Snow Sakura from D.O

Has anyone noticed the Extra’s on the YMK disc?

There is a video for an unannounced DO title called “Snow Sakura”. Sounds interesting. Comments?

EDIT: Here’s the D.O. Product Page: (CG gallery NSFW)
http://www.do-game.co.jp/release/soft/yuki/

[ 05-02-2007, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Shade453 ]

Sounds like I don’t deserve this avatar is what my comment is.

Also, Shingo either lied or was unaware.

Translated story details - http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=3631

Story Details: Snow Sakura is set in a Northern province during the month of November. You play as Yuji Tachibana, who lives with his uncle and has had to change schools because his parents are away on a business trip. Also living in the household is Saki, Yuji’s cousin, who has a very warm-hearted personality.

When school starts, Yuji meets some of Saki’s friends, whom he starts to become good friends with over time: The good-spirited guy - Sumiyoshi, and Saki’s closest girlfriends-Misaki and Kozue. Soon after, these five became a close group and would hangout during and after school all the time. Their teacher is actually Misaki’s older-sister, Misato; and along with the Committee leader - Rei, they have become somewhat like parental figures for Yuji.

Rei’s family owns the Nigetsu Shrine. There is a tradition at the shrine during the January snow season where flowers known as “Snow Sakura” would bloom during this period, which Yuji finds captivating.

After the final exams, events that girls find dearest will arrive, which include: Christmas, New Years, and St. Valentines Day. And naturally, feelings of attraction arise among Yuji and his friends. Which couple will it be during Christmas and St. Valentines Day? Afterwards, it will be the first morning where they will no longer be friends; but a couple. Such will be the wonderful memories of a student’s life when their frienship blossoms into a loving relationship. . .

From prev topics: My deductions:

Kango Shicyauzo 3

Kisetsu no Hanayome - The Girl Who Came From the Recollections = Bride of the Season(s) - The Girl Who Came From the Recollections

Yuki Zakura = Snow (Cherry) Blossoms or Cherry Blossoms of the Snow or Snow Sakura

Soldier of Lightening Raidei

Mockingbird +1 and + 5 for getting title right; though I like Snow Blossoms better :smiley:

Lamuness - 1 and -5 cause I got title right.

Feel the warm embrace as Satan’s hoof is placed upon thy face.

[ 05-03-2007, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Yea it seems like semi-decent snowy eroge…but then why this and not err…Kazoku Keikaku? :slight_smile:

Because Kazoku Keikaku is well-known and thus expensive to license.

So the game isn’t out in Japan yet? It will take a long time to get here, then. :confused:

Huh? The game came out on 11/28/03 in Japan. The Mid-Summer 2007 date is for NA.

Edit: I edited my post for clarity’s sake.

[ 05-02-2007, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

It’s been out in Japan since November 28th, 2003.

The “middle of summer” is for PP’s first guess on when they will release it. Ironic for a Winter-themed game to be released in the summer;), though I think it will take a bit longer.

[ 05-02-2007, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Shade453 ]

I was kinda surprised after Shingo said here would be no trailers for unannounced titles to see this one in the Demo Movies. Unfortunately, this is the only surprise, the rest of the video’s are for current titles. I was also kinda surprised that no one mentioned it until now, since the game’s been out a few days.

[ 05-02-2007, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Shade453 ]

not just yet. i myself, as well as peter, would love to hear where you got that so-called release date info from…

I was going to ask him that, But I assumed he used his 1eet “Relentless Journalist” sk1llz to get it:p

(Actually, I assumed he pestered you or Peter for the info:p)

Well, if anyone noticed, it was a ‘hopeful release’ date, so ti can’t be an actual release date.

well, if even myself and the owner of the company are questioning such info (shingo is taking a day off today to attend dream party, but i am sure he will as well once he comes back to work), dont you think something is totally fishy about this (on mockingbird’s end of course)?

