So how many here watch anime and read manga

Just curious as to how many of the dwellers here are still active in watching anime and/or reading manga. Unfortunately I’m still addicted to both which means I could have bought a nice car with the money. Now I’m thinking about collecting cells, god I’m gonna be broke for life oh well as long as I’m having fun. So

currently GTO got my attention. man i just can’t get enough

I am prolly the odd one here, but I am actually one of the very few people out there who really rarely watch anime nor read manga…

I don’t read any manga, or buy the soundtracks to anime, but I’ll watch a select few shows. I have or five or six series right now, most I’m still in the middle of, but that’s probably where it’ll stop. Until something else that catches my eye comes by. Unlike my friend who probably has every anime ever made by mankind, except for the anime that has become “Americanized” as I call it. Which is like me, I don’t watch any anime that has become Americanized.

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
I don't read any manga, or buy the soundtracks to anime, but I'll watch a select few shows. I have or five or six series right now, most I'm still in the middle of, but that's probably where it'll stop. Until something else that catches my eye comes by. Unlike my friend who probably has every anime ever made by mankind, except for the anime that has become "Americanized" as I call it. Which is like me, I don't watch any anime that has become Americanized.

You mean like the Teen Titans on Cartoon Network?

More along the lines of Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Hamtaro. And so and and so forth.

I’ve become a horrid horrid anime addict over the past 5 years, and in the last year or so I’ve become a horrible manga addict. It’s a shame Tokypop had to go and throw away much of the goodwill they engendered by cleaning up their act, when they screwed up the Initial D DVD…Tokyopop blew open the manga market, to the point where it’s expanding at a huge rate, and things I’d given up on ever reading have been translated (Vision of Escaflowne and Saber Marionette J, to name two). As for anime, I’m a huge fan, and am at least passingly familiar with most new shows now, and going back a few years I’m familiar with most shows of note (whether those notes are good notes or bad notes).

Well, I’m a fairly consistent anime / manga reader. I have a huge backlog of what I should be getting / watching that more or less stays the same size. I’ll finally pick up some manga that I’ve been meaning to read… only to see another that I should get.

Anyway, right now Chobits (both manga and the anmie) has gotten a lot of my attention.

I read Anime and watch manga.

Seriously, there’s too much to handle right now I’m wonder whether to just go by fan service now, I can’t handle serious series anymore, panties and boobies for me.

I’m almost done with Blade of the Immortal, I will finish that one, it’s quite a lot of fun and I love raw, uncensored pencil artwork of Hiroaki Samura.

You’re kidding right?

???,
Made in DNA

I am more into anime than games (), and once in a while, manga. I just finished Mahoromatic and I am waiting for my Onegai Teacher DVDs. As for manga, I am reading Chobits.

() There is one exception. OLF and Kagami knows what I am talking about.

About 22% of my monthly hobbies budget are towards manga, 11% towards anime and 67% towards bishoujo games…
I read all the manga I buy in the following week, watched all the anime I buy in the following year and play to all the games I buy in the following… decade? ^^;;;;;

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
About 22% of my monthly hobbies budget are towards manga, 11% towards anime and 67% towards bishoujo games...

These percentages look awfully familiar... ^^;;;

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
I read all the manga I buy in the following week, watched all the anime I buy in the following year and play to all the games I buy in the following... decade? ^^;;;;;

That sounds familiar too. But I think I figured how to get out of this: I'll cut my spendings for mangas and anime and take the time that I would have spent on reading/watching for playing my games.

Of course, I'll have to make a few exceptions and Chobits is among them. Aaaarrgh! I just missed my opportunity to pick up my copy of the third DVD at my local retailer...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-25-2003).]

Well, I’m of course into manga & anime too, but because of my heavy bishoujo-game buying over the last few months, there haven’t been too much of that. However, in terms of manga, I buy one now and then. Currently I’m following the “Blade of the Immortal” manga most eagery, and I want to buy the latest “Dark Angel” too, plus a few more. also, since “One Piece” began to came out in swedish since a few months ago, I’ve been following that one quite eagery as well .

In terms of anime, through there’s a lot that I want, but not enough money… sob, sob. I can only hope that I’ll get some at my upcoming birthday…

Hmm, I do both manga and anime. After all these years, I’m just happy there are so much variety out there nowadays. Don’t particularly have a budget for the stuff. I’m winging it so far…

Sometimes it is interesting. The Love Hina manga is especially fun. I have the original Japanese version, a couple of the bilingual ones, I’ve seen the fan-translated version and I’m picking up the Tokyopop ones. Very interesting to see how things get translated…

With some of the anime that’s coming out, I can’t see how I could even think of not getting them. I’m so much enjoying Ai Yori Aoshi, and I can’t wait till stuff like Comic Party and Initial D finally come out.

Actually, while we’re on the subject of anime…

Anyone remember a thread where we talked about what localized games we’d like to see become anime? It’s vaguely come up on another board and I thought it be interesting to talk about since there have been quite a few more games that have become localized. And I hate opening new topics, I’d just rather resurrect an old one if I can find the thing…

I don’t know I guess Kana could be a good dramatic series as well as private nurse, Chain could be pretty good too. Maybe Kango could be a good comedy series. There’s quite a few new series that just started airing in Japan, like Da Capo, Popotan, and green green tv. I think the plot heavy bishoujo games would make the best adaptions.

Eh. I think Kango is too … thin … aside from the sex parts to make a good TV show. Now Private Nurse might work, but it would be rather uninteresting unless you REALLY did it well–shows based entirely off character interaction are rather hit or miss.

Snow Drop would, I think, work well as a TV show. There’s enough material there to support 13 episodes easily.

Critical Point would work very well, I think, almost as well as Chain, what with its convoluted story paths. You would probably have to take the true ending route, though, to have enough ground to cover in a TV show. You’d probably have to change a few things around (say, for instance, a drug inducing schizophrenia-esque symptoms instead of nymphomania), but overall it could be done rather readily.

I think, “Tokimeki CheckIn!” has enough potential for a series as well. Besides the possibility of introducing new guests in every episode, there is always the possibility that guests from earlier episodes might come back as well.

… and I really want to see the episode when the debutantes with their crowd of friends return to the Yamano-Inn!

I am!!! I watch most anime. I read English manga (many names, I can’t remember all of them) sweatdrop

Currently reading Japanese manga:

Angel Heart
A Creeky Angel
Step Up Love Story
Peach!!!
??? (I forgot its new title of same works of Kodacha creator)
Alice 19th