Survey Results Up

Over at G-Collections, the Survey Results are up.

And no, this isn’t West Palm Beach Florida. No calls for recalls allowed.

Too bad about no recounts and hey, if they ca do it to get a man elected President, why not for these games? Anyway I am sure about second place one, it looks like another possible dark themed plot, or is that not true from those that can better translate the Japanese portion of the game description?

I am actually sorry the fifth and third place games did not place a little higher. Actually my top two choices finished third and fifth respectively. Does anyone know if at least the third place finisher be translated eventually since it did get close to 200 votes? G-Collections posted before if they can, will share, and know of the long range plans for that game (Anata no Osanazuma) and also what fate awaits the others I am curious.

What’s everyone else think of these results?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 07-30-2004).]

Well i’m happy that the two games I wanted translated the most are going to be brought over. But alas, i’m sad we probably won’t see the bottom 3 at all… or at least anytime soon at least.

Can’t have everything, can we?

Actually,… I meant to say “Recount”, not “Recall”. Too instinctive, though, for a Californian, to say “Recall”. XD

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Anyway I am sure about second place one, it looks like another possible dark themed plot, or is that not true from those that can better translate the Japanese portion of the game description?

I am actually sorry the fifth and third place games did not place a little higher. Actually my top two choices finished third and fifth respectively. Does anyone know if at least the third place finisher be translated eventually since it did get close to 200 votes? G-Collections posted before if they can, will share, and know of the long range plans for that game (Anata no Osanazuma) and also what fate awaits the others I am curious.

What's everyone else think of these results?

Were we supposed to rank the games? I just voted for my favorite one, which is like yours, #3. I hope that my vote wasn't thrown out like in Florida. I certainly hope that it gets translated.

As for the second game, the graphics and character designs look great, but it is indeed a violent game. It's your half-sister that's the main heroine, so you know that any kind of relationship with her can't be the consensual kind.

Personally, I really don't like violent games.

So number two does tend more toward the Gibo style beyond the family member, half, adopted, step, whatever, family member involvement?

See my qualm at least with them just throwing three (Anata no Osanazuma) out is three is closer to two then two is to one in terms of total number of votes (the difference between two and three is only 66 votes whereas the difference between two and one is 143 votes more then double the difference between two and three). I know it still finished third, but being that close to two, isn’t it worthy of at least being put up for translation sometime hopefully early but even mid or late next year?

Okay part of this is also has to with three, at least to me, making a far less dark game (a trend that seems to be seen in the last three games released two by G-Collections one by Peach Princess) then two, which would actually be a nice change of pace, a light game. Okay that is a slight side issue that showed in my voting.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 07-30-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Vaga42Bond:
Over at G-Collections, the Survey Results are up.

And no, this isn't West Palm Beach Florida. No calls for recalls allowed.

~Nyyyau~

:blink:

Where am I?

This survey represents a strong (and useful) indication for G-Collections: STOP with Trabulance/Sekilala games!! (me, I’ve given my vote for Nyan-Nyan).
However, I will surely buy Anata no Osanazuma, if G-Coll. releases the English version (I’ve always refused to pay 8800 Yen+taxes for JAPANESE Trabulance/Sekilala games -wasted money, in my opinion-).

I’m glad with the survey results.
The cat-girl game ended up first, which is what most, including me, wanted.
The second game someone on this board wanted because of the great art, and I hadn’t heard of anyone wanting any of the three others…

Yes i’m glad too!!
We are going to have cat girls to play with

Hitomi -My Stepsister… Hmmm, is it a coincidence that this title is reminiscent of another translated (and generally well received) G-Collections game?

Does anyone know what the literal translation of ‘Gimai-Hitomi’ is? (If it translates to ‘Hitomi, My Stepsister’, shoot me now and put me out of my embarrassed misery.)

I voted for the cat girl game in the end becuase the artist behind it did marionette company, and not for the game… Well I hope its decent.

quote:
Originally posted by Darkling:
Hitomi -My Stepsister... Hmmm, is it a coincidence that this title is reminiscent of another translated (and generally well received) G-Collections game?

