Snow Drop and recommending others

Hi there, I just ordered Snow Drop. I’ve been looking for a dating sim that doensn’t have crazy hentai stuff(I’ve also posted something similar to a yahoo groups mailing list and I ended up getting Snow Drop)…hahha, okay, except X-Change, because that just sounds funny… I think I’ll get that next…

ahem, anyways, I feel kinda weird for being a girl and playing these types of games, but hey, it’s cool! What games would you suggest for me to check out? Also, let me know if this is a stupid post that has already been up before ^_^;;;; (I have dial-up, I did look at some older posts but didn’t see a whole lot)

hello,
well, Snow Drop is one of my favorites, the other ones being:
Private Nurse (fairytale-ish(near the end))
Kango Shicyaouzo (very happy)
Kana (really really moving, sad)

[This message has been edited by exoarchaeologist (edited 07-01-2003).]

Hi there!

First of all, welcome to the Peach Princess BBS.
I already read your question on the ren’ai ML, but I’d rather lurtk there, so I’d not answer your question there.

I think, if you really want to experience a dating SIM, you’d better try “Casual Romance Club” from Libido. It’s a little pricy, but I think it’s currently the only available english localized dating SIM. (The only other dating SIM that comes to my mind is “True Love”, but this one is sold out for quite some time now.)

Actually, most bishoujo games that are currently available are visual novels, some of them multipath [example: Snow Drop], others singlepath [example: Chain].
While multipath-games usually offer varying storylines and multiple endings, the strength of singlepath-games are a consistent and longer storyline with quite more twists and turns.

I seem to come across a lot of posts mentioning Casual Romance Club. has it been translated to English?

as for girls enjoying these games, you’re not the first and you won’t be the last. lol

There are definitely female gamers who enjoy playing these games. They’re just not as open about it as the boys.

Casual Romance Club is a Japanese/English release by Libido. You have the option to select either language in the game. The translation is above par but not perfect. Better than say Hobibox or Gin’iro.

let’s not forget me…i’m a female gamer who loves these games and I am VERY vocal about it

i also highly recommend Casual Romance Club if you like dating sims, it’s really amazing and yes yes yes, it is in english! go to himeya.shop.com (or is it shop.himeya.com?) and pick it up…it’s a little pricey, as it is a dual-language import DVD, but it is soooo worth it

[This message has been edited by ladyphoenix (edited 07-01-2003).]

Welcome kittytreats-san. Hope you enjoy your stay…

Don’t worry, we often get requests for recommendations. And since it really depends on what aspects interest you and what types of stories you like, it’s usually not a complete “repeat” of previous posts. We also have several female regulars here, so don’t feel that weird about these games. Despite what others might think, the players of bishoujo games aren’t all horny guys… (which Ladyphoenix-san just pointed out. Always weird when we post over one another…)

Hmm, I think everyone hit the main recommendations. I’d probably also recommend the Memorial collections. Season of the Sakura in the Jast collection and May Club in the Milky House collection. Again, not straight “SIMs” in the traditional sense, but they come across very well.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas. Let us know if you have any questions. Again, welcome to the board.

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 07-01-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
let's not forget me...i'm a female gamer who loves these games and I am VERY vocal about it [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

i also highly recommend Casual Romance Club if you like dating sims, it's really amazing [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] and yes yes yes, it is in english! go to himeya.shop.com (or is it shop.himeya.com?) and pick it up...it's a little pricey, as it is a dual-language import DVD, but it is soooo worth it [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by ladyphoenix (edited 07-01-2003).]

I did a google search and found it for sale at himeya's shop. but 87 bucks for a game is a tad too expensive for me. *sobs* [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
I did a google search and found it for sale at himeya's shop. but 87 bucks for a game is a tad too expensive for me. *sobs* [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

Well, that's less than two new games from G-Collections and I think it's easily twice as valuable as one of these multipath novels (except, Kana of course!).

No, I am not going to recommend which G-Collections games you should ignore in order to keep the money that should be spent for this title instead, even though I have one or two primary candidates in mind...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 07-01-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
Better than say Hobibox or Gin'iro.

Or some really sulking translations from G-Collections. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

I only think the pronounciations of the english translated text done by the original japanese voice actresses a bit disturbing. They should have kept the entire original japanese voice-acting instead...

Welcome to the boards, seems we been getting a few more poster here which is good, I can only hand so much insanity from the regulars here

If your looking for a dating sim in english then yeah the only ones that aren’t OOP are Romance club and Transfer student. I don’t have romance club but from the reviews here it looks pretty good. That’s probably going to be my next purchase unless PP or g-collections releases another game before I finish Kango2

I think most women will enjoy Kana. While it’s not a dating sim, it has a strong plot, there’s not many hentai scenes, and it’s just so emotional. You actually develop relationships in this game instead of seeing who you can get into bed. Most of the people here who have played Kana has cried during playing it at some point (guess we all just big softies )

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Well, that's less than two new games from G-Collections and I think it's easily twice as valuable as one of these multipath novels (except, Kana of course!).

No, I am not going to recommend which G-Collections games you should ignore in order to keep the money that should be spent for this title instead, even though I have one or two primary candidates in mind...

*blink blink*

I actually have all the g-collections titles (aside from voice plus version of kango, which I won't shell out $$ for at this point). My Kango2 arrived in the mail today (and also Water Closet too). And I just bought XC2 2 weeks ago. I can't afford to get Casual Romance until early next month at the earliest.

