Refresh my memory, Lamuness...

Wait Wait Wait, Melanie, he was talking to you while you were in the bath at 2 am? …

and and and he hugged you while you were drying and said…“You are my girlfriend, and I care about you as my girlfriend”…un quote, then he hugged me real tight for a moment, went in the bedroom and went to bed and didn’t say anything else about it, though he did cuddle up with me to fall asleep"

Nudity, romance, a story, a happy ending…
It’s a real life bishojo story!

But then:
with all this talk about wanting to see my fuck-me boots, i am getting tempted to take a picture of myself with those boots, my black vinyl bra top and short shorts, and post that as my real-life picture on my website lol

Ara…this bishojo story has taken a twisted turn.

Where’s my popcorn?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
And now, for something completely different (that is to say, business as usual)...

Who here reads Robert Jordan? (I'm talking about Wheel of Time specifically...that's the only work of his with which I am familiar, so that is what I will talk about now. Goodness knows I would *never* talk about something I knew nothing about.) I was wanting a second opinion on the series.

A friend of mine has said the series starts off strong and that the first three books are good, but book four is when it starts to go downhill; he says that the story just gets too big. I'm about 200 pages into book four (The Shadow Rising), and I must say that I can see how this is the case; I could see the story starting to sprawl madly out of control in book three. I was wondering whether other people agreed with that assessment; having only read through part fo book four, I can say that book three was awesome and the first two were really good, and the fourth drags on in the beginning but looks like it will get interesting.

Been awhile since I read, but the later books were pretty disappointing compared with the earlier ones, specially the last one I read, Winter's Heart. Have to agree with your friend, it was around book four or five it started to "lose it's touch" imho.

[This message has been edited by Zorian (edited 08-24-2002).]

My real name is Bonehead. Some call me dumbass.
I’m not kidding.
I have several nicknames, so here goes:

scuddman:
As a basketball player during junior high there was all this talk of scudd and patriot missiles during the Gulf War with Iraq. I had a shirt that had a picture on a rocket on it. One day during my weekly practice I was wearing the shirt and showing off my new bank shot. That was the “Scudd” shot. I became the “Scuddman”, and our center was the “patriot missile” when he packed my ass during the scrimmage.

The LawnMower Man: Many times I missed basketball practice because I had to do chores or had to do something or other. I remember when my friends and I asked my Dad to let me go to a game and he refused, saying, “No, you have to go lawn the mow.” We fell on our sides and cracked up.
"Go Lawn the Mow, Lawnmower Man!"

Bonehead: This name came from Rick Dees on 102.7 Kiis FM in LA, he has a bonehead song for people who do boneheaded things. I truly am a cursed bonehead. I have broken keys on doorknobs. I have destroyed lamps trying to turn them off (Clockwise! No, your OTHER clockwise…no no.aahhh…dumbass! You broke my lamp!). I have crashed the playstation, my roommate’s computers, my computer, the TV, the VCR, the Radio (Dude…you killed the radio…What the fuck are you?) the dreamcast, the Playstation 2, the X-box (Well, it’s made by Microsoft, we figuered you could do it, Bonehead) I have made the CD reader in the dreamcast accidently spin backwards. I have two keys that look exactly alike, one opens the front, the other opens the rear door. I NEVER get the correct key on the first try, it is always the wrong key. I’ve lived in the same apartment for a year…(Man, you are proof that fate exists!) I have destroyed entire tables by just putting my hands on them. One of my friends is so scared of my “ability” that he will zealously guard his stuff. I was a violin player for 10 years, and when I asked to see his violin, I’ve never seen such a scared face in my life.
And of course, the greatest sinker of them all: (Bonehead, no wonder you’ll never have a girlfriend, she’d explode if you touched her!) Ouch, harsh.
The main advantage of this is that anything I build could survive a nuclear holocaust. If I build a box that doesn’t crumble when I touch it, it’s hella tuff!

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
And now, for something completely different (that is to say, business as usual)...

Who here reads Robert Jordan? (I'm talking about Wheel of Time specifically...that's the only work of his with which I am familiar, so that is what I will talk about now. Goodness knows I would *never* talk about something I knew nothing about.) I was wanting a second opinion on the series.

A friend of mine has said the series starts off strong and that the first three books are good, but book four is when it starts to go downhill; he says that the story just gets too big. I'm about 200 pages into book four (The Shadow Rising), and I must say that I can see how this is the case; I could see the story starting to sprawl madly out of control in book three. I was wondering whether other people agreed with that assessment; having only read through part fo book four, I can say that book three was awesome and the first two were really good, and the fourth drags on in the beginning but looks like it will get interesting.

Nandemonai, I read the first three books in the series, and personally I thought Rand and the other two guys were the most ungrateful bastards towards Moiraine. I mean if she had done nothing like they had wanted they'd all be dead. (No big loss in my opinion, since the series would have been over when Rand died.) That's just my opinion though.

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
you can call me crazy, i don't mind [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] i'm proud of it actually [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

with all this talk about wanting to see my fuck-me boots, i am getting tempted to take a picture of myself with those boots, my black vinyl bra top and short shorts, and post that as my real-life picture on my website [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] lol

Praise the goddess. Will the image be big enough to be the backdrop for a proper Bishoujo shine to the goddess. probably not, still it will make a nice addition to the shrine.

