Snow Sakura Q&A Thread - Now on sale!

So…are you saying that it doesn’t really matter whether I try on Saki’s undies or merely sniff them?

Sigh, you don’t get it.

Some H-games like Crescendo have the ability to affect how the ending goes based on what you choose. I’ll use Ayame as an example. Yes, you can focus on her. But based on your choices, you can also affect how the relationship goes. Do you stay siblings or become lovers? Neither are bad endings but the story can differ a bit.

What I’m getting at is the ability to deviate from one set ending.

You should play Hourglass of summer then.
Seems there are 2000 endings in this game.

I just ROFL’d at one of the censoring techniques D.O. used.

Here’s something from a conversation with Sumiyoshi (transcribed from audio):

S: (Rifle)ga (LMG)re (Grenade)no

Couple of lines later, Yuuji replies with: You’ll piss off the ESRB!!

In the original JPN version, does Yuuji say CERO instead?

One more thing: Newtype =/= Jedi

There is a lot of high quality comedy relief in this game, one of the better points of ownership.

This game reminds me of why I like twin-tail tsunderes.

Finally played through all of the paths. Oddly, the first time I played through I got the bad ending. I steeled my resolve and was able to get through the routes in this order: Misato, Misaki, Kozue, Saki and finally Rei. It was hard to choose between them, but I’d have to rank them:
possible spoiler niblets

1. Saki, flex stuck it to the vice principle
  2. tie Misaki, I much enjoyed the ending, especially the last image with the lil one.
  3. tie Kozue, quite interesting and cute to boot.
  4. close to 2nd Misato (older women are awesome!) stuck it to the vice principle again
  5. not close to 4th Rei, it was somewhat bland. working at the shrine was not enough to have me overlook it.

Well…Bamboo stands in awe of all you guys who have finished all the the Snow Sakura paths, already. I’ve only just finished Saki myself, but, then, I have a life and a whole bunch of other games to play. But from my limited experience with this game so far, it seems like the h-scenes are not that exceptional. (atho it was kind of hot when Yuuji stuck his finger in Saki’s butt) However, I think this game makes up for it with all the wildly funny not-H stuff that goes on. The video letters from Yuuji’s father are a hoot. Too bad we can’t see what Yuuji’s mom looks like. I’d like to see her playing beach volleyball. Also, Sumiyoshi is a pretty appealing character, altho I thought he was pretty annoying at first. But maybe that was because of his odd body language. The way he’s drawn seems to make his head off-center most of the time.

I see icicles outside my window, so it must be time to feed the snow faries.

Chow.

I keep fluctuating about whether I want this or not. I haven’t been ordering games lately because of the promise of things I’m more interested in (Raidy, Princess Waltz) coming up. OTOH, if this is funny, maybe it and YMK will balance each other out? :slight_smile:

(I’ve had very mixed opinions on YMK - I like the art, but from playing the demo I thought the PC-character was a bit of a jerk even WHEN supposedly being sympathetic to Aeka. I’m not sure I could handle the bad paths. I grew up a geeky outcast girl, okay?)

Snow Sakura mostly just suffers from there being too much else on offer… It looks entirely pleasant but nothing about it grabs me and says “PLAY ME NOW!”

Are there any screenshots of the game interface anywhere? Drive me nuts how game screenshots tend to be just CGs… CGs are nice but I’m going to spend most of my time in game looking at the text display, I need to see if it’s comfortable to read! :slight_smile:

Is this what you mean?

It has some unique choice screens…

yes, thanks. :slight_smile:

It’s funny. Oh, is it ever funny! Snow Sakura had me absolutely howling with laughter, so much so that I probably kept the neighbors up (I play late at night.) You should definitely buy the game.

I really liked this Game alot. i have 2 agree that the Story was very Captivating and the Charecters really drew me in. i really gave thought 2 it for it. and in the End it was the Story i like best about Snow Sakura then anything else. though i only have gotten through Rei’s story but she was my Fav ^.^

I do.
YMK is the best eroge.

Whoa… is it just me, or does the head to body ratio look a bit off? :shock:

Or maybe it’s just the dude’s “baby face” has me for a loop. :expressionless:

Nah, I’m pretty sure you’re right. I felt the same way when I first saw him in the game, but after his personality starts to shine, I overlooked it.

You can’t ask the charadesigners to know how to drawn males…
Who cares about Sumiyoshi ? My eyes are focused on the girls when I play SS :smiley:

I would agree if his role didn’t play such a large part in the overall story. He’s in well over half the scenes, if you stop and think about it. Not saying it ruined the game or anything, but it’s one of those little things that takes time to overlook.

Kouhei is a real jerk to Aya in the early parts of the game. I’m not sure if the writers were trying to play up the scenes for comedic effect and to introduce some fanservice, but for me it was easily my least favourite part. I’d still second/third/fourth etc everyone else’s recommendation to get YMK though - most of the game is very good. :slight_smile:

I finally finished Snow Sakura yesterday and must say that I really enjoyed this one. I did Saki’s path last and I’m glad I did, it was a great way to end the game. She turned out to be my favorite and she was actually the little girl from Yuuji’s dream that was sitting underneath the Sakura. But for some reason I was convinced that the little girl was Misaki. My second favorite girl and path was Kozue.