Quotes You Like

Cool quotes are always fun to read. Have any that you’d like to share? :smiley:

“I’m an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls. And from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.” - Gabriel, The Prophecy

“Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He’s a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does he do, I swear for his own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, he sets the rules in opposition. It’s the goof of all time. Look, but don’t touch. Touch, but don’t taste. Taste, don’t swallow. Ahahaha. And while you’re jumping from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He’s laughing his sick, fucking ass off! He’s a tight-ass! He’s a sadist! He’s an absentee landlord. Worship that? Never!” - John Milton, The Devil’s Advocate

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.” - Jules, Pulp Fiction

“Oh, you ready to blow? Well I’m a mushroom-cloud-laying motherfucker, motherfucker! Everytime my fingers touch brain I’m Superfly TNT, I’m the Guns of the Navarone. In fact, what the fuck am I doing in the back? You’re the motherfucker who should be on brain detail! We’re fucking switching, I’m washing the windows and you’re picking up this nigger’s skull.” - Jules, Pulp Fiction

To be honest, any line from Pulp Fiction is Gold

“What is best in life?” “To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.” - Conan the Barbarian

Of course there’s the magnificent speech from Hellsingwhich is a spiritual imitation of General Paton’s badass speech:

I hope someone throws my corpse on the highway so that people can run over it until it disappears. ------- Nappa

a really cocky line…actually i have never heard of any profanity at that level in my entire life :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.aintitcool.com/?q=node/36425
“Alright cocksucker. Fuck with me and we’ll see who shits on the sidewalk!” So proclaims the highly-regarded actress Joan Allen in DEATH RACE

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” – Dune

<[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i’m going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

I love this quote :smiley: - it’s even better when seen in context.

get up
get on up
get up
get on up
<phxl|paper> and DANCE

• nmp3bot dances :D-<
  • nmp3bot dances :D|-<
  • nmp3bot dances :D/-<
    <[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i’m going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

And in the spirit of this thread, rather than post something profound :P, a few of my favourites from bash.org (although I think most people have seen these already):

IRC is just multiplayer notepad.

I broke my G-string while fingering a minor :frowning:

I was trying to play Knocking on Heaven’s Door.
Oh well, time to buy new strings.

Capitalization is the difference between “I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse…” and “I had to help my uncle jack off a horse…”

<@lysol> is tubgirl a republican?
lysol: yeah, she believes in the trickle down theory

I too love that quote. As for other quotes I enjoy, there are way to many for me to try and remember right now. I may post them here as I remember them. However, I’ll leave you guys with one I heard long ago, and have taken to heart. I don’t know where it’s from, or who originally said it; it’s probably a proverb of some sort. It is as follows: “Only dead fish follow the stream.”

???
– ???

???
???
– ???

???
– ???

???2???
???
???
???
???
???
– ???

“For me, the different religions are beautiful flowers from the same garden, or they are branches of the same majestic tree.
Therefore, they are equally true, though being received and interpreted through human instruments, equally imperfect.”
– Mahatma Gandhi

“Friends are people who see all the colours and feel all the textures in your personality and love you for the crazy quilt that is you. Friends help sew together a heart rent with sadness, bind a wound torn with pain, mend an ache and stitch it with comfort.”
– Emma Walters Downey

“Gratitude is merely the secret hope of further favours.”
– FranÁois de la Rochefoucauld

“It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful to miss it.”
– Mark Twain

“Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.”
– Walter Kerr

“America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization.”
– George Clemenceau

“What is love if not painful and tragic? It’s just boring.”
– Elaine Barlow

“The death of a beautiful woman is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world.”
– Edgar Allan Poe

Somewhere I have a video of the deleted scene from Sailor Moon R (Chibi-usa holding a gun to Usagi’s head, NOT broadcastable in the US) with the pink spore doing the ‘path of the righteous man’ speech. It is very funny. :slight_smile:

“Here lies the worlds best gambler…or here…or here” —(hungarian grave trio)

“IN FIVE SECONDS THE DEVILS GOING TO BE FUCKING YOUR ASS TONY!” —Sousa (Scarface:The World Is Yours)

"-Thrusters? -Check. -Shield? -Check -Weapons? -Check. -Picnic basket? -Err… Check. —GIANTS: Citizen Kabuto

“If you gotta go, you gotta go.” Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park

“you see …In this world they’re two kinds of people my friend.Thoses with a loaded gun and those who dig.You dig!” Blondie (Clint Eastwood) from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

“I hate 3D girls, but there is something I hate even more !!
That is, a 3D girl who uses stun guns !!”

The world god only knows

“with great power comes great responsibility” from Spider-man’s Uncle Ben quote.

“Your childhood ended the moment you knew you were going to die.” -Captain Howdy, Strangeland

excellent I too love the GTBaTU!! awesome quotes " All Warfare is based on deception " - Sun Tzu, The art of War " Is it better to be loved or feared? I tell you it is desirable to be both. Yet if forced to choose it is much safer for a prince to be feared than loved" - Nicchola Miachavelli

In honor of the upcoming holiday here in the US, I submit another one of my favorite quotes:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

“No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” H.L. Mencken

A Roman divorced from his wife, being highly blamed by his friends, who demanded, “Was she not chaste? Was she not fair? Was she not fruitful?” holding out his shoe, asked them whether it was not new and well made. “Yet,” added he, “none of you can tell where it pinches me.” – Plutarch

There’s never time to do it right, but there’s always time to do it over. – Meskimen’s Law

Lol i like this Thread. I post a New quote on my Myspace Bulletin Everyday. I don’t overly Favor some of them but i feel that they are Decent.

“You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories” -Stainslaw J. Lec

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. -Abraham Lincoln

Whatever Floats your Boat… But if your Boat Floats to close to mine… Ill Sink it. - my little twist

When you don’t share your problems, you resent hearing the problems of other people. -Chuck Palahniuk

hope you like them

I’m here to kick ass and chew gum and I’m all out of gum. (Changed it or its way off.)

What’s done is done.

Love come quick,
Love come in a hurry,
There are thieves in the
temple tonight

And my sig.