Snow Drop and recommending others

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Care to...make a deal? I could make it worth my while...I mean your while...

*grins evilly*

no, no. I have no plans to divest my collection.

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
The posters here have no lives. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] [if any of you wanna dispute this statement, raise your hand if you're married w/ kids. :P]

You call that a live?
* Thinks of Al Bundy... *

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 07-02-2003).]

quote:
I did a google search and found it for sale at himeya's shop. but 87 bucks for a game is a tad too expensive for me. *sobs* [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

87bucks hmmm is about 52GBP hmm not bad 12 quid more ex than a PS2 game here, but its worth it i guess

EJ.

To Ecchifan:

Does it count if someone is just married without kids? If that counts then I can raise my hand.

Anyway, to kittytreats,

First, you wouldn’t be the only lady here. We have Lady Phoenix and H-Gurl as well.

Most of the bishoujo games that have been brought over so far are adventure and raising sims. Anyway, though, as one of the… er… more… ah aged of the folks here, I thought I’d offer some different titles.

1) Desire. In my opinion, the remake Csware did, and Himeya translated, is an absolutely fantastic game and story. A full 10 marks. Every other game I have, I compare to Desire. Now, Desire is an adventure game (in the old Sierra-style) more than a dating sim. If you do get it, make sure to watch through the credits at the end.

2) Gloria is a great raising sim with a lot of getting to know the other people as well. It has a ton of endings, and a number of pathways to get each ending.

3) Thousand Arms for the PS1. Its dating is a lot more tounge-in-cheek, but it is still fun and gives you a good chuckle. Especially when you consider how much of a ladies man Meis is in Thousand Arms.

4) 2nd the recomendations of Tokemeki Check-In, Kana, and Private Nurse. Tokemeki tends to be light, comedy-romance. While Kana is very dramatic, and Private Nurse can be just as dramatic.

If you like something a bit more macabre and supernatural, then you should also give Divi-Dead a try.

Anyway, those are just some quick ideas.

Oh, and I nearly forgot, Critical Point as well. Not a dating sim, per-se, but it does have a lot of dating sim style elements, blended well with sci-fi and mystery as well.

Just in order to complete my thoughts to the original topics, I want to add some more recommendations, that are not dating-sims, but novels:

1.) Eve Burst Error
This title contains no graphic depictions of sex at all, but it has one of the most fascinating stories, I ever got to read in a bishoujo game.

2.) Chain
Story-wise a runner up to Eve Burst Error, but didn’t surpass it. Instead it added graphical sex, even with animations.

3.) Tokimeki-CheckIn!
Still the best PeachPrincess game I ever bought. Might have just recently been surpassed by X-Change2, but the latter contains more of “crazy h…” - no, can’t bring myself to really type that word! (Also, I didn’t buy the localized X-Change2 yet, so the first sentence is still true IMHO.)

4.) Kana -Little Sister-
Certainly not a funny game, but emotionally very touching. A good collection of b-games should have a copy of this one.

5.) Tottemo Pheromone, Kango Shicyauzo, Kango Shicyauzo2
They are all funny games from Trabulance and I like their style very much. But there are also quite different opinions. However, they all contain a certain amount of sex, so they may contain again “crazy h…”. You should perhaps elaborate what you mean by this?

quote:
The posters here have no lives. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] [if any of you wanna dispute this statement, raise your hand if you're married w/ kids. :P]

In the meantime, have fun playing. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Can I raise someone else's hand?

quote:
no, no. I have no plans to divest my collection.

Yes, but what have you done with your soul recently? I mean, really? Trust me...this won't hurt me a bit.

quote:

Now, now, it's not nice to go around blurting the truth like that...

Just kidding. But you do need to remember that quite a few of the regulars are still college age and probably aren't even considering marriage yet. I know that a lot of the guys I knew in college who were considering marriage usually were going to wait until they establish themselves a little in a career before marrying. (Me, I'm a dedicated bachelor, since I can't think of a single woman who would put up with my foolishness for long... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] )

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Thomas:
To Ecchifan:

Does it count if someone is just married without kids? If that counts then I can raise my hand.

Anyway, to kittytreats,

First, you wouldn't be the only lady here. We have Lady Phoenix and H-Gurl as well.

Most of the bishoujo games that have been brought over so far are adventure and raising sims. Anyway, though, as one of the... er... more... ah aged of the folks here, I thought I'd offer some different titles.

