Summer Days IN ENGLISH

Overflow has an English demo of Summer Days:

Demo and Movie

Go ahead.

yawn

In other news:

Mirror moon has released some preview shots of Fate/Stay Night.

B-game maker minori up for auction.

To bad they don’t ship overseas :wink:

What’s funny is that it’s actually a decent (though somewhat Engrishy) translation. Seems like a lot of work to go through for a simple April Fool’s joke.

I agree too.

Maybe an actual English version might be developed. Hmmm… though, would anyone be interested ? And, if so, would it be easy to obtain ?

I can only hope. Till then, I just hope it was not just an April Fool’s Joke.

Considering that it was a relatively good release for an April Fool’s Day joke, and Summer Days has some level of fame outside Japan (and is purportedly good), I doubt it’s somethign to really yawn about.

Anyhow, is there anyone who has a link to the mirror of the bogus site, kept for archive ?

Not really, it’s among the worst rated games of 2006 at erogamescape. Played through the demo, and thought it was pretty boring, and the interface felt kinda clumsy.

I know about that:

http://www.darkmirage.com/2006/06/29/0verflow-apologizes-for-summer-days/#comments

It was only rated the worst because of its buggy initial release, and the first few screwed-up patches. But, barrign that, it was pretty good, and, clumsya s the interface was, it was relatively okay (I was more broed playing WInd, but don’t tell NNL that)

Actually, you can tell NNL that. The reason they chose Wind to translate was to show everyone how it’s not as good as people make it out to be.

While that’s partially true, even after patches or bugfixes reviews remained mediocre.
I don’t know what Wind got to do with Summer Days though.

Like hell I will. After all that drama and crap that happened, and the fact that they won’t do another b-game translation makes me po-ed, so telling them it’s boring would only encourage them further.

Besides, it took them two years of effort to make that point known, and, and boring as it is, the game does get interesting on the different character paths, so there’s no way. While I do prefer Mirrormoon, I just hope NNL rethinks their stance on fansubbing these games.

I dunno about SUMMER DAYS, but actually there’s a fantranslation project to SCHOOL DAYS, here.

Bishojo Goddess knows how much time will take to the translation patch be finally released.

[ 04-11-2007, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

I heard about that; it was covered on visualnovels.net along with Summer Days.

however, they’re kinda understaffed, and need the help of anyone with the skills and willingess.

Btw, for all those who want to discuss more about SUmmer Days, and a potential English release for Summer Days:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=931897

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=931897&topic=34625370

I believe it should be an interesting topic, and the boards there could do with more people.

GameFAQs is the last place where you discuss this genre of games…

Tell that to Darkling and the Kana & Crescendo fans. We got a small but substantial community there, and, besides… it’s GameFAQs.

Besides, Benoit, the last place I’d discuss this genre of games is PCGAMER UK & US. Well, maybe US is alright, since its through them that I found out about galge… but it’s UK that seems to be a stickler for conventional Western gaming/console to PC adaptation. Then again, PC GAMER UK produces some of the most in-depth revews and well-thought out articles on gaming, up to the intellectual level, so it’s ahrd to really argue with them. But, yeah; THEY’RE the last avenue I’d discuss galge with.

But whatever. I may have made a few enemies, and I regret it. Terribly.

[ 04-20-2007, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Phineas Lucis ]

And? That’s precisely the problem. GameFAQs is home to a lot of hormonal teenagers and fanboys with the intelligence of a garbage bin and the attention span of a goldfish.

The site’s walkthroughs are good, but the community in general… sucks.

(Again Benoit, you’re making your opinion too publicly known. While it is good in some cases, it’d make enemies in others… and it just sin’t right)

Besides, the way I see it, GameFAQs seems filled less with hormonal teenagers and more with spammers. And don’t diss fanboys; I’m one mself. Perhaps you should try testing them out first, or, at least prodicde evidence as to why they lack’intelligence’. As for intelligence… who is the proleptic manifestation of the coming eschathon ?

The community may suck, but it takes community to produce the FAQs. The users themselves, when they post the FAQs, have a role in their community (which reminds me… where IS Ecchifan)

Eh, it’s pretty much a fact that GameFAQs messageboards are filled with retards. Even though the FAQs themselves are good, the boards are useless unless you feel like giving yourself a headache.

In my experience, the only boards on that site that are tolerable are ones for import games, but even those get ruined once the game is announced for American release.

What’s the problem with making your opinion known? I’m just being honest, instead of masking what I really think.

Ask anyone what a fanboy is to them. You are an exception.

…Since when?