Slave Pageant Is Up

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
Actually, they do, but you need a scroll mouse to use it.

Well, usually PgUp/PgDwn do the trick as well. That is, if the gamer isn't allergic to touching the keyboard... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Haha or to busy doing something else with their hands

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Still no actual reviews posted anywhere about this game though if not by someone here by another person that typically reviews games? Searching brings up many interesting links but nothing close to the game or a review.

I thought one of the people that got it early was going to put out a review. Quickie reviews lose their fun when people already played the game [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

I don’t like to do reviews. I do them, just hardly ever. Takes up too much energy to post an opinion and even more so to post an unbiased, professional opinion. I don’t even remember the last time I did a proper review. Wasn’t a bishoujo game though, I know that. Never did one for that type of game. It may have been for QFG, but I can’t remember. I don’t even remember where I posted it. I know I used a different name, my old screenname that I was given back in 7th grade. I still use that name too, for my primary email account, and other places too, occasionally. The one majore place that still keeps the old name is my QFG site, which for some dumb reason, I still update, very rarely, but it get updated. And I’m rambling again… Reviews! I don’t do them.

------------------
精神 の 神

quote:
Originally posted by NicoleWagner:
(...)there is an option called "Log", clicking on it, you can get previous text of the characters that you may have missed by clicking to fast or too soon! (...)

Having just had a desire and the ability to try Slave Pageant I finally saw this "Log" feature and in some ways truly think it is better then the simple scroll back option in other games. With "Log" you can see many lines of previous dialogue at once which, with this game, but perhaps it would be even more useful in games like Kana, Private Nurse or Crescendo, allows a quick search of the previous text without having to go to another screen or flip backwards quickly.

It seems to be much better and easier to have a lot of text up there at once to allow a quick skimming of many lines at once. Since it also has the ability to quickly be gotten off the screen with the most recent line of text on screen it continues to impress me as a better and easier system to use in looking back at other text. It is even possible to look back when the character is still talking the most recent line.

Don't know if that is a poor way to describe it, but I truly like this system more then the simple scroll back that is in the same dialogue box as all the other text method, which was mentioned as being previously seen in other games. With this "Log", to me, it seems they have built a better mousetrap, and I hope the "Log" feature as it stands in Slave Pageant catches on for other companies and there games.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 07-17-2004).]