1) Desire. In my opinion, the remake Csware did, and Himeya translated, is an absolutely fantastic game and story. A full 10 marks. Every other game I have, I compare to Desire. Now, Desire is an adventure game (in the old Sierra-style) more than a dating sim. If you do get it, make sure to watch through the credits at the end.

2) Gloria is a great raising sim with a lot of getting to know the other people as well. It has a ton of endings, and a number of pathways to get each ending.

3) Thousand Arms for the PS1. Its dating is a lot more tounge-in-cheek, but it is still fun and gives you a good chuckle. Especially when you consider how much of a ladies man Meis is in Thousand Arms.

4) 2nd the recomendations of Tokemeki Check-In, Kana, and Private Nurse. Tokemeki tends to be light, comedy-romance. While Kana is very dramatic, and Private Nurse can be just as dramatic.

If you like something a bit more macabre and supernatural, then you should also give Divi-Dead a try.

Anyway, those are just some quick ideas.

hmm... recently married? honeymoon period could be just as stressful. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm surprised you brought up Thousand Arms, but yes definitely that's a dating sim. A lot of people hated it, but there are just as many fans out there (myself included).

quote:
hmm... recently married? honeymoon period could be just as stressful. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm surprised you brought up Thousand Arms, but yes definitely that's a dating sim. A lot of people hated it, but there are just as many fans out there (myself included).

I hated Thousand Arms with an unholy passion. Of course, I found the 'dating' to be very blah, so your mileage may vary.

* The 'plot' was terrible

* Points for originality in regards to the battle system, but 'originality' and 'quality' aren't necessarily the same...I hated the battle system, it just dragged things out unnecessarily.

* I wanted a world map. I have no sense of direction IRL, much less virtually.

* I hated the main character

Of course, if you liked the dating sim parts then it might be worth it to put up with, well, everything else.

Ah yes, I remember Thousand Arms… my friend was telling me about it. Star Ocean: the second story for the psx is kinda dating sim-ish… I love that game!! >.< takes forever to play though!

Well…

What’s about Harvest Moon series?

It is sort of dating simulation game.

They released to SNES, GBC, PSX, and N64.

New Harvest Moon series will come to Gamecube (this fall 2003), and GBA.

quote:
Originally posted by RonXE:
Well...

What's about Harvest Moon series?

It is sort of dating simulation game.

They released to SNES, GBC, PSX, and N64.

New Harvest Moon series will come to Gamecube (this fall 2003), and GBA.

Yeah!! *LOL* I've been playing Harvest Moon for the GBC recentlly, can't wait til the GC and GBA one comes out!

quote:
Originally posted by kittytreats:
Star Ocean: the second story for the psx is kinda dating sim-ish.. I love that game!!

Aahhh! One of the games, I never managed to finish! I really liked the first CD until it's end, but the sudden twist at the end of the first CD threw me entirely off-track. I couldn't get used to the second reality/world/whatever and really missed all the characters that were left behind in the previous reality/world/whatever.

But that puts Star Ocean in good company with Final Fantasy X: I can't bring myself to continue that either, because I am too busy playing Blitzball...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 07-03-2003).]

Since everybody’s recommended what I was going to recommend anyway. I’ll just reiterate on Gloria, which is my benchmark, due to the sheer amount of paths and endings to acquire. Only get it if you use Win 95/98/Me, It’s a massive Pain in the butt to get it working (if at all) in XP.

quote:
(...)

It may be considered bishoujo, yes. It have "dating sim" (a word I dislike to use because it's very inaccurate about what it's supposed to define; I'd rather say a "romantic love game") elements, yes. But it's definitely not a "dating sim", as the focus of the story isn't about Meiss developping a love story with any of the girl.

to etchi-fan

quote:

hmm… recently married? honeymoon period could be just as stressful.

Actually Married for 2 years, 1 month now. But anyways…

quote:

I'll just reiterate on Gloria, which is my benchmark, due to the sheer amount of paths and endings to acquire.

Ah, this reminded me of something. Tekyusei, "Transfer Student", has a ton of paths and endings as well. The graphics are good, but they are like 256 High Color since the game is an older game. I don't recall it having voice support, however.

Anyway, just wanted to mention something else that I totally overlooked as a Dating Sim.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Thomas:
Anyway, just wanted to mention something else that I totally overlooked as a Dating Sim.

Eeeehhh, it's okay to mention it because it exists, but is it really your intention to recommend it according to this thread's topic?
Admittedly, it has the typical dayly-schedule type of gameplay, you expect in a dating SIM, but ...