokimeki Checkin!, it’s pretty funny.

I liked Yin-Yang a lot, and some other great games you should try are Divi-Dead and definately go for Tokimeki Checkin! It’s the first Peach Princess game I played, and it’s really well done. Divi-Dead is a little harder to find these days, but I pulled out my old copy, and it works fine on XP.

It’s funny because the one getting raped is a man in a women’s body. lol

also i beleive the scene when you get have sex with the nurse is only in part 1…

(that’s the only thing i missed)

[ 09-04-2007, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Master X ]

The nurse does show up on the subway in XC3 for a bit of fun.

remembers

I actually didn’t think she was the nurse at that time.