Super Sonico Official Thread

![](upload://wzKZrERbwCSy24UVtA5cMnHYiEm.jpeg)

Hi, everyone. This is a thread where we can talk about the upcoming Super Sonico game from Nitroplus, which we're hard at work on. We're deciding what we'll be putting in the limited edition, and our ideas include an acryl figure by Tsuji Santa (with an original image of Sonico), or an artbook. We'd like to get your feedback and ideas.

The game will be quite cool, a port of the PC version with upgraded graphic elements from the PS3 giving the best overall experience. The Steam version would be included with the package version.

"The game will be quite cool, a port of the PC version with upgraded graphic elements from the PS3 version for the best overall experience."

That's neat.

For LE item, while artbooks are pretty typical, figurines are more exotic. A figurine seems like it'd make a more exciting LE item.

One caveat is that after what happened with Shiny Days you're going to have a hard time getting people to preorder anything. There was a lot of trust lost there. 3 months and one sale later and the game STILL isn't in the condition fans expected at release. Every few weeks I see users off-site asking if the game has been fixed yet.

"elements from the PS3 used THE THE best overall" high quality english there.

Are you gonna remove some costumes 'cause they make the character look too young? (like the school swinsuit).

I'm in for the artbook.

@Alexis: We're removing a few costumes because of licensing issues I think (there might be some anime cosplays that we can't use). Didn't see any swinsuits...

Wow guys, congratulations!, I am eagerly waiting for any Sonicomi announcement, I have been waiting for this game for years so I will surely insta-buy this on day one.

†>A port of the PC version with upgraded graphic elements from the PS3
Awesome!, very good news!. Do you guys plan to include the PS3 music videos, graphic enhancements or the extended endings?

>We’re deciding what we’ll be putting in the limited edition
I am also in for† artbooks,† not quite eager on the figure, also I know it is difficult† but it would be totally awesome to include a music cd with super orbital and/or any other Sonico songs.

>The Steam version
I didn’t know you guys were planning a steam† version, I know it is to ease sales and all but I am kind of worried you are forced to edit/censor something because of steam itself, anyway, hope this is not the case.

Well, good luck guys!

The game has no ero content. What else does Valve prohibit besides explicit sexual content?

I'm interested in the PS3 assets you're bringing over, that was one of my biggest concerns over the announcement of the PC port, that there was a PS3 version with superior graphics and more content. I didn't like the idea of playing an inferior, obsolete version of a game.

I'm very interested in seeing how close to that version this port is and if it ends up being the definitive version of the game you seem to be promising.

Personally, I'd prefer a figure to an artbook, I can see Sonico art easily on a booru, a figure is more unique.

You should just throw both the figure and artbook into the limited edition, or have the figure as part of a deluxe version (only difference being the inclusion of the figure) for those who'd prefer not to have one.

Man I really want to get behind this, I like what im hearing, but considering the state Shiny Days is STILL in, I'm still too salty to get myself invested in this, I don't think the steam release would matter much in the way of censorship considering this game was also released on console i.e there's nothing explicit here afaik, but I'm still weary of potential surprises somewhere down the line outside of censorship.

I will keep a close eye on this project but I have no plans on preordering atm, I hope it turns out much much better than Shiny Days though and if it does release with no issues, I'd consider it.

I would love the figure with the limited edition (or deluxe edition as has been suggested) and the art book as well. If it has to be either or, then the figure would be much cooler.

I look very much forward to seeing the game released.

The figure would be something I would buy over an artbook. Any sort of music inclusion (mp3s, CDs) would be even better. Really looking forward to this, keep up the good work!

Sonicomi out for preorders!

Are you trying to kill me with that $160 limited edition price?? x_x ahh I want it so bad

Also for reference this is what the big body mousepad looks like

ITS HUGE? And has an original design! JAST went all out on this one.

the website has also been updated with designs and details:

sonicomi.com

How long is the game? VNDB says 2-10hrs. $50 is quite a bit for a game of that length. Shiny Days was animated and sold at that price, and it's much longer than that.

is this a brand new sonico figure? like being made specifically for this? :o this design is very cute

It's a totally original image. The figure will be a thick piece of cut acrylic with the image printed on the back, with a stand.

OH my mind must have missed the acrylic part okay that makes more sense. I own an acrylic stand figure thing so I have an idea of how it will look now :3 thanks

Just curious: will there be a difference in the boxes between the Limited and Collector’s Editions? As in, will the box / box art be different to accommodate the huge mouse pad? Or is the collector’s edition more of a bundle deal (limited edition game + cool, otherwise-unattainable collector’s item)?

I’m not sure Sonico is up my alley, but I’m excited about the new things you’re trying here in terms of limited edition goodies. :slight_smile:

the sonico mousepad is being manufactured in japan so it says its shipping separately from the LE copy of the game :o although im curious on what the box(?) for the mousepad itself will look like? or maybe you guys will just do some hard plastic covering to keep it safe instead of a box

I noticed on the preorder page it mentions that

High quality animations from the PS3 version were back-ported to this PC release.

but that's all it mentions in terms of content from the PS3 release, was that all that was brought over? because on this page here it says you're bringing over upgraded graphical elements from the PS3 version.

I guess animations would count as graphical elements, I would just like an elaboration of exactly every element of the PS3 version that was ported over, if it's just animations or if there's more, thanks.

any updates on how this is going? hows the mousepad looking