Surprised no one has snatched these up

ITEM KB007 Princess Maker Cospa Plus Card
Product category: Trading card Number in stock: 13
Weight 50 grams Price $3.50
One of the single most popular games in the simulation realm from Japan is Princess Maker. This series of games has a huge following of fans who enjoy the life simulations they present. Now you can get a pack of 10 cards from the game itself featuring costume cards, ending cards, rival cards, character illustrations and much more. There are 10 different categories of cards including specials for a total of 117 cards to collect. Get your pack today!

http://images.jlist.com/c8/princess_maker_d89.gif
http://images.jlist.com/c8/princess_maker_d90.gif

Click to search → http://www.jlist.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?ss=KB007&function=search&rating=R

I got smart a long time ago an gave up card collectying. I did break my rules when I bot entire boxes of policenauts cards for 500yen.

[This message has been edited by smog (edited 06-29-2004).]

Yeah… the last thing I need to do is start card collecting again. Besides, the bishoujo game collecting is taking all my money at the moment

Yeah my money goes to Bishoujo games too.

Thomas looks in his empty wallet

Well, people would be more interested if a Princess Maker game was translated (hint hint ).
I like how Princess Maker 4 looks.

Anyway, it’s only $3.50, and I’m kind of interested, so who knows if I pick one up in the near future.

Heh, it is a little harder to get excited about the cards when you havn’t played the game. Been fighting the temptation. My budget is in shambles as it is…

I have very little interest in cards… Release the game (those are from PM1, no? We want!) in translation and I’ll happily buy a bunch of cards to go with!

… still desperately begging for the games, yes, I am…

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Anyway, it's only $3.50, and I'm kind of interested, so who knows if I pick one up in the near future. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Er... They're like potato chips--you can't stop at just one; trust me [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

I agree with everyone else, though--the card appeal would go way up if we had the game to play (hel-LO, is anyone listening?)

quote:
I agree with everyone else, though--the card appeal would go way up if we had the game to play (hel-LO, is anyone listening?)

Of course not, Gainax hates us. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img] (this is supported by the fact that the rights for overseas licenses has been handed over to some asian company)

I too think the cards appeal would go way up with the games being released first.

Not sure if Gainax hates us or not, remember the beta version of PM2 is highly pirated, so perhaps if they do hate us some of it is justified. Still though, seeing how highly pirated PM2 is, I would think that would give them an excellent reason to believe later versions of Princess Maker could and most likely would sell quite nicely on this market, since they could also sell to a wider range of people then just those of us and those like us, on this board.

Yes that would be before these games too become pirated, as sadly happens to most games, but since it does happen to most games and since they might and probably do have very good reasons to believe another verison of Princess Maker would sell nicely, I am still curious why they have not tried this market with at least one release of a PM game a more recent Princess Maker game.

I have heard some of what they say are their ‘reasons’ but once again given the popularity of PM2 even in pirated form, I am not sure some of their reasons hold up.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 07-01-2004).]

not too surpised… people gave up cards a long time ago… trust me, Magic, Yugioh, Pokemon are all dead and hentai cards… too risky for kids and grown up have real relationships and don’t need hentai cards. It was popular but a year has passed and now TV shows rule… not cards

quote:
Originally posted by sdfadsa:
not too surpised... people gave up cards a long time ago... trust me, Magic, Yugioh, Pokemon are all dead and hentai cards... too risky for kids and grown up have real relationships and don't need hentai cards. It was popular but a year has passed and now TV shows rule... not cards

Expect for the cards tied into TV shows and games, those seem to be still popular amongst kids, and are these truly hentai cards or just cards based on a game?

Yu-Gi-Oh! is still very popular. Currently it’s what sells the most around here at the manga shop.

And Princess Maker has NO HENTAI.

quote:
...grown up have real relationships and don't need hentai cards. It was popular but a year has passed and now TV shows rule... not cards

Aw... Come on... That would be like saying "Grown ups have real relationships and don't need hentai games!" I went through a period of collecting very *ahem* "adult" cards, and probably would have kept it up, except that I moved to Sacramento, and couldn't find a store that actually sold the things. And I still have collected gaming cards, if the game interests me. Oh, and by the way: Yes, I am an adult, and I do have real relationships [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Wolfson (edited 07-01-2004).]

quote:
not too surpised... people gave up cards a long time ago... trust me, Magic, Yugioh, Pokemon are all dead and hentai cards... too risky for kids and grown up have real relationships and don't need hentai cards. It was popular but a year has passed and now TV shows rule... not cards

I will assume you meant "Magic the Gathering". MTG dead? I am not sure where you got that from, as it is quite popular and kicking (it does not even have a TV show tied in!). BTW, this mark the first time I read about MTG and "hentai" on the same line...

That is a rather unusual pairing isn’t it?

I know Pokemon, although the main frenzy seems to have ebbed, is also going strong. My friend at a shop that sells the cards got a lecture the other day because he mis-identified some of the little critters. Always nice to get a stern lecture from someone a third your age…

Heh… I just picked up a cute little book that takes a poke at gaijin fitting into Japanese culture, and learned the interesting (to me, anyway) origin of the name “Pikachu” (the primary little critter from Pokemon, for those of you who actually don’t know). It stems from the Japanese love of onomatopoeia: “pika-pika” (the sound of a bright flashing light); “chu-chu” (the sound of a mouse)–“Pika-chu”… Oh well… I thought it was interesting

Sound of a mouse? I thought that was the Japanese name of the species.
I didn’t know the origin of the pika part though, thanks for the info. I find that interesting too.

According to my dictionary, the very small mouse is the very long hatsukanezumi. (Urgh… I’m never going to memorize that )

Yu Gi Oh is most certainly not dead. Ask my mother (she teaches 1st grade).