Quickie Review of Cresendo

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
However, on that note of the system each level seems to have a different tie color to identify who belongs where, but does that tie color stay with the level or go with the class, for anyone that might know?

I believe that the tie color goes with the class and not the level. I remember in one of the flashbacks Kaho was a freshman and she was wearing the same tie color as she is now. Which kinda threw me off since in the beginning they said tie color signified your grade level. I just figured they got lazy or goofed and didn't change tie color.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
I believe that the tie color goes with the class and not the level. I remember in one of the flashbacks Kaho was a freshman and she was wearing the same tie color as she is now. Which kinda threw me off since in the beginning they said tie color signified your grade level. I just figured they got lazy or goofed and didn't change tie color.

That is what caused me to ask, as well Kaho having the same time color, one of the seniors in that flashback had a blue tie on but obviously that is not the senior tie color that Kaho is wearing, which is what confused me. I was not sure if it was a goof that lead to another one, or that the tie color moved with the people.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 11-04-2003).]

Yes, students usually carry the same color of tie, uniform or whatever throughout whole school year in Japan.

quote:
Originally posted by KOG:
Yes, students usually carry the same color of tie, uniform or whatever throughout whole school year in Japan.

But this is more then the school year, this is saying she wears say red freshmen, sophomore and senior year, or whatever the proper year designations are called. Is that normal? I understand wearing say red all through freshmen year, which is the whole school year or did I misunderstand?

quote:
But this is more then the school year, this is saying she wears say red freshmen, sophomore and senior year, or whatever the proper year designations are called. Is that normal? I understand wearing say red all through freshmen year, which is the whole school year or did I misunderstand?

I don't live in Japan or anything, but at my high school (a coed Catholic school; and yes, complete w/ uniforms), class colors were tied to a specific class (as in group of students) rather than to their seniority.

For example, my class color was yellow (ick) and on certain occasions, we would wear our standarized class shirts/dresses that sported the class color. The yellow theme continued whether or not we were freshmen, sophomore, junior, or senior. (much to our chagrin; yellow is hideous)

Well, I'm not saying that this is what is going on in the game, but this is just what occurred to me...

quote:
Originally posted by Smithy:
I don't live in Japan or anything, but at my high school (a coed Catholic school; and yes, complete w/ uniforms), class colors were tied to a specific class (as in group of students) rather than to their seniority.

For example, my class color was yellow (ick) and on certain occasions, we would wear our standarized class shirts/dresses that sported the class color. The yellow theme continued whether or not we were freshmen, sophomore, junior, or senior. (much to our chagrin; yellow is hideous)

Well, I'm not saying that this is what is going on in the game, but this is just what occurred to me...

That I guess would make the most sense, I have gone to a Quaker School and uniforms were no where present, I have never been cursed or blessed, depends on your take, with school uniforms so everything about them is a slight mystery to me.

quote:
When you have those theories done I would be interested in hearing them if you like to share them.

Depends if I ever finish them. Snow Drop is probably the only one I fully fleshed out my theories on the storyline, gameplay, themes, etc. because I was working on a detailed guide at the time. Most of the others, either RL, or a shiny new game, distracts me and it takes me awhile to go back to them. Maybe I'll take a long vacation one day and do them... (and those reviews I keep meaning to do [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] )

*SPOILERS*

quote:
Does one of your theories include why the tape was left where he could find it and was one of the songs she recorded despite it having been a long time since she was known to record anything on that piano? Part of the spirit/dream/ghost idea?

It's sort of working into the theme they presented of a person's work, in this case music, lasting long after the person themselves have gone. And I'm thinking more "spirit" than anything else or at least the power of a person's "last wish". "Ghost" isn't really the right term, she wasn't dead at the time and given some of the little things that happen on their dates, I don't think "dream" is exactly right either. Hmm, maybe after I get a little more sleep myself I'll be able to figure it out...

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 11-05-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Hmm, maybe after I get a little more sleep myself I'll be able to figure it out...
[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 11-05-2003).]

SPOILERS

Ghost is a poor word, but perhaps Astral Projection is more along the lines of what I was thinking of in terms of her form. Ghost is what a girl I know who is into ideas such as Astral Projection calls the 'Projection' form, I guess I got caught up listening to her phrasing and just used it. In the theories I know from that girl this form can at times be solid enough to touch but still have an ethereal quality to it.