ADD:
and phineas, “hopeful” is one thing, but ���scheduled” is a totally different matter

[ 05-02-2007, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

I was being sarcastic there, but I didn’t REALLY suspect a Summer release date for a game that has so far only been announced based on a demo movie on the most recent release. It wasn’t mentioned anywhere on the site, So I assume it in an early phase of translation. I also thought it was interesting that no one brought it up here.

First off, hey, thanks for recognizing my leet skills!

Second, damn whoever changed my avatar image and went a step further to add insult to injury!

I got it from a member of PCR Distribution via IM. I had asked him for a cover image, if possible; but he said he didn’t have it on him and said it’s a title that they were hoping to get out during mid-summer - hence why he did not have it on him. I had wanted to accompany the database entry with a cover image - as with all the other titles and because I’m too lazy to edit it later. Because it was night time in Japan, I didn’t think Peter would be able to swiftly reply; and he was online so I asked him. In the end I had to e-mail Peter for the cover image request anyways. . .

Is the hopeful release date incorrect though?

Anyways, with the exception of 4/1/07’s PP April fools joke - none of the other information should have any credibility issues. (You guys must’ve really been fooled).

Edit: Erm, Lamuness if you want to know exactly who gave me the information then I can tell you via PM because I don’t think people would want others posting their full names without their knowing. Just let me know.

Edit 2: I don’t have a transcript of the conversation, but if memory serves the words were “we hope to get it out mid-summer.”

Edit 3: I did not question the release date he gave me because:

1. He works for Peter.
  2. I had guessed Bazooka Cafe and Pretty Soldier Wars would be out by then.
  3. It makes sense after the announcement of 9 titles in a 1.5 year period.
  4. PP said earlier that they would not announce titles until translation is finished or something of the sort?

Edit 4: If Snow Sakura doesn’t already prove my elite skills, what will? Hey Lamuness, for the title under my name can you change it from “Member” to “Awesome Member?”

Anyways, Lamuness. . .feel the warm embrace of Satan’s hoof on thy face.

1 down 5 to go.

[ 05-03-2007, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Yes, Yuki Zakura (Snow Sakura) will be one of our upcoming titles. We’ll be doing an official post soon. Please note that Summer 2007 is a bit unrealistic though, since it’s, like, summer now. :slight_smile: However I’m happy to say that the translation is already completed for this game.

so there we have it, aint coming this summer. as such, we will appreciate it if mockingbird removes or at least clarifies the release date line to avoid unnecessary false rumors. thank you

and as for mockingbird’s avatar, if he has a problem with it he can always change the link anytime he wishes. this is not forced upon him (i did not lock his profile) and it is his own responsibility and free will to link and steal someone else’s image﹐ and i will appreciate it if you stop making false accusations of me changing your avatar when i have every right to change any files on our end; you just link to it yourself so it’s your problem and total responsibility

It has been removed from my original post. As for the avatar change, I apologize as I was a bit unclear. I meant to condemn the fact that the location of where the original avatar image was has been changed; and wanted to vividly express that I resent that act-despite the fact that said person had every right to, though with very likely questionable incentives. I did not mean to say I was forced to have this avatar.

Edit: Also, in case people did not bother to read my previous post. The release date I listed was not created by myself; see my previous post as to how I was given the information.

[ 05-03-2007, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Ahhh… now Is ee it. I only saw the ‘Hopeful’ part.

In Mockingbird’s defense, I’d say that he was trying to imply a ‘hopefully scheduled by this time’ release.

Actually no. I was saying that was their current plans for release of the title. But once again, it’s cause I was told that.

I was not aware that the Snow Sakura movie was on the disc until today. This was an error of stupidity and ignorance on my part, not one of deliberate duplicity; apologies for the miscommunication, and I’ll be sure to know the contents of the next disc we put out down to the last kilobyte before making definitive statements as to what is or is not on it.

[ 05-03-2007, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

This future release game looks really cool and well draw. We definitely need more renai tittles like this one here. I’ll definitely buy this one when released. :slight_smile:

Looking at the pictures, the characters are very cute. But it’s just me or the sensei character looks like a loli? :smiley:

[ 05-03-2007, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]