Hi!!! Welcome to PeachPrincess World!!!

My favorite hentai dating simulation game: True Love (currently out of print)

quote:
Originally posted by kittytreats:
Hi there, I just ordered Snow Drop. I've been looking for a dating sim that doensn't have crazy hentai stuff(I've also posted something similar to a yahoo groups mailing list and I ended up getting Snow Drop)..hahha, okay, except X-Change, because that just sounds funny.. I think I'll get that next..

ahem, anyways, I feel kinda weird for being a girl and playing these types of games, but hey, it's cool! What games would you suggest for me to check out? Also, let me know if this is a stupid post that has already been up before ^_^;;;; (I have dial-up, I did look at some older posts but didn't see a whole lot)

Dammit, I had a nice reply here and my [CENSORED] computer had to go and [CENSORED] crash on me. (I hate it, it hates me, we're all unhappy, the system works.)

Anyhow, here's the deal. There are, in my opinion, a handful of games bad enough to destroy someone's interest in the bishoujo...megagenre? In all of bishoujo games. There are a LOT of out of print games on that list (Love Potion, Immoral Studies 1/2, and Paradise Heights 1/2 coming to mind).

Also on that list are XChange and DOR. DOR is just...too old to really age well. XChange, on the other hand...if I'd played it first I would've probably stopped there. The game seems to think rape is funny; the rape outweighs the consentual portions. I've ranted about this at length before, so I'll just leave it at "if you want to avoid "crazy hentai stuff", avoid XChange".

As for recommendations of games you DO want...I'm sure everyone has already beat me to the punch on this, but stick with Snow Drop. It really is a very sweet title, and if you do find it a little (or a lot) confusing we're here to help.

I'd also recommend Private Nurse (from G-collections); the characters in this game get to know each other over the course of months, so the relationships develop much more than they do in a lot of other games...it's actually a pretty romantic game.

I haven't played Kana much, but it's strongly recommended if you like story. It's not a happy game by any means, though...

Tokimeki Checkin! is highly recommended. It's actually funny a good deal of the time, and it actually takes quite a bit of work to get the real endings.

Other than that, I'm a bit behind on newer games...so my last recommendation will be Jast USA's collections of older, previously-out-of-print titles. One has Seasons of the Sakura, the other Nocturnal Illusion.

quote:
Also, let me know if this is a stupid post that has already been up before ^_^;;;; (I have dial-up, I did look at some older posts but didn't see a whole lot)

Well, first you need to sell me your soul for a broadband connection.

Also, I don't think it's true that there are no stupid questions...there are plenty of stupid questions, but if you need to ask one and don't you just look _stupider_. Like that one time I didn't know this one friend's name, so I just never asked...until finally like a year later I had to just point-blank ask him. Not a pretty sight.

That said we haven't had THAT many people come in and ask for games that _weren't_ big sex-fests. We've probably had more people come in asking for warez (yes, we've had people ask for warez on a company BBS before...some people really ARE stupid...)

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:

Care to...make a deal? I could make it worth my while...I mean your while...

*grins evilly*

WOW!!! Thank you so much everyone! I didn’t think I"d get that large of response, but now I’m set straight and I’m gonna end up clearing out my check book by the time I’m done with all these games!! XD thank you for all your help!!! And I’m glad that I found out about this place!

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Dammit, I had a nice reply here and my [CENSORED] computer had to go and [CENSORED] crash on me. (I hate it, it hates me, we're all unhappy, the system works.)

Anyhow, here's the deal. There are, in my opinion, a handful of games bad enough to destroy someone's interest in the bishoujo...megagenre? In all of bishoujo games. There are a LOT of out of print games on that list (Love Potion, Immoral Studies 1/2, and Paradise Heights 1/2 coming to mind).

Also on that list are XChange and DOR. DOR is just...too old to really age well. XChange, on the other hand...if I'd played it first I would've probably stopped there. The game seems to think rape is funny; the rape outweighs the consentual portions. I've ranted about this at length before, so I'll just leave it at "if you want to avoid "crazy hentai stuff", avoid XChange".

As for recommendations of games you DO want...I'm sure everyone has already beat me to the punch on this, but stick with Snow Drop. It really is a very sweet title, and if you do find it a little (or a lot) confusing we're here to help.

I'd also recommend Private Nurse (from G-collections); the characters in this game get to know each other over the course of months, so the relationships develop much more than they do in a lot of other games...it's actually a pretty romantic game.

I haven't played Kana much, but it's strongly recommended if you like story. It's not a happy game by any means, though...

Tokimeki Checkin! is highly recommended. It's actually funny a good deal of the time, and it actually takes quite a bit of work to get the real endings.

Other than that, I'm a bit behind on newer games...so my last recommendation will be Jast USA's collections of older, previously-out-of-print titles. One has Seasons of the Sakura, the other Nocturnal Illusion.

Speaking of the memorial collections, I personally see May Club (included in Milky House collection) as somewhat of a dating sim game.

quote:
WOW!!! Thank you so much everyone! I didn't think I"d get that large of response, but now I'm set straight and I'm gonna end up clearing out my check book by the time I'm done with all these games!! XD thank you for all your help!!!! And I'm glad that I found out about this place!

The posters here have no lives. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] [if any of you wanna dispute this statement, raise your hand if you're married w/ kids. :P]

In the meantime, have fun playing. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]