Succubus Soon/Shera My Witch

I just realized something : even if all those games are delayed… MG released more games than PP.
So let’s be thankfull.

Oh really?

I may be mistaken, but I just went to Mangagamer.com for the first time and so far found there only 6 released games available.
[list=1]
[] Da Capo[/]
[] Shera, My Witch[/]
[] Tasty Shafts[/]
[] Edelweiss[/]
[] My sex slave is a classmate[/]
[] Which girl should I choose?[/][/list]

On the other hand, I have in my collection currently 14 games that have been localized under the “Peach Princess”-label - and that does neither count the two variations of “Critical Point” separatedly, nor includes that any title from the “G-Collections”-label or the old “JAST-USA”-label.

[list=1]
[] X-Change[/]
[] Snow Drop[/]
[] Tokimeki CheckIn![/]
[] Little My Maid[/]
[] Water Closet - The forbidden chamber[/]
[] Critical Point (Limited AND Regular edition)[/]
[] Gibo - Stepmother’s sin[/]
[] X-Change 2[/]
[] Yume MIru Kusuri[/]
[] Brave Soul[/]
[] Doushin - Same Heart[/]
[] X-Change 3[/]
[] YinYang - X-Change Alternative[/]
[] Princess Waltz[/][/list]

And these games are not just listed at some website as downloadable vanishware, but they are physically here present while I am typing this paragraph.

I think he meant “last year”. Really, 14 games from Peach Princess over the almost nine years they have existed is not a very high release rate. Especialy when you consider within the first year, they had released four of those games (Critical Point, XChange, Snow Drop, and TCI). PP is a very slow company, and (so far) MangaGamer is not.

You may say “brand”, but not “company” here!

The big difference: the personnel who originally really only worked on products for the “Peach Princess” label, now also work on the games that are released under the “G-Collections” label.

So, if you want to compare companies, you ought to add the “G-Collections” games that were released after the takeover to their output too (that’s basically every game after “Figures of Happiness”) - adding at least five more games to be considered (which is again almost as much games as MG offers in total!!)

[list=1]
[] Lghtning Warrior Raidy[/]
[] Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048[/]
[] Snow Sakura[/]
[] Bazooka Cafe[/]
[] Amorous Professor Cherry[/][/list]

Plus: the games were all made available on physical media instead of just uploaded on a server.

It still doesn’t change the math THAT much (but it does a bit … thanks for the correction). 19 over 9 years, and 15 over the last 8 is one about one game every six months (after the initial spurt of activity). MG is working a lot faster no matter how you look at the data.

This is not a surprise – we know how they do it. Digital distribution makes it easier in some ways, but not as much as you’d think, it probably only adds a couple weeks overhead per title to ship physical CDs. But it does cost a whole lot more money, and that’s where MG is skimping: money. They’re doing shoddy work, across the board. PP would have never released the initial batch of games, with the “translation” into “English” that mostly rose to the level of barely adequate. Peter would have said “This is unacceptable”, delayed the games, found new translators, and gotten a proper script.

Mangagamer would not have bothered doing an engine conversion for Little My Maid – they would have simply passed on the title altogether, or made do with the existing engine, stripping features as required. They would not have delayed Kazoku Keikaku to run thru the script again and tighten it up, they would have simply released a subpar product.

(And yes, KK was delayed. Just because they didn’t officially announce a date, then officially delay it, doesn’t mean PP wanted the game to take this long. It was supposed to be out already.)

this is the wrong tread to discuss this and good games take time if you want sub-par translations buy mangagamer

I’ll take quality over speed any day. As you can plainly see MG has drastically slowed down on release times ever since they started to put more effort in to translation and editing.(As opposed to using online translating programs and very little editing… You really have to wonder looking at some of their first releases…)

Quality takes time, although that’s asking too much from the “I want it perfect and I want it RIGHT NOW!” age of customers.

But the question, is how long have these games been in translation for? PP actually tells us when work starts ( somewhat ), but MG doesn’t.

The released games could have started 6 months or even a year before they even opened. After this initial batch of games, they could slow down.

Maby they had this planned.
Remember, people could buy ALL ( cept DC and Suika ) of MG’s games before they official opened ( I can provide proof that i purchased ‘My sex slave is a classmate’ and ‘Tasty Shafts’ before MG opened ). So perhaps they had it planned to release 6 games within 1 month of eachother before taking a break to do it again ( we already know they have licenses to another 4 games and it’s been hinted at, that Liquid has more of their games licensed also ).

Perhaps they are going with a system of releasing 1 game a month for X amount of months, then taking a break before releasing the next batch? It would explain all their excuses.

Based on what I know, not very long. :stuck_out_tongue: Major games with relatively long scripts get <2 months for translating/editing. I can only imagine how little time the shorter games get. I have no idea what takes them so long after translating/editing to release though.

Isn’t it obvious? After the translation/editing, they have to go back and purposefully ruin every line of dialogue in the game. That way nobody actually thinks they have native english speakers working on the translation project.

Seriously, the fan translations for clannad and fate stay night are better, and bigger/harder projects, then these games yet there’s no comparison in quality. The fangroups doing it totally volunteerly totally outclass them. The only upside is cheaper prices for us since we don’t have to pay the outrageous prices for the original japanese copies.

That really depends which bits you look at - some parts are well translated, whilst in other places it’s truly awful. I gave up on the idea of using it very quickly, but it’s still readable in the sense that you can follow the plot, and it’s probably better than some of Mangagamer’s stuff, but…

well the afterstory bit was rather wonky, but i had absolutely no issues with the base game with the version of the translation I was using.

Is Succubus Soon worth buying ?
Are there only the two main girls or are there other love interests aswell ?
I just wondered about that.

I haven’t played it for a while but…

If I recall theirs 2 ‘Main girls’ that you can end with.
And theirs 2 other girls you can have sex with but not end with.

Been a long time since I’ve played it, but there was a harem end… I distinctly remember getting all the girls in that route.

I also believe there were two endings for the succubus and your sister: one good, one bad… so that’s 4 more right there.

Short answer: no.

Thanks for your explanations.

I’m running out of visual novels while waiting for the next Peach Princess/Jast USA/G-Collections game.
A lot of time has passed since the last release.

Plus Mangagamer keeps pushing the date of Suika and their other games forward all the time.
I really doubt that they will release all 4 games at April 25th like it says on their site…

http://www.mangagamer.com/r18/

Bought Shera a hour ago for 19.95 Euros (today is the last day of the “Early Summer Sale”), a game translated so badly AND normally priced at 36.95 Euros is almost definitely a fraud, in my opinion.
HOWEVER the fact that 99% of the text is spoken is a real blessing (if you can grasp easy Japanese, of course :wink: ), and because of the reduced price I’m inclined to be merciful, this time :lol: …