Refresh my memory, Lamuness...

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
... http://www.criticalanime.com/smilies/images/sweat2.gif[/IMG] ... http://www.criticalanime.com/smilies/images/stunned1.gif[/IMG] ... ARRRGGHH! http://www.criticalanime.com/smilies/images/anger2.gif[/IMG]
Fow long are you going to insist that you're a newbie? We both know that it's just as true that you're a newbie that it's true that pigs might fly [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 07-22-2003).]

Someone replaced your smilies with...ah...well, they're not bananas.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 07-30-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
You're not the only one. First time I read your post, I thought you say you had gotten "bustier", which if you have, I really don't want to know about...

Okay, for all the multilingual humans here, how does one say "I'm not wearing any pants" in a language other than English, Japanese, Spanish or Latin?

je n'ai pas les pantaloons! (I don't have pants) My french is waaaayyyy rusty though.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
je n'ai pas les pantaloons! (I don't have pants) My french is waaaayyyy rusty though.

Thanks! And don't worry, not like I'd be able to tell the difference! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

And if anyone wants to know, the Tagalog equivalent of the "It is forbidden to urinate here" (of the famous J-List t-shirt) is "bawal umihi dito". I'm trying to figure out a good way to work it into a conversation...

i noticed the pictures in place of the smilies too…

very…um…artistic?

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
You're not the only one. First time I read your post, I thought you say you had gotten "bustier", which if you have, I really don't want to know about...

Okay, for all the multilingual humans here, how does one say "I'm not wearing any pants" in a language other than English, Japanese, Spanish or Latin?

Even though you didn't ask for Japanese, you should be careful, as pants in English and pants in Japanese are two different words.

Made in DNA

quote:
Originally posted by Made in DNA:
Even though you didn't ask for Japanese, you should be careful, as pants in English and pants in Japanese are two different words.

Heh, I know. I've seen enough anime and played enough games to know the difference. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] That would definitely change the whole tone of the phrase if I used "pants" in the Japanese termiology...

“nyai mo jyok fuu/kuu.” Does that sound right for Cantonese? I don’t know how to write it out… ^_^*

Anyone going to Otakon?
I will be there on Saturday with my Tohya Miho (Megatokyo) cosplay.

[This message has been edited by Llilithe (edited 08-06-2003).]

Welcome to the insanity topic, Lilithe. (Well, okay, technically it’s the ‘off topic’ topic…but how can the off topic topic be off topic? That makes no sense…like the rest of us (me) of course…

Anyhow…Silent Hill 3 came out, so…umm…bye. See you in a few days, folks…I’m off to go get the shit scared out of me.

…and if I don’t come back to at least a page of stupid remarks along the lines of “shhh!” then I’ll just have to…umm…be really silly?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
..and if I don't come back to at least a page of stupid remarks along the lines of "shhh!" then I'll just have to...umm...be really silly?

And how's that different from any other time?

Silent Hill 3 came out? Shesh, I never even got the change to play the original yet. Okay, maybe if I had a working game console or something...

Oh and I liked your photoshoots Llilithe-san.

Nandemonai: ^^* hoee… I must not be very memorable since I’m am pretty sure I have a couple posts in this thread already. Thank you though.
I don’t like to play scary games but a lot of my friends like them so I just pop the popcorn. laugh

ekylo-san: Thank you very much. They are just mostly from trying out my new digital camera last month. I am sorry I never posted up those Hand Maid May cosplay pictures I had promised. It was very hot and humid at CNX and the pictures have a very wilted looking May in them. Maybe when I have more time I will do a May photoshoot.

Anyone else here play with RPG Maker 2000/3?

Made in DNA

Here’s yet another short talk about Toraha…

I. The anime

There are two anime series about Toraha.
1. The first is an adult series, with 5 OVAs which were released by DISCOVERY from 2001 to 2002. More information can be found at the official homepage.

