Quickie Review of Cresendo

Well, for me, it mattered.
Order from Himeya and get the items in 3 or 4 days.
or order from G-collections and get the items in 2 - 3 weeks.

I had an obvious choice. The replies from G-collections were professional, but it wasn’t helpful. They told me to wait for a month and if the item didn’t arrive, they were going to resend the shipment.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
I don’t know, like I said, for me as long as they arrive that is what matters, sure I would like them there sooner then later, but with all the other stuff happening these days something arriving three weeks instead of one week just doesn’t matter to me because it actually arrived.

quote:
Originally posted by syre:
I finally got it yesterday, it took a mere 3 weeks from G-collections. I am not gonna order from G-collections again. Their shipping method sucks.

Anyway, it ate a whooping 970 MB, twice more than any other hentai game I've played.

The story was solid. I personally liked Yuka's story.

Where are you located syre? I usually get my copy 2-3 days after I order hence why Ekylo hates my guts [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] And actually that's probably the only reason I order from them as I could probably get a better price elsewhere.

Canada, shipments have a hardtime getting through Canada’s customs. In order to get around and reduce the time held in customs, I need to use express shipment.

quote:
Canada, shipments have a hardtime getting through Canada's customs. In order to get around and reduce the time held in customs, I need to use express shipment.

Don't you have to pay something extra too once it gets to your door? A family member who was in Canada for a while got ticked at customs there, not only do I pay a large fee to ship something to her but anything over 20 dollars or so and she has to pay extra to have it delivered.

It depends on which carrier was used.
I don’t need to pay tax if shipment is from Fedex. (Tax is included.)
If purolator is used, a tax bill will come a week later.

Government Postal shipment is a pain in XXX.
Not only if things go wrong, you have to pay to get it out of custom, you also pay tax later. It might take months in worst case to get your shipment.
And G-collections uses postal service.

quote:
Don’t you have to pay something extra too once it gets to your door? A family member who was in Canada for a while got ticked at customs there, not only do I pay a large fee to ship something to her but anything over 20 dollars or so and she has to pay extra to have it delivered.

[This message has been edited by syre (edited 11-06-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Where are you located syre? I usually get my copy 2-3 days after I order hence why Ekylo hates my guts [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] And actually that's probably the only reason I order from them as I could probably get a better price elsewhere.

Hey, at least I don't always hate your guts. Just for those few days when you're gushing about a game while I sit around waiting for my copy... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

It's sort of hard to predict at times how long it will take things to get from one place to another. I've actually had packages from Texas get to me faster than those coming from locations on-island. (One package took a whole week to travel the 5 mile distance...) Some routing just works better than others. Go with whichever one you feel serves you best.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Hey, at least I don't always hate your guts. Just for those few days when you're gushing about a game while I sit around waiting for my copy... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

It's sort of hard to predict at times how long it will take things to get from one place to another. I've actually had packages from Texas get to me faster than those coming from locations on-island. (One package took a whole week to travel the 5 mile distance...) Some routing just works better than others. Go with whichever one you feel serves you best.

The mail is always fun, just to test it out one year my neighbor sent a letter to herself from a local mailbox and her parents home (about 2,000 miles away) both over the summer and not a holiday, and the one from 2,000 miles away got to the address quicker.

I have found that with even just postal mail though the recipient pays the tax is that true?

quote:
[B]I finally got it yesterday, it took a mere 3 weeks from G-collections. I am not gonna order from G-collections again. Their shipping method sucks.

Hmmm, I got mine in like 3/4 days (ordered on the evening of the 2nd at around 10:00 PM, received it the 6th around Noon). *shrugs*

I love the game too! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] That's all I'll say for now. Still need to play through it a few more times as I wait for Brave Soul, but overall, other's were right... I do enjoy it.

I am waiting for Brave Soul as well. I am really waiting for it because I believe in “life is not complete without sex.”.

I’ve yet to play a RPG with sex included.
I’ve read on web that some people did not like how they added sex in Kana, but in my opinion, without the sex, Kana wouldn’t be complete.

quote:
I am waiting for Brave Soul as well. I am really waiting for it because I believe in "life is not complete without sex.".

I've yet to play a RPG with sex included.
I've read on web that some people did not like how they added sex in Kana, but in my opinion, without the sex, Kana wouldn't be complete.

There are some mixed opinions on the sex in Kana, some like me think if we could have first played the story without sex it might have had the same emotional impact, but at the same time it might add another tragic element to their relationship since they knew it would not last and had to move quickly.

As to Brave Soul, so far it seems only one of us has gotten a shipping notice and they pre-ordered back in Feburary. I ordered in late June or July and still no pre-order message, so not sure how many others have gotten one.

I’ve gotten the shipping notice and pre-ordered not so long ago. I requested to be shipped by EMS and have sent few mails asking the EMS tracking #, but Peter is yet to reply but since where he is in is a havoc right now…, I guess it’s understandable.

quote:
There are some mixed opinions on the sex in Kana, some like me think if we could have first played the story without sex it might have had the same emotional impact, but at the same time it might add another tragic element to their relationship since they knew it would not last and had to move quickly.

As to Brave Soul, so far it seems only one of us has gotten a shipping notice and they pre-ordered back in Feburary. I ordered in late June or July and still no pre-order message, so not sure how many others have gotten one.

quote:
I've gotten the shipping notice and pre-ordered not so long ago. I requested to be shipped by EMS and have sent few mails asking the EMS tracking #, but Peter is yet to reply but since where he is in is a havoc right now..., I guess it's understandable.

EMS is Expidited Mail Service? How good is that tracking?