Salvation has come

Pretty Soldier does look like a great title. Finally some game play! But I am also concerned about how large a role the tentacles have in the game. So this title goes from a sure buy to a wait for reviews due to the tentacle issue.

Phew, as a long-time lurker, I’m glad I can finally come out and say… Peach Princess have, at last, diversified.

Sorry guys, but I was getting sick of all the endless-clicking story games, and didn’t really bother with the last few games. :frowning:

I can’t be the only one that is pleased to see PeaPri covering a new genre. Please consider translating more RPGs and other gametypes in future!

(Still hoping to play Wordsworth in english some day.)

-Vert

Peapri really wants to bring more over. I am given to understand we (the company) approached Crowd and said “hey, how bout Brave Soul 2? it did really well here” and Crowd said no way; that the game didn’t make enough money (it made more than usual for them but cost MUCH more than usual). The Japanese market is really cutthroat and most of the companies produce games in this format largely because it’s WAY easier to make ADV games.

We’re restricted by what we can license for translation. We cannot create the games ourselves. And games like Wordsworth would be … nice, but popular = expensive.

Happen to have a link to Brave Soul 2? :smiley:

Where did you read that it made them more money than usual?

restrains himself from flaming
It doesn’t exist.

Thanks for the reply, Nand. Perhaps PeaPri should be contacting some other game devs if Crowd aren’t being forthcoming?

I just want to see some gameplay with my H, please! :slight_smile:

You’re probably the first guy to post Rooster Teeth content here. Reminds me to go download all the RvB episodes and watch them (I only got up to where an Elite is sneaking up on Church), since I now have the space.

Dude, I think there was a joke there, and that was supposed to be the punchline :slight_smile:

I can’t remember exactly. But there is no Brave Soul 2, we know there isn’t – we’d’ve DEFINITELY heard about it by now. The original is so old that they would have announced it by now (people forget about games eventually, the Japanese release is quite ancient).

As for why I think the Japanese sales were higher, I’m almost positive I heard that somewhere. But I may be misremembering. Lamuness will have to comment, as if I did hear that it would have been from him.

You and a lot of other people, really. That’s like probably the most common piece of feedback we get from newbies :slight_smile:

The problem is most of the companies Peach Princess approaches tell us no. Beggars can’t be choosers, and until a profitable market has been demonstrated we’re the beggars.

My sentiments exactly. I came here to PP looking to purchase my first Bishoujo game. I got really exited when I first saw Pretty Soldier.It looks to be cool game and the girls look really nice too, epically the dark-haired one. But if this game turns out to be just a tentacle rape fest, then I guess I’ll pass on this one. I prefer boy/girl and/or girl/girl.Instead, Bible Black will be the first Bishoujo game I buy.I’ve a couple of questions about Pretty Soldier. First, how much computer power do I need, will my 300 MHz PII suffice? And what’s the ETA on Pertty Soldier?

Games don’t get release dates, because they’re always subject to change.

None of the games have ever had particularly high system requirements. And if you never bought any previous bishoujo games – you do realize one of the biggest reasons more games don’t come over is the sales figures? I mean, even if you’re not a story fan and want gameplay – was Brave Soul really that bad?

EDIT: Oops, silly “post” button …

As for release dates – after preorders for Little My Maid were opened several years before the game’s eventual release (this is not an exaggeration), the company wisely decided that announcing release dates, or future licensing arrangements, were not in anyone’s best interests. (Several games were officiall announced that were later more-or-less killed.)

[ 03-26-2007, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Nandemonai ]

I don’t mean to get off topic but about Bible Black…
It’s not that I don’t recommend buying it. I think you ought to know however. . .

“. . .starting on June 5, 2007, Kitty Media plans to include a bonus DVD with their release of Bible Black - The Game.”

Source: http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=3498

and in addition to the above, Bible Black is on sale right now (sale ends Wednesday night) for $20.99 at TRSI, but pre-ordering the second release will run you about $27 – meaning you’ll be paying $6 for Bible Black Vol. 1. So, in order to save money, you should make a decision quickly.

ETA for Pretty Soldier Wars is sometime in the year 2007, I believe.

Nine titles will be released in the next 12-18 months. So expect 7 more title announcements.

Here is a quote from the site’s owner: “We’ve got six games in our first volley of new titles, and three more licensed games after that, which will be released over the next 12-18 months or so.”

Source: http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=3456

[ 03-27-2007, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

While the games never have had high system requirements, they have been going up in the past couple of years. The demo of Ai Yori Aoshi animated slowly on my Pentium II 233 Mhz.

Bishoujo games with gameplay tend to have higher system requirements, and poorly programmed, so I’m not holding my breath to play it on my personal PC. Brave Soul ran well, though, but that was a game from 2001.

It just keeps getting worse. Now a torrent search for Pretty Soldier Wars is the first (actually, the two first) result for a Google search of the title.

A bit further down was a result to a hentai sharing message board where some low-life requested the game:

Seriously, why are people looking for it freqently? Did they misinterpret pirate lore and cut off one eye instead of one leg, so they didn’t read that it’s still in PRE-ORDER?

Anyway, the message board in question revolves around one game buying Japanese ‘hentai games’ to share. Asking for English games or patches is forbidden. Good that they at least have that policy, I guess.

[ 03-29-2007, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Benoit ]

This is exactly why software piracy laws need more teeth. The whole thing has been getting worst and worst – not better. Since this is an eroge community, we notice when eroge gets pirated – but it’s across the whole spectrum. There are people looking for Adobe CS3 cracks (which is still in beta), and I’ve seen requests for working Microsoft Developer registration codes. :roll:

Meh… look at me… now I’m rambling.

Why are people (pirates presumably) stupid enough to ask for a torrent of a game that is not yet officially released, you ask? Oh, I will tell you why…

One possible answer to this, as well as one of the reasons why peapri never announces release dates, will be revealed shortly in another thread :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 03-29-2007, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

Short Answer is basically people lie cheat and steal… Eminem released a CD a while back… only 6 people knew it existed in the entire world.
However 3 months before he went public with the official announcement of that CD (this is the Encore CD, incase u wanna look this story up)
It was leaked on the internet some of the songs unfinished, some of them uncut.
Point being, of 6 people, it only took 1 to steal a copy.

benoit, hopefully the following case will answer your question above

pirate infiltration into bgame company