Recommendations

while Phantom of Inferno and Natsuiro no Sunadokei do have translations, they are translations of the DVDPG versions - at least, Phantom’s is. The bonus to Phantom getting one is that the DVDPG version is full voiced, which not even Phantom: Integration is.
I dunno how/why the hell they made Natsuiro a DVDPG, because it was never released in DVDPG. In other words, Hirameki seriously ported it to DVDPG themselves just to release it in English in this format. Why the hell would they do that, instead of using the PC port Berries already made of the game? While a secondary DVDPG release allows you to reach a somewhat wider audience - people without computers, or people without powerful enough computers - releasing a title in only DVDPG format is utterly insane, and I’ve never heard of any Japanese publisher doing this.

Umm not yet.Havent opened the game actually. Maybe One of these days I will. Its just that the story seems a bit :cry: :?

Actually I seriously thinking About princess Waltz. i watched some Demo movies and I really liked it, especially Angela.

If Princess Waltz interests you, go for it. It’s definitely one of the better games commerically available in English.

Hourglass of Summer has its tear-jerking moments, but I thought it was pretty lighthearted overall (it’s certainly not depressing to the level of Kana). Then again, Fate/Stay Night didn’t strike me as particularly dark. :stuck_out_tongue: I just lent my copy of HoS to a friend and he loves it.

If you can get your hands on it, Fate/Stay Night just can’t be beat for epic storytelling. If you like Princess Waltz, Fate/Stay Night is an obvious recommendation–that is, if you’re willing to pay 2-3x the price of commerically localized games.

Tsukihime. Then again I didn’t even really like FSN aside from Sakura’s route, and these of course are all opinions.

Psh. You could argue Tsukihime has better story, or is in fact just better overall; but as far as epicness goes (scope), I think Fate/Stay Night is the clear “winner.” But well, that wasn’t really my point anyway. I adored Tsukihime (username…check), but Fate/Stay Night had a lot more money thrown at it. Everything except arguably the writing is better in Fate/Stay Night (both have great story IMO), which is why I’d recommend FSN over Tsukihime. Ironically, I don’t really love either protagonist as depicted in their respective games; I liked the Shiki portrayed in the anime Shingetsutan Tsukihime–I identified more with his solitary, somewhat depressed personality.

As for the production cost, of course Tsukihime would lose that. It was created as the first(?) title and when the producers had no extra capital to spend, ie it was their own. Comparing that is comparing apples to…steak. As far as epicness goes, F/SN also has had a lot more milking than Tsukihime ever has. It’s gotten so bad that franchise wearyness (not sure if there is a official phrase for that) has begun to creep in.

But Tsukihime is also better for one simple reason: twincest

I’d recommend Fate over Tsukihime [well, considering I haven’t played the latter, as much as I’m justified in giving a recommendation :P] for two reasons. Copies of Fate are readily available - Tsukihime is a lot harder to get hold of, plus it’s rather expensive as well. Additionally, Tsukihime is getting a remake (I guess it will come out next year?), and when that happens mirrormoon’s translation patch will almost certainly be updated to work with it. When that comes out, it will be cheaper than the old version of Tsukihime and at the very least, it will be much improved in the art department.

What the heck, how?

Fate/stay Night has had an anime adaptation, a fandisc, a light novel spinoff and a fighting game (Fate/tiger Colosseum).
Tsukihime has had an anime adaptation*, THREE fandiscs and a whole series of fighting games (Melty Blood) as well as getting a game remake this year.

How, exactly, has Fate/stay Night been milked more?

*yeah, yeah, I know, shut up

Fate has two fighting games. You forgot about Unlimited Codes (which is getting an English-language release for the PSP.)

Well, yeah, but I still don’t see how the franchise has really been milked that much more than Tsukihime has. Or how that makes the game less worthwhile playing.

I totally agree with you. Actually, I don’t consider either Fate or Tsukihime to be ‘milked’ franchises. Now Da Capo, that’s a milked franchise! :lol:

Well if you just want Tsukihime, yea it’s best to just get that. If however you want Tsukibako, that’s another story. But yea, it does cost cash…I got it cheap at ~$200. I expect the price of the original Tsukihime to go down in Japan, but not Tsukibako.

the fandiscs aren’t that much. While the original Melty Blood is a “milking” of the franchise, I believe Melty Blood is divorced enough now that it can be considered its own independent spinoff series and the seuqals are milking not off the popularity of Tsukihime, but of previous titles. The fact it has a manga as well reinforces the idea that it’s its own franchise.

In addition to the above, Fate/Stay Night has had a all-ages ps2 port, Fate/stay night RÈalta Nua. That is also notable since Tsukihime has not had an official all-ages version for it. There is also another fighting game being released this year for the PSP.

Again, I’m saying what I read though, not my personal opinions on regard to what I read. Specifically I recount a lot of comments on Mirror Moon’s forums and some other sites I visit. Personally, I think it was more weariness as to not getting another VN for Tsukihime, but rather more Melty Blood combined with the merchandising of F/SN and releases of more F/SN related games and possibly that some were hoping for an actual sequel for Tsukihime.

At this point though I’d say both have been milked somewhat though with merchandising, F/SN is probably the clear winner. Without it, Tsukhime might still be ahead.

I honestly liked F/SN better. Tsukihime was good for the story, but F/SN is far better for the epicness. Just play UBW route and you’ll see.

I did, and don’t agree. Heaven’s feel was the only one I enjoyed. In my opinion, FSN had a rather bad habit of being long winded when it didn’t need to be. Descriptive story telling is gold, but only in moderation. You don’t need a mini novel just to understand how someone swung their sword.

All in all, it’s just a battle of opinions.

No…Final Fantasy 7 is a title that’s been milked.

I agree with everything you wrote… :slight_smile:

Yes, ultimately it’s an opinion. To me F/SN really felt more…um…tamed? childish? Dunno. Not really talking about the “darkness” here…just it seemed the gloves were put on for F/SN. Tsukihime didn’t really pull that many punches. It felt while F/SN was epic, it also pulled a lot more than Tsukihime did. Also, as mentioned, F/SN did seem a bit wordy at times.

D.C. wins single-handily such a contest, though Kiminozo isn’t bad in that department either, despite being milked a different way.