SPOILER

Ah I see. But yeah, I was thinking sort of along those lines to. Usually I hear the projection form referred to as a person’s “spirit” or “soul” form. (There’s a couple of other terms, but I can’t think of them at the moment.) Hmm, I think the only time I heard it referred to as “ghost” was to describe someone’s who’s had their astral thread severed. (or whatever they call the link between the body and spirit while projecting.) Been awhile since I studied such things.

Times like this, I wish I could talk to the writers to find out what they intended or how close I came to identifying the hints and clues and if I interpreted them right. Oh well…

I finally got it yesterday, it took a mere 3 weeks from G-collections. I am not gonna order from G-collections again. Their shipping method sucks.

Anyway, it ate a whooping 970 MB, twice more than any other hentai game I’ve played.

The story was solid. I personally liked Yuka’s story.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
SPOILER

Times like this, I wish I could talk to the writers to find out what they intended or how close I came to identifying the hints and clues and if I interpreted them right. Oh well...

SPOILER

Well the girl I know is starting to learn these things and she is well, creative. When she does not grasp a conceptual concept in the terms defined she redefines the term herself to something that makes better sense for her, which perhaps makes her unique, and always amazes me at the success it brings her. However, that might be what she did here too, no clue.

She is also starting to practice a new religion for her and learning those terms so she might have confused something from that religious belief and Astral Projection terms. I will ask her next time I talk to her this weekend.

That is true it would be nice to ask the writers wahat they intended with this character and the almost dream/astral projection, whatever the meant it to be, sequence.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 11-06-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by syre:
I finally got it yesterday, it took a mere 3 weeks from G-collections. I am not gonna order from G-collections again. Their shipping method sucks.

Anyway, it ate a whooping 970 MB, twice more than any other hentai game I've played.

The story was solid. I personally liked Yuka's story.

I actually liked G-collections shipping, had no problem with them and the only complaint I would have is lack of notice of shipping, but right now that might be a rampid problem with many companies so I don't fault any of them.

My orders from Himeya took 3 days and it was from Japan.

G-collection goods came from America, yet it took 3 weeks (for my second item) and 2 weeks (for my first item).

quote:
I actually liked G-collections shipping, had no problem with them and the only complaint I would have is lack of notice of shipping, but right now that might be a rampid problem with many companies so I don’t fault any of them.

quote:
My orders from Himeya took 3 days and it was from Japan.

G-collection goods came from America, yet it took 3 weeks (for my second item) and 2 weeks (for my first item).

Keep in mind when you are ordering it too though, when everyone else is also ordering it, and many that probably stayed up and ordered it the second it was up for sale. That might push other orders back a little, basing how someone preforms on shipping a new game is not always a fair judgement of how they will ship other games.

The first item I ordered from G-collections was not a new game.

quote:
Keep in mind when you are ordering it too though, when everyone else is also ordering it, and many that probably stayed up and ordered it the second it was up for sale. That might push other orders back a little, basing how someone preforms on shipping a new game is not always a fair judgement of how they will ship other games.

quote:
The first item I ordered from G-collections was not a new game.

Ah, but they still were shipping the new games first perhaps that was their priority. Not a way to endear themselves to those not ordering a new game, but a way to endear themselves to ones that get the new game about a week from when it was ordered.

There was a time difference of about 2 weeks between the first and the second item I ordered.

When I was ordering Cresendo, I was giving them a second chance, or I hoped it’d work out, but it didn’t.

quote:
Ah, but they still were shipping the new games first perhaps that was their priority. Not a way to endear themselves to those not ordering a new game, but a way to endear themselves to ones that get the new game about a week from when it was ordered.

quote:
There was a time difference of about 2 weeks between the first and the second item I ordered.

When I was ordering Cresendo, I was giving them a second chance, or I hoped it'd work out, but it didn't.

Where they shipping from the area near the fires? That is another consideration, I would always give people enough rope to hang themselves and I personally think that is three to four times, so long as it arrives to start with that is, and is not missing.

The Cresendo may have something to do with fire, but my first order had nothing with do with the fire.
Anyway, two items in havoc were enough for me.

quote:
Where they shipping from the area near the fires? That is another consideration, I would always give people enough rope to hang themselves and I personally think that is three to four times, so long as it arrives to start with that is, and is not missing.

quote:
The Cresendo may have something to do with fire, but my first order had nothing with do with the fire.
Anyway, two items in havoc were enough for me.

I don't know, like I said, for me as long as they arrive that is what matters, sure I would like them there sooner then later, but with all the other stuff happening these days something arriving three weeks instead of one week just doesn't matter to me because it actually arrived.