Oh, and crazy, loon, bonkers, nuts, doesn’t matter to me what word you use to describe my mental disorders. I have them and wouldn’t be the same person without them.

quote:
Originally posted by ksarchet:
Oh, and crazy, loon, bonkers, nuts, doesn't matter to me what word you use to describe my mental disorders. I have them and wouldn't be the same person without them.

Depends. If one of your disorders is multiple personality syndrome, then you wouldn't be the same people without them... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmm, havn't read the Wheel of Time series in a long time. I thought it was fairly interesting but I also read through the first seven (or however many there were, I havn't read the last one but I read the rest) all in a row and the whole thing ended up blending together so I probably couldn't sort it out if I tried.

All I remember about the wheel of time books was how many pages it took to get anywhere. Robert Jordan is very verbose.

quote:
with all this talk about wanting to see my fuck-me boots, i am getting tempted to take a picture of myself with those boots, my black vinyl bra top and short shorts, and post that as my real-life picture on my website :) lol

Can we say...webcam? :)

quote:
Originally posted by scuddman:
Bonehead: This name came from Rick Dees on 102.7 Kiis FM in LA, he has a bonehead song for people who do boneheaded things. I truly am a cursed bonehead. I have broken keys on doorknobs. I have destroyed lamps trying to turn them off (Clockwise! No, your OTHER clockwise..no no.aahhh..dumbass! You broke my lamp!). I have crashed the playstation, my roommate's computers, my computer, the TV, the VCR, the Radio (Dude..you killed the radio...What the fuck are you?) the dreamcast, the Playstation 2, the X-box (Well, it's made by Microsoft, we figuered you could do it, Bonehead) I have made the CD reader in the dreamcast accidently spin backwards. I have two keys that look exactly alike, one opens the front, the other opens the rear door. I NEVER get the correct key on the first try, it is always the wrong key. I've lived in the same apartment for a year...(Man, you are proof that fate exists!) I have destroyed entire tables by just putting my hands on them. One of my friends is so scared of my "ability" that he will zealously guard his stuff. I was a violin player for 10 years, and when I asked to see his violin, I've never seen such a scared face in my life.
And of course, the greatest sinker of them all: (Bonehead, no wonder you'll never have a girlfriend, she'd explode if you touched her!) Ouch, harsh.
The main advantage of this is that anything I build could survive a nuclear holocaust. If I build a box that doesn't crumble when I touch it, it's hella tuff!

Wow. I'm impressed. That is truly some mad skillz at...uh...whatever it is that you do. Perhaps we could put your skillz to good use? All we need is a way to get you near the hflood servers...

quote:
Originally posted by ksarchet:
Oh, and crazy, loon, bonkers, nuts, doesn't matter to me what word you use to describe my mental disorders. I have them and wouldn't be the same person without them.

I would hope not. If you were the same person with or without your disorders you would be very strange indeed.

*ducks*

quote:
with all this talk about wanting to see my fuck-me boots, i am getting tempted to take a picture of myself with those boots, my black vinyl bra top and short shorts, and post that as my real-life picture on my website [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] lol

Are you sure, this complies with tripods limitations? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

sure it complies there’s no nudity, just provocativeness…nothing wrong with a little sexiness…although apparently the thought of it is making a few peopel cry (?), so maybe i won’t

but my idea was to post two or three pictures of myself…one or two of me in normal everyday life (maybe one of me standing next to my horse, Rufus) and one of me in provocative dress…isn’t bishoujo about ALL aspects of woman, normal everyday stuff and sexiness alike?

quote:
sure it complies [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] there's no nudity, just provocativeness...nothing wrong with a little sexiness....although apparently the thought of it is making a few peopel cry (?), so maybe i won't

... or you may hide this one again behind a special link with warning.

Hrmmm. Now I am really tempted to view these pictures after all. If I think, I required the goddess-Icon, in order to keep my imagination intact...

Oh, my goddess! What shall I do...

Please feel free to post any pictures you would like to post of yourself my goddess. My earlier objections have been thouroughly calmed. Thank you my goddess.

quote:
sure it complies [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] there's no nudity, just provocativeness...nothing wrong with a little sexiness....although apparently the thought of it is making a few peopel cry (?), so maybe i won't

but my idea was to post two or three pictures of myself...one or two of me in normal everyday life (maybe one of me standing next to my horse, Rufus) and one of me in provocative dress.....isn't bishoujo about ALL aspects of woman, normal everyday stuff and sexiness alike? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Yes, yes it is. And we are fully prepared to celebrate all aspects of woman for as long as it is humanly possible...or inhumanly, I have doubts about some of the "people" here... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Ouch, stop throwing things! Hmm, I'm fine with any picutre. I'd just like to have a face to go with the persona we've all come to know and love! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] (Then again, I'm curious as to what most of the group here looks like. Question is, would images of us also scare off the "normals"?)

Actually I kind of thought that the story starts to pick up after the 3-4th book. But there is just too many things going on at the same time with the Wheel of Time. Jordan is trying too much to give everyone screen time.

Man this thread is really going all over the place we probably could have 10 separate threads here already

11 pages and counting…

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Actually I kind of thought that the story starts to pick up after the 3-4th book. But there is just too many things going on at the same time with the Wheel of Time. Jordan is trying too much to give everyone screen time.

Yeah, Jordan writtes too much sometimes >_<. And his books doesn't exactly become better either; his first book was great, as was the second, but then it began going down.... x_x

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
11 pages and counting...

11 pages, 402 posts (er, 403 now), absolutely NO sanity whatsoever... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]