The series takes place in the Sazanami Dormitory, thus in the Toraha2 storyline.
Volume #1 (“Haru no Sazanami”, SEDD-3009, Y6800) tells the coming of Kousuke at Sazanami and how he was accepted by all there. It is essentially animated scenes of the first part of the game and is IMO poorly drawn and animated (and they put a make-up to poor Izayoi who looks awful that way!!!). I’d rank it as below average with a score of 8/20.
Volume #2 (“Natsu no Yuuhi”, SEDD-3011, Y6800) tells the coming of Yuuhi-chan at Sazanami. While it follows the storyline of the game, it is better done here (than previously) and is quite enjoyable. When volume #1 was just different events of the game put one after another, volume #2 succeeds into giving a link between the different scenes. It’s also better drawn and animated IMHO. I enjoyed it a lot, but then it may be because of Yuuhi-chan who happens to be my fav. character of the game. . I didn’t like how it ended with Yuuhi-chan “thrown” into Kousuke’s arms, though, because it made me fear that the series would follow what I hate most in adult anime based on ren’ai games: that it would turn the main character from a guy faithful to the one he loves to a flirtatious guy going after everyone wearing a skirt! I’d rank it as above average with a score of 12/20.
Volume #3 (“Kaze Kaoru - Aki”, SEDD-3019, Y6800) departs from the previous volumes as it tells a story NOT from the game. It focuses on Kaoru and her cousin Kaede-chan and takes into her job as an exorcist. I found it interesting for that point. It also ties the Toraha1 and Toraha2 storylines by showing Kaoru’s little sister Nami-chan and her kitsune friend Kuon. Also, it reassures me, as Kousuke stays “faithful” to Ai and Yuuhi-chan. ^^;;;;; I’d rank it as above average with a score of 12/20.
Volume #4 (“Fuyu no Chikai - I”, SEDD-3025, Y6800) and volume #5 (“Fuyu no Chikai - II”, SEDD-3031, Y6800) are to be put together as they are part I and part II of the same story. They are probably the most interesting OVAs of the lot, as they form a true story with a plot! Well, to be honest, volume #3 as well had one, but the story here gain from being in 70min rather than in 35! It focuses on the coming of Lhissty and the friendship she starts with Chika-chan. OTOH, it’s an unoriginal story, since it’s Lhissty’s story from the game. I’d rank it as above average with a score of 14/20.

It is to be noted the score are “compared to the average adult anime from ren’ai games” which are IMHO of less quality than their non-adult counterpart.

2. The second series is a non-adult one, with 4 OVAs scheduled. The first was released very recently (last July), while the second is planned for August. Alas, I ordered both together, so I won’t get them before both are released, thus I can only tell the four volumes tells the same storym and happens in the Toraha3 storyline (apparently Kyouya and Miyuki-chan are on a mission to protect Fiasse from terrorists…). Official page is here
A promotion DVD (“Triangle Heart ~Sweet Songs Forever~ Sound Stage VA”, KIBA-817, Y4800) was released at last year summer Comicket and contains in fact 3 video-clips for Toraha3.

II. The discography

1. The Sound Stage series
The first released Toraha CD series is called the “Sound Stage” and are 5+1 drama CDs.
Volume #1 (“Triangle Heart’s Sound Stage”, GG-017, Y1500) happens some little after the end of Toraha2 main events and tells the story of Chika-chan and Yuuhi-chan at the recording studio. I like this CD a lot as it shows the debut of Yuuhi-chan…
Volume #2 (“Takashiro Yuiko no Umikaze RADIO!”, GG-018, Y2500) shows us Yuiko-chan in her job as a radio emcee, presenting songs and guests, reading letters, etc. It’s a nostalgic CD to listen to, as it happens after the Toraha2 main events, and gives news about the Toraha1 casts (the fanletters are from Kotori-chan, Shin’ichirou, Idzumi, …); I like it a lot.
Volume #3 (“Sweet Song memories”, GG-019, Y2500) happens during the Toraha3 storyline (thus about 8 years after the Toraha1&2 main events) and tells the story of Miyuki-chan, Nami-chan and… Momoko recording songs… in the same studio where Chika-chan and Yuuhi-chan went years before. Yuuhi-chan appears in fact as a guest singer. It’s one of my fav. CD, *sighs
Volume #4 (“HAPPY SONGS COLLECTION ~Takamachi ie karaoke taikai~”, GG-020, Y2500). At the end of volume #3, the characters promised themselves to hold a karaoke contest someday… Volume #4 tells this karaoke contest and happens at the Takamachi house!!! It’s a very fun (as some seiyuus obviously try to sing badly) and heartful as it features the main Toraha3 cast but also their friends from the previous Toraha games: Yuiko-chan, Sakura-chan, Lhissty… Probably one of my fav. CDs.
Volume #5 (“Wings Xmas ~Tooi sora no Christmas Eve~”, GG-021, Y2500). While the previous volumes are essentially drama pretexts for the characters to sing songs, volume essentially tells a story. It’s almost Xmas, and Sherry, Lhissty and Fillis’s little sister, is hurt during her job as a Rescue Ranger. After some time at the hospital, Chika-chan takes her home for her to recover. Meanwhile, Fillis decides to leave for the US and visit her sister… This is probably my favourite CD of the five.

