Snow Sakura Q&A Thread - Now on sale!

checks CG gallery

…Oh, I found it, its one of Rei’s CG’s. I didn;t notice it playing through…

Also, the beeps are there for one of two reasons:

1. They refer to a copyrighted product (I believe there was a Dragon Quest reference…)
  2. They are slang words for genitalia that are beeped under EOCS regulation. I’ve heard of a few games that were recalled because of uncensored words. Of course, since its part of the original audio, and not much of the English language audience would get it anyway, it doesn’t really matter.

I was talking about the story, but now that I’ve finished the game, I’ve changed my mind.
It’s really a great game and I hope that other games like that will be translated as well :slight_smile:

My favorite path : Saki > Misato > Misaki > Kozue > Rei

(Now I have to choose if I’ll start playing to Yume Miru Kusuri or Ever 17.)

[ 01-06-2008, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: le nuage ]

Arghhh, I wish I still had that decision to make for the first time.

Play Yume Miru Kusuri!!! You won’t regret it! It’s my favorite bishoujo game ever!

Ever 17. It’s much better than Yume Miru Kusuri (though YMK is still a good game).

Soooo…Snow Sakura is doing well, right? Let’s get this licensed! I’m actually surprised there are a lot of you who chose Saki on your first playthrough. Since this mini-sequel has Saki in it, I’m sure a lot of us will be dying to play this!

I second this. I’ve played through most of the PP/G-C catalog and Snow Sakura definitely places in my top three. I’d love to see a sequel.

I should go buy another copy of Snow Sakura then. :smiley:

I’d definitively buy it :slight_smile:
So you can translate it and make one copy a least :smiley:

The sequel in question (Saki’s “love Love” Honeymoon,or ¬ç¬π¬ãI¬Ç√å¬Ç√߬Ç√î¬Ç√߬Ç√î¬Ç√ç¬Ç√ã¬Ç√û¬Å[¬Ç√±) is actually a very short game that was originally offered as a free download to those that purchased another D.O. game, Uminomisa(¬äC"¬π) released in April 2004, and also has characters from that game.

The main problem is it’s length, its a very short game,basically a fan service release. I’m not sure how JAST would distribute it, probably either free to people who purchased Snow Sakura, or perhaps for a small fee, probably as a download.

I’m not really sure how they would handle this, particularly when, as far as we know, they don’t have the rights to Uminomisa, which this game also references…

They don’t have it, Yet! They may get it eventually.

Here’s a question: does anybody know who the artist of Snow Sakura is and what other games he/she has illustrated for?

The Artist is Shikei http://www.angyadow.com/ :slight_smile: (You can read this on the C-Col Product Page too ^^)

[ 01-08-2008, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Nights ]

While playing this game, I came up with a couple questions that I was wondering if those better versed in Japanese culture than I could clear up.

1. I was curious as to why all the characters (except Misaki) usually refer to Kozue by her family name when everyone else is usually referred to by their given name.

2. Listening to the Japanese voice, it sounded like some characters, (Sumiyoshi in particular springs to mind), were referring to Rei as Rei-neesan. Assuming I’m hearing this right, is this just a customary term of respect, or does referring to her as a sister have some more specific meaning?

I believe it is common in Japanese culture to refer to someone you may not be related as “older brother” or “older sister.” It’s a form of respect that’s friendlier than “senior,” I guess. Quite confusing for us incest fans, tho.

Thanks! I was wondering if you know any other games he has worked on?

Yup:
http://www.dreamsoft.jp/niji/index.html

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=6483

and a Fan Disc to ‚Ë‚±‚Ë‚±

Thank you very much! You’ve been a great help! :smiley:

You’re welcome! :smiley:

1. They probably call her by her last name because she’s rich and they think she deserves more respect. Calling someone by their first name is a lot more casual. Since Misaki is such good friends with Kozue, she can call Kozue by her first name.

2. It’s just a customary term of respect. Nee-san/nii-san is used for others when they’re older than you, but still young. When they to middle age they use oba-san and oji-san. When they get to be elderly, the use obaa-san and ojii-san. All those words have family denotations, but are also used with strangers as described.

Sumiyoshi probably uses nee-san instead of senpai because he knew her before going to school. He would have used nee-san then and he probably got used to it.

[ 01-10-2008, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Reikon ]