Recommendations

Hi. I a newbee here. Looking for recommendations on what games to get. I have:
Crescendo : Amazing game
The Sagara family : Fun
Ai Yori Aoshi
So plz suggest me what game sto get next.
Cheers

Yume Miru Kusuri.

Seconded.

To a certain extent, it depends on what you’re looking for though. Yume Miru Kusuri is probably the best ‘balanced’ eroge available at the moment though - every aspect of it is quite well polished, the storylines + characters are well written, and there’s a good balance between slice of life/drama/ero etc.

I dont have anything specific that I want. Just want to know abt games that are good. I have no problems with Incestual orcontroversial themes. But I would prefer straight stuff :slight_smile: :wink:

You think that. They all think that.
But if we gave you yuri you’d eat it up. Too bad there’s nothing available in English yet =p

He might be like me in that he doesn’t mind yuri, but it doesn’t really do anything for him either. On a side note though, isn’t Raidy a yuri game? If it is, as I recall hearing multiple times here, then there definitely is a yuri game in English.

I also highly recommend obtaining YMK. Actually, a great portion of the forum members will probably recommend this game to you.

It ain’t a yuri game unless it’s all yuri. Raidy is not a yuri game. Plus, what yuri there is isn’t even the right sort of yuri - it’s all rape.

Yeah exactly. I don’t mind it, infact I would be curious.But I (think) i’ll stick to the traditional for now.

Okay I am settled on Yume Miru Kusuri and Snow Sakura. Wat do u guys say?
And what Hiramaki title I should get along? I already have Ai Yori Aoshi.

try princess waltz

I would say Kana little sister, the style of story telling is like Crecendo’s so you might like it, and the story is pretty good/realistic.

Yume Miru was okay but hardly my personal favorite but not a bad game.

If it doesn’t have to be adult, i would say ever 17 is also a great game, Phantom of inferno as well.

On the other hand, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, Tears to Tiara all have very good quality fan translations, good story and highly popular in their native country, you can find a list of fan translated games here http://shii.org/translate/.

Great choices in my opinion. Also, like Idofgrahf, I highly suggest Kana. However, if you do decide to get Kana, be prepared for lots of depression after playing it. As for a suggestion of which Hirameki title to get, I can’t really help you out. The only Hirameki titles I’ve consistently heard good things about are Ever 17 and Yo-Jin-Bo, and neither of those are options when it comes to the free game offer.

Phantom of Inferno is one of the best titles Hirameki has a release of… but I’m not sure how Hirameki’s release is.

Without doing any research whatsoever (someone who has actually played Hirameki’s Phantom of Inferno, please confirm), I suspect that it might be a modified form of DigiTurbo’s title ‘Phantom: Phantom of Inferno~DVD-Video Game~’ which is a DVDPG title (as suggested by the name - it might actually just about predate the term DVDPG) containing voice acting and lacking in ero content (unlike console releases, DVDPG titles have no requirement to remove ero, but this Phantom of Inferno release does anyway).

The voices are certainly a plus, though; the original Phantom of Inferno lacks voices, and so does the PC + PS2 + DVDPG compilation release titled ‘Phantom: Integration’ (which contains improvements in scenario and art over the original). As a result of this, I have never actually played Phantom of Inferno with voices, so I don’t know what it’s like.

I am not fond of DVDPG releases. I played one DVDPG game (bought it by accident) and hated the interface so much I didn’t finish it.

Getting YMK and Snow Sakura.Thought I should balance seriousness with some heartwarming, light stuff. Also getting Hourglass of summer along :slight_smile: .
Ahh… I watched a few reviews of kana, And now I’m a bit scared to play it :(. Don’t really like bad endings.

AFAIK, the discs are nearly identical. Hirameki and Nitro+ (aka DigiTurbo) produced the DVDPG version together, so English subtitles were actually included in the R2 release.

Voiceovers are outstanding, which isn’t surprising given the A-List cast (Omi Minami, Kikuko Inoue…).

Aside from voices, the DVD version benefits from improved visual effects/animation and scene transitions, so there’s more of a cinematic feel than the original. However, a few bugs also exist.

Yeah, that’s probably the most common complaint.

IMO, Phantom is quite enjoyable if you rip the DVD and run the image through PowerDVD. It’s easy to skip chapters and fast forward through scenes. Nevertheless, there’s no way to control the speed of text.

If you want wider range of taste, i suggest to play Critical Point. Nice settings with various endings, ranging from heart warming to scary. This happens to be my first eroge, and it is still one of my favorite.

Okay got through snow sakura. Still on YMK(Its awesome, but too intense for me). So I was wondering what now?

If you can find a copy, Ever 17.

… I never knew Phantom had already been translated…

!!! I need it !

But unfortunately it’s not available anymore…

Played Hourglass of Summer yet? Great Game!