Volume #0 (“Summertime Whispers”, GG-022, Y2500) is special. While it’s named “0”, it was produced way after the others. It happens in the OVA storyline (and chonologically before volume #1, hence the “0”). One day, Yuuhi-chan looks into the video collection of the dormitory and finds the ones recorded during the OVA series timeline… This CD is essentially a recall of the OVA stories, as the Toraha2 cast watched them back… and comment them. :slight_smile:

All the CDs are picture CDs.

2. The memorial album
On late November of 2002 was released “The last songs” (JJN-025, Y4500), Toraha complete sound compilation album. It contains 4 CDs and features all of the Toraha game soundtrack (88 tracks) and all the Toraha game songs (15 in all).

3. The Sound Stage X series
Together with the second OVA series, a new CD series (the “Sound Stage X” series) was released/planned. Since I didn’t receive my CDs yet, I can’t talk much about it… At least 3 CDs are planned (X, X2 and “X special: Radio Stage”). More information here.

4. The DVD
Along with the Limited Edition of the DVD was given a beautiful special picture CD (along with a mini-pillow and a mini-scroll ) containing all the Toraha songs.

5. The other sources
You can also find the various Toraha songs in the “JANIS&ivory Game Songs Collection”, and, since the Toraha3 soundtrack were made/performed by I’ve, you can find KOTOKO and MELL’s songs in the various I’ve albums.
Also, a special CD was made along with Kotori’s hugging pillow. ^^;;;;;; It features Kotori-chan reading a bed story… Aaaahhhhh… Lovely… #^^#

III. The artbooks
1. “Triangle Hearts Visual Fun-book” (ISBN4-7973-1301-3, Y1800, 99pages, published by SOFTBANK Publishing)
The first artbook presents the characters (and their story) and the locations from Toraha1 & 2 and from the first toybox… It contains all the CGs from the games, rough designs, interviews, short tips to clear the characters, etc. Just the basic thing an artbook contains, really. Of course, I love it.

2. “Triangle Heart 3 ~Sweet Songs Forever~ Visual Fun-book” (ISBN4-7973-1586-5, Y2300, 162pages, published by SOFTBANK Publishing)
The second artbook is obviously about Toraha3. It presents the characters (and their story) and the locations from the game and from the toybox… It contains all the CGs from the games, rough designs, interviews, short tips to clear the characters, the Toraha Encyclopedia… and an official manga side story telling the meeting of Yuuhi-chan and Fiasse. Essential artbook for Toraha fans!!! ^
-

3. The others
JANIS also published novels about Toraha3. Alas, as my Japanese quite sucks and so I was afraid to not understand them, I didn’t buy them… The only Toraha stuff I didn’t buy… (^^;

I could talk more about Toraha, but it’s getting late, so… see you in another Toraha talk!!! ^
-

I wonder if olf_le_loli’s post is longer than my long posts or Kumiko’s long posts…

long posts urge me to buy stuff… why… so cruel to my wallet…

Though Hirameki International was at Otakon and they had a very brief booth connected to AkibaOtaku but it was cute and they were previewing some of their stuff that’s coming out this fall on laptops and portable DVD players… urge to use purchasing power rising

[This message has been edited by Llilithe (edited 08-10-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
I wonder if olf_le_loli's post is longer than my long posts or Kumiko's long posts....
At least I don't lecture about how the bishoujo market is in bad shape and about how people should help it and buy stuff and all! *grins*
Nor do I fill a full page with oppai rants!!! *EG*
quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
At least I don't lecture about how the bishoujo market is in bad shape and about how people should help it and buy stuff and all! *grins*
Nor do I fill a full page with oppai rants!!! *EG*

Amen!

BTW, about Kirameki games, does anybody knows of an on-line stores that is located in Canada that sell/will sell their games? Amazon.com sells it, but, oddly enough, not Amazon.ca. (Try to avoid customs, all costs).

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:

Aside from the fact that "pants" is "pantalon", that your sentence would have been more grammatically correct with "je n'ai pas de pantalon" and even more litterally correct with "je ne porte pas de pantalon" ("I don't wear pants"), I don't know the equivalent saying for this one in French, as I don't understand the meaning of this sentence... Besides I'm as weak in French slang as I am in English slang...
*only uses formal French and English* ^^;;;

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 08-11-2003).]

Forget about this post! It probably wasn’t that important anyway …

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-11-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Forget about this post!
Yes, Master Unicron!

Oh, and, I'll try to write a shorter post in my next talk about Toraha... ^_-

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 08-11-2003).]