School Days HQ official thread/FAQ

We intend to send it for printing by the end of the month, so a couple of weeks after that if nothing goes wrong.

According to JAST’s email newsletter, the game will be “shipping in the coming weeks, most likely around the end of June.”

Glad to hear that the physical edition of School Days will be DRM-free. That way, I might be able to share it with fellow fans in my anime club.

I have a desktop with a 3200+ AMD Athlon processor. Hopefully that will suffice. But it barely has enough RAM to run Windows XP. Perhaps this is the right time to learn how to upgrade my RAM, or find someone who can help me (so that I don’t damage the computer).

i know it is full video you are gonna need the memory for it
and does anyone have a full list of the girls’ measurements

If it helps, here’s the specs from the official website:

CPU? Multi-core clock speed greater than 2GHz
MEM? 1GB or more
HDD? External USB HDD can not be used
VIDEO? Full-color 800x600 or higher
PCI Express x16 VRAM 64MB or more
DirectX9.0 compatible
SOUND? PCM audio

If you have Windows XP, the minimum memory is 512mb and the recommended is 1GB+. The Maximum memory Windows XP can see/use is 3GB for Home Edition or 4GB for Professional Edition.

what about windows xp 64-bit? :>

Here is just a random question i already have the game pre-ordered and everything i can’t wait to play it but i was wondering if this game has a theater mode for viewing scenes you have already watched or if you will just have to go save crazy with your game saves?

if i recall right 64bit windows XP has the same minimum and recommendation but the maximum it can see/use is 128GB

I believe so, but only for H scenes.

The processor should be fast enough to run the game. If you can watch standard definition anime then you can play SDHQ. If you have 1GB of ram then it should work with that. Fun fact: the original School Days ran fine on a Asus EEEPC with a 600mhz celeron and 512MB ram!

Runs with no issues here.

There is a replay option available in the title screen for H-scenes, and the game also asks you to save after each chapter/episode. You will have to spam the save button quite a bit though if you want to save before a critical story branch. The game only allows 100 save slots though, so please use them sparingly. :wink:

So when will the download version be out then?

from what i hear there won’t be one since it is 10gb

From what I heard, probably a few weeks after the boxed copies ship.

Good thing I’ve been clearing out space on my hard drive then :slight_smile:

i am using a 16gb flashdrive i found at school

If you’re coming to AX, you’ll be able to buy either version of the game at the J-List booth. This will be the fastest way to get the game.

There will be a download version despite the enormous size, but I’m not sure when it will go up.

just got my order invoice

Got my invoice and have been charged. Just waiting for the shipping alert now.

my guess is that will be tomorrow but it depends on how long you waited to order