Sensei 2 on Jan. 7th!

shi-ko-mi looks interesting, not nearly as brutish as sensei 2 seems to be…

you know one thing i hate though? i hate how these games are always advertised with all sexual pictures instead of basic gameplay pictures…it makes the case that these games are not all about sex a little hard to argue

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
shi-ko-mi looks interesting, not nearly as brutish as sensei 2 seems to be...

I agree withthat. Much better art than Sensei 2 too [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
you know one thing i hate though? i hate how these games are always advertised with all sexual pictures instead of basic gameplay pictures....it makes the case that these games are not all about sex a little hard to argue

That's true, but for some reason, unless the game is a SIM or so, there are few pictures besides the sexual scenes CG that they show. don't know why, through, but simce the sex scenes often are a part of your way into a certainc haracter's heart, I guess that they feel that they should be shown, since they often are the "keys" in the game, But it's a pity that it's so...

Oh, BTW... I just heard a horrible thing from Lamuness: We might not see Slave Bazaar after all. And, no, it's not a cruel joke that I'm making up *makes a very serious face*.

i never heard of the game Slave Bazaar, whats that game about?

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson:
i never heard of the game Slave Bazaar, whats that game about?

? Haven't you brought any of PP's game? If you have,t hen look in the product catalog to find it. You can find the movie demo of Salve Bazaar here at Will's homepage too: http://www.ruf-soft.com/count/cp.cgi?URL=./dl/gr06.exe

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
I agree withthat. Much better art than Sensei 2 too [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

All hail Keiji Mutoh, for his art kicks much behind.

As a side note, earlier this afternoon there was a moment of confusion when a friend and I were looking at G-Collection's lineup. After some wrangling, I finally managed to point out that: a)yes, the character designs of Chain were by Keiji Mutoh; and b)no, the character designs of Tsuki were not, as they were done by Masahiro Yamaneshi(?).

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Er, and I'm a bit amused by the "about the game" part. I'm wondering if G-collection's support email was getting some odd help requests. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] (Though in an odd way if people don't even know how to play basic bishoujo games, it might indicate that new people are getting into the genre.)

When you put it that way, I would have to agree with you. People asking stupid questions of this sort can only be a good thing; for every one person who does that, there are a good many others who are too embarrased to ask such a silly question.

...as for calling it a stupid question? Well, it is. Some say there are no stupid questions; I say there are plenty of stupid questions but if you need to ask one and don't, you're really dumb as opposed to just ignorant.

quote:
shi-ko-mi looks interesting, not nearly as brutish as sensei 2 seems to be...

you know one thing i hate though? i hate how these games are always advertised with all sexual pictures instead of basic gameplay pictures....it makes the case that these games are not all about sex a little hard to argue

The sex is the main selling point. There's no doubt about that, even Snow Drop had what I personally felt to be an excessive T&A-to-rest of game ratio. (Especially in Snow Drop's case, since the rest of it was all sweet and romantic.)

quote:
Oh, BTW... I just heard a horrible thing from Lamuness: We might not see Slave Bazaar after all. And, no, it's not a cruel joke that I'm making up *makes a very serious face*.

Really? We may not? That would really be too bad. (And yes, I am looking forward to Slave Bazaar.)

quote:

for pete's sake can you stop spreading stupid and unjustified rumors?

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:

Gomen, Otou-sama [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]. But it isn't 100% unjustified, is it? But, in response to what we just discussed in the chat, let's just say that there might be some more trouble than excepted, but no real change from the trouble that Kumiko told us before that there might be with the independent Ruf-staff?.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:

Gomen, Otou-sama [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]. But it isn't 100% unjustified, is it? But, in response to what we just discussed in the chat, let's just say that there might be some more trouble than excepted, but no real change from the trouble that Kumiko told us before that there might be with the independent Ruf-staff?.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You’re really slipping, Spec. First you post an alarmist rephrasing of something we already knew, and then you double post!

No cookie for you! Baaaaaaad Spectator Beholder! Go to your room this instant!

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Tsk, tsk, tsk. You're really slipping, Spec. First you post an alarmist rephrasing of something we already knew, and then you double post!

No cookie for you! Baaaaaaad Spectator Beholder! Go to your room this instant!

[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] Well, I just did what Otou-sama said that I should do :3.

i don’t even want to think about there being no slave bazaar!!! why is this suddenly an issue? what is going on?

quote:
i don't even want to think about there being no slave bazaar!!! why is this suddenly an issue? what is going on?

Oh, nothing ^^;. I don't know if Lamuness wants us to discuss it or not, but it sin't all that important. But there's some stuff that centers around the fact that Ruf is different from the rest of Will (like Kumiko told us before) that could affect PP's english release of Slave bazaar. But, rest assured, nothing is decided yet, neither for the better or worse.

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 01-05-2003).]

quote:
i don't even want to think about there being no slave bazaar!!! why is this suddenly an issue? what is going on?

Lamuness happened to mention to Spec something we already knew, but hadn't been mentioned for a very long time. That's what's going on.

So, more or less, the situation is exactly the same as it was before, with the exception of one alarmist post, so that now people are worrying about it.

If I’m correct, it probably has something to do with all the journal entries having to be redone. Since this was done in the CG, instead of the message box, all that art would have to be redrawn. If it does happen (The game is a go), all those entries would have to be mostly drawn again for the English release. Unless the programmers can somehow put the message box in the Journal Entries and translate it that way. Either way, once they start, it’s going to take awhile.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
If I'm correct, it probably has something to do with all the journal entries having to be redone.

That's not really it, but it is related to something we discussed before, and that we kind of know of. Anyway, it's nothing to fuss about... for now, that's it :3

is there any way they could put subtitles over the screens with the text in them? that way it wouldn’t have to be redrawn

That would depend, but it sounds to me like the journals are literally a graphic of a journal, open to a page, with a bunch of Japanese text literally drawn on the page, filling it up. As part of the CG. That could not be easily edited (note: edited, now, not redrawn) without a very skillful Photoshop master, which I am assuming Peach Princess does not happen to have and cannot pay for.

As for popping a text box over the journal screens, assuming my conjecture is correct…that would either require opaque windows covering the whole screen, or a lot of text windows for each Journal entry. A distant third choice is superimposing a translucent English text box over Japanese language character, which would be hard to read to put it mildly.

This leaves having the CG redrawn, which probably the Japanese companies would insist be done by the original artist and which in fact we would probably WANT redrawn by the same artist.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 01-06-2003).]