Rape games will be banned in Japan

They havne;nt been set, they aren’t enforced yet. All we have on them is leaks.

Also, they aren’t neccessarily permanent. They banned real incest in 1999, and quietly lifted the ban in 2004. (They may ban it again, but we still don’t have anything really clear on this besides a list on a single site.)

So, if things become less problematic, they may lighten or remove some of these restrictions.

It may work.

Well, that’s good news I guess. Hopefully they’ll remove the restrictions in 5 years after the current politicians are voted out.

While I am all for these efforts, and will do my part, there is one unfortunate fact that works against us: It seems that even as thousands of us enjoy these games, a large portion would not admit to it. It is kind of like how in the early portion of the gay rights movement, their efforts were kind of hurt because of how many were still in the closet.

Yea we need to explain why in this case there really is a slippery slope. We should come up with some explanations as to why they should see this as a bad thing so we have a clear and unified message. It’s the weekend, so we have a couple days to think about this before the next weekday comes around.

Nitroplus Partners with JAST for English Eroge
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/07/0 … ish-eroge/

This is a risky move imo. This could expand their market and revenue or it could attract more attention to eroge making more countries adopt similar restrictions. I’m not really a Nitro+ fan, they don’t seems to make any good hardcore games. But if Lilith, Liquid or Ail follows suit then I would definitely buy their English version game to support them.

Liquid is technically still with Mangagamer I’d imagine even through they removed all the releases from them. Lilith at one point had plans to start bringing games over but considering this was a few years ago and with the current turn of events who knows anymore.

Question is if Lilith can survive at all. If the currently proposed stupid changes will swarm over Japan, I doubt it…

Lilith would be tricky to fully kill off. They have their hands in a few things outside of just eroge. Even then they could adapt to the rules laid down but would the fans still buy it then?

Lilith are an incredibly versatile company. For a start, they belong to CSA, not the EOCS, and tougher CSA regulations have not yet been imposed (ignore Zepy, that was nothing more than pure speculation, and besides, Norn passes their games by the EOCS, not the CSA!) - furthermore, they sell their dlsite stuff through Maniax, and it does pretty well too! They could sell it whether they were part of the CSA or not! I find it hard to believe that something like this would end up killing Lilith off.

It looks like Akatsuki Works has also banned foreigners.

Good thing we still have getchu

could just use a proxy server etc, hell moon-stone suggest it ,c asue someoen wrote on there blog about ban they suggested several ways :slight_smile:

Finally some good news:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/07/0 … -loli-ban/

This may not have immediate effects, but come election time…

Probably most of those who voted are young people. We’ll just have to hope they go out and vote comes election time.

I suppose there’s a possibilty then for companies to o from EOCS to CSA… but things are probably not that easy…

That’s because Akatsuki is owned by Akabeesoft2. Didn’t really notice that item until a few days ago.

Isn’t this one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Denial of Twincest? Yea… the Faith of Two had prophesied if such days were to pass, we’re all fundamentally screwed.

Would the problem, in fact, be that we would NOT be screwed?

[duck]

TouchÈ. 8)

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/07/08/man-sharing-sexual-abuse-game-on-p2p-arrested/

Apparently, someone in Japan was arrested for sharing a modded (i.e. uncensored) version of Rapelay on a P2P network. Could this be related to the recent witchhunt?

It appears the charge is obscenity (since it is de-mosaiced), And not piracy.