Quick first look at Kango 2

is Kango 2 really so simple as you just choose the girl you want from a list and there you go??? if so, then i really don’t want the title…i like at least SOME strategy and a possibility of failing…gives a sense of satisfaction when you win the girl you want

Kango 1 was pretty easy but at least there was a CHANCE you could screw up

There are good and bad endings with each char…(sort of)(even the bad are somewhat “ok”) how ever getting the char path is as simple as 3 clicks… (u could accidently mis-click)

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 07-05-2003).]

I played through Kango 2 and it was pretty easy. (Be Nice!) Liked Maria and Eleana’s paths the best. Graphics were excellent. Basic Story elements were a rehash of Kango. (Kaede being a nurse so Shinobu becomes a Doctor, versus Maria being a Nun so Eiji becomes a Priest and the Momiji / Akira , Nanana / Hibari parallels.) Other than that it’s a decent game.

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
There are good and bad endings with each char...(sort of)(even the bad are somewhat "ok") how ever getting the char path is as simple as 3 clicks... (u could accidently mis-click)

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 07-05-2003).]

bad endings for each character? I haven't tried going for the bad character endings yet. Didn't realize they exist. :/

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Sort of. It's like the story about the axe that your family has had for awhile. It's the "family axe" but it's on it's third head and tenth handle. My computer started out as 486SX 66Mhz way back when. I've slowly upgraded parts as they either failed or I got a good deal on them. (Come to think of it, I belive the keyboard and floppy drives are still the originals I had from the start.) So throughout it's various incarnations, I've reused parts over and over and the system has picked up a few quirks because of it. I'm just too lazy to wipe the system clean and restart from scratch... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Not sure how long Gamefaqs takes. I mean, some games I don't see listed until a month or two after their release, others are listed prior to their release.

My sense of the gamefaqs updates is that the requests/submissions are processed in order. when I submitted mine, the backlog was at 500+. So it'll be quite a while before CJayC gets to mine (unless someone else submitted XC2 and Kango2 requests before I did).

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
I played through Kango 2 and it was pretty easy. (Be Nice!) Liked Maria and Eleana's paths the best. Graphics were excellent. Basic Story elements were a rehash of Kango. (Kaede being a nurse so Shinobu becomes a Doctor, versus Maria being a Nun so Eiji becomes a Priest and the Momiji / Akira , Nanana / Hibari parallels.) Other than that it's a decent game.

definitely, the parallels are there. still, the storylines are interesting. And nothwithstanding the frequent crashes on my computer, it's fairly well polished. *sigh*

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
is Kango 2 really so simple as you just choose the girl you want from a list and there you go??? if so, then i really don't want the title...i like at least SOME strategy and a possibility of failing....gives a sense of satisfaction when you win the girl you want

Kango 1 was pretty easy but at least there was a CHANCE you could screw up

I don't think it's that simple with the character selections. There are 3 selections. If you choose a different character for each selection, then you will get a general bad ending. You can tell which character route you're headed after On-the-job-training 1 part; you end up having an "encounter" with that character for the first time after this part.

I haven't tried selecting the same character twice yet, and see what happens.

btw, did anyone get to the harem route yet?

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

There is this part where you get to choose between a “pure relationship” or go for Maria. The hint sez either would take you to the harem route.

Guess what?

the hint is W-R-O-N-G.

If you choose a pure relationship, you will NOT open the harem route!!! unfortunately, I replayed from the beginning 3x before realizing that this hint was wrong (I had chose pure relationship).

Whoever game edited Kango 2 for the American release should be reprimanded. grrrrrr

naw… if thats the only screw up… i say who cares… dont worry about it… JUST KEEP EM COMING! (the games i mean)

Another reason to avoid the hint system. Then again, I don’t think it was really necessary in the first place.

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
is Kango 2 really so simple as you just choose the girl you want from a list and there you go??? if so, then i really don’t want the title…i like at least SOME strategy and a possibility of failing…gives a sense of satisfaction when you win the girl you want

Well, as Ecchifan-san pointed out, it’s not completely simple. But I do feel it was simpler than the original. And there are a few spots where I felt the choice selection was slightly counter-intuitive, so you could fail to get a scene or two, but to go after any particular girl isn’t that difficult.

quote:
Another reason to avoid the hint system. Then again, I don't think it was really necessary in the first place.

Well, as Ecchifan-san pointed out, it's not completely simple. But I do feel it was simpler than the original. And there are a few spots where I felt the choice selection was slightly counter-intuitive, so you could fail to get a scene or two, but to go after any particular girl isn't that difficult.

...simpler than the original? I'd almost be willing to swear that's not possible...I thought it was impossible to avoid getting SOMEbody in the first one?

Would the original poster, or someone else who has played this game, be willing to write up a review for our J-Mate site (http://www.jmate.com)?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
...simpler than the original? I'd almost be willing to swear that's not possible...I thought it was impossible to avoid getting SOMEbody in the first one?

In the first game, if you weren't using the hint system, it was possible to miss getting anyone. Especially in the early playthrough, when you don't know the characters as well and it's a little hard to just guess which girl will be in which place. I mean, you can guess that Emi will generally be in the chapel but you have a harder time figuring out if the classroom choice will lead to Nanana's path or Chisa's path. In the sequel, since it's a character based choice not a location based one, it's almost impossible to screw up getting on to a particular girl's path.

Of course that doesn’t mean you can’t screw up the choices once you get into the chars path :stuck_out_tongue:

To Peter: I’m not good at writing reviews as people who has read my first looks threads can probably attest. But I’m sure we have quite a few good writers here that could do that.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Of course that doesn't mean you can't screw up the choices once you get into the chars path :P

That's true. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
I'm not good at writing reviews as people who has read my first looks threads can probably attest. But I'm sure we have quite a few good writers here that could do that.

Hmm, to me it's a little hard to tell since your "first look" posts aren't meant to be full reviews (As far as I know.) I know my writing style various a bit depending on the purpose of my writing and the intended audience.

Actually, considering how prolific some of the writers here are, I'm sure someone will submit a couple of reviews. I know I tend to write only when the mood hits me, and I'm already getting slapped around as it is... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:

Nope. It was pretty simple to avoid getting ANYbody in the first one.

quote:
Hmm, to me it's a little hard to tell since your "first look" posts aren't meant to be full reviews (As far as I know.) I know my writing style various a bit depending on the purpose of my writing and the intended audience.

Actually, considering how prolific some of the writers here are, I'm sure someone will submit a couple of reviews. I know I tend to write only when the mood hits me, and I'm already getting slapped around as it is... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

prolific indeed. Since gamefaqs probably won't get around to adding kango 2 to its games data list until next month at the earliest, I don't mind having my (already written) kango 2 review posted at jmate if Mr. Payne decides to accept my submission.

*sends submission to Mr. Payne*

I don’t see why he wouldn’t. Of the reviews of yours on GameFAQs that I’ve read, I thought they were well written and thought out.

sigh considering how close I came to walking into my bosses office and quiting, who knows, I may have extra free time to write a few more reviews myself…

quote:
I don't see why he wouldn't. Of the reviews of yours on GameFAQs that I've read, I thought they were well written and thought out.

*sigh* considering how close I came to walking into my bosses office and quiting, who knows, I may have extra free time to write a few more reviews myself... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Sounds like you need another vacation. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Nope. It was pretty simple to avoid getting ANYbody in the first one.

How?? I think I tried to just to see the bad ending, and failed at it.