Sengoku rance

who has played this game and likes it
this is one of the best/most addictive h-game i every played

Played it, and love it even if it’s so difficult it makes me want to tear my hair out alot of times.

While I find Eushully titles (like ikusamegami and tayuuta) to be more enjoyable gameplay-wise, as well as having better storylines, I’ve never poured as much time into them as I have into Sengoku Rance. There’s something about it, all right.

This. Lots of fun, but would it really be that hard for Alicesoft to include a difficulty setting? (being able to turn the difficulty up doesn’t count either :P) Not a problem unique to Sengoku Rance either, as at the other end of the scale you have Choukou Sennin Haruka, which is far too easy and generally tedious to play through. Like Lancer-X mentioned, Eushully do a much better job in this respect, although their games don’t have the same degree of replayability than Sengoku Rance does.

The other big problem I have is the quality of the writing and scenario - for the most part (usually the scenes not involving Rance) it’s inferior to good bakage/comedies, and as a consequence Sengoku Rance hangs together mostly on the strength of its gameplay. Given that TORI in particular has shown that she’s quite a good writer in some of her serious works, it’s a pity that it doesn’t really carry through into Sengoku Rance.

i had to use a hacked save to beat the game
if anyone needs it i can send it to them

I finished it, loved it :slight_smile: it’s easily a 9/10

Hopefully another in the series will be announced soon since that true ending leads into another game

If it had more story modes, i’d give it a 10/10, but i hate how they are all in Oda with Rance leading. I’d love story modes based on the other countries since some of those characters are interesting.

Sengoku Rance it’s insanely addictive, and I couldn’t exactly say why. The gameplay is good, but not that good. The story is good, but I’ve seen better ones. The “slice-of-life” scenes are average at best. The ero relies more on quantity than quality, and there are games with better offer.

When I started thinking seriously about the game, after having finished it twice, I realized it wasn’t worth all the time I was pouring into it. One playthrough, sure. But definitely not going for all the four routes. Even so, I actually had to force myself uninstalling the game.

I don’t think anything similar has happened to me since the time I decided to close my World of Warcraft account.

There’s virtually guaranteed to be one, once TADA’s done with that Daibanchou sequel. And it will be a sequel because unlike Kichikuou, Sengoku is a canon Rance title (it’s called Rance VII after all!)

rance 8 is 2011

I loved the game even when I played it in Japanese. But damn it got hard fast (and you don’t know “hard” until you play a game in a language you don’t fully comprehend–it takes research!). This game is easily my first recommendation for those looking for H-RPGs in English.

Theirs 7

True route
Kenshin route
Isoroko route
Ran route ( Rance X Ran )
Ran route ( Soun X Ran )
Demon King route
Kill the Monkey route

The other routes are actually worth finishing. The Kenshin route is regarded as the best in game, and the Isoroko route is quite popular also. Ran routes aren’t that good.

From what I can tell, it kind of looks like Dragon Force for Saturn. Where can I buy it, I have the translation patch already?

ErogeShop has it. Full price though.

Definitely rate Kenshin’s route as the best, in fact I’d say I enjoyed the True route the least. It’s also the only eroge I’ve continued to play after beating it, the gameplay is THAT addictive (though Majikoi is currently occupying what little free time I have). If you thought the main game was hard, try Free-For-All mode as the Imagawa House (the Hanny house). That’s a freaking nightmare to win, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t proud as hell to have survived it.

I had a tougher time with Hara house, personally. I found the Hannys weren’t too bad.

hmm cna you link me a review of this game please`?

http://mouyamete.oniichannoecchi.com/?p=848

He pretty much sums it all up. To put it simply anyone interested should buy the damn game. You’ll easily get your money’s worth out of it.

Damn. So exactly how hard is this game exactly? Enough to make you turn into the Hulk and smash things?

It’s not that hard. AliceSoft only rates it as 4/5 difficulty (Daiakuji and Daibanchou are 5/5) and after you get an idea of how everything works it’s not too bad.

Huh, I had more trouble with Sengoku Rance than I did Daibanchou (which didn’t really give me much trouble at all). Admittedly I made heavy use of the English wiki for Daibanchou, whereas Sengoku Rance I went through mostly solo. Sengoku Rance I took a wait-and-see approach with, only attacking when attacked, and after my first conquest I suddenly found that the enemies were ridiculously strong. I think the enemies strengthened with time, and I took so long to start expanding that their growth outpaced mine. On the other hand, in Daibanchou the game pushes you along at several points and doesn’t let you fall too far behind (automatic invasions and such). The time limit also motivates you to invade quickly and invade early. Daibanchou also has 2 early, easier scenarios that show you the ropes and prepare you for the national conquest stage. Thus IMO Daibanchou is more beginner-friendly.