Does anyone know what the literal translation of 'Gimai-Hitomi' is? (If it translates to 'Hitomi, My Stepsister', shoot me now and put me out of my embarrassed misery.) [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I believe it is also a pun of sorts. Gimai means "stepsister", while her name is Hitomi. But the Japanese name Hitomi means "eye", so the title could also be loosly translated to "eyeing my stepsister". At least that's what I've heard.

Survey result are OK to me. But I thought that Trabulance games will be more votes…

Few things I found out:

Jason4: That pretty much is the rest of the year’s list. Usually, G-Collections caps the year with a dark game that comes out just before Xmas. (Lovely gift for the whole family!) Odds are, the survey was to decide this year’s last few games, and the rest for next year or something.

Baldo and Computermania: Actually, the reason for theshowing of Trabulance games was probably due to the vote being split between TWO Trabulance games. (And Baldo: Heathen! Worship the Trabulance. XD )

And word from G-Collections HQ was that Gimai-Hitomi literally means Stepsister-Hitomi.

<3 the Trabulance games <3

Claps

My first choice came in second and my second choice came in first, now if I was only this lucky in the lotto.

quote:
Originally posted by Vaga42Bond:
Baldo and Computermania: Actually, the reason for theshowing of Trabulance games was probably due to the vote being split between TWO Trabulance games. (And Baldo: Heathen! Worship the Trabulance. XD )

That is debatable. If you look at it that way and add all the votes for both Trabulance games together, the totals become:

(original 4th place): 88
Trabulance Powers Combined : 244
Gimai-Hitomi: 245
Minna de Nyan-Nyan: 388 (~nyaaa~)

One of the Trabulance games was dead last; this is the one that appears to be most similar to something they've done before (Tsukushite Agechau 4 / Oshiete Agechau 2). That game was soundly crushed. The 3rd place game looks much better (and in fact I wouldn't mind seeing it instead of Gimai-Hitomi) but it still lost by a wide margin.

Even combined, Trabulance still doesn't get into 2nd place. Granted that's by one vote, statistically totally insignificant. But it still happened. Both of the Trabulance games combined would have been elmiminated.

I can draw the following conclusions from this:

* We'll probably see more catgirl games. The catgirl game crushed everything else - more than 1 in 3 people voted for it (40% of all votes cast) and it got more than 1.7x its closest competitor.

* There were 2 dark-looking games on the list. The darker of the 2 came in 4th place, with less than 10% of the votes cast. This may be because of other factors (say, futanari) but GC may draw a conclusion for "less dark titles" from this.

* Trabulance may be deemphasised going forward; one of their two titles (the one most like the ones they've done before) was CRUSHED. Even the Trabulance game that looked good, was significantly behind.

* The two games that won are different than their usual fare. One is potentially dark, but the storyline is not one usually addressed. (Gibo is similar, but only recently came out, and is not a GC title.) And then there's the catgirl title ==^_^== which a lot of us have (futilely) been wanting for ages. This may encourage GC to take a more eclectic approach.

Then there's the question that's probably on the minds of more people than just me - what about plot-heavy games? None of the choices were particularly deep-looking. There are two ways to look at this, basically flip sides of the same coin.

* G-collections did not receive negative feedback (in the form of a plot-heavy title getting crushed like the 4th and 5th place titles did).

* G-collections did not hear a resounding cry for more plot.

I'd blather on [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] a bit more, but company has arrived. So I'll end with this:

G-collections should do this more often; we'll likely see better games come out from this voting process. I also hope they put a plot-heavy title (say, Kazoku Keikaku) on the list the next time they do this.

Yes totaly agree with you. And yes they should do this kind of surveys more often

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
I'm glad with the survey results.
The cat-girl game ended up first, which is what most, including me, wanted.
The second game someone on this board wanted because of the great art, and I hadn't heard of anyone wanting any of the three others...

Well in some posts I have said that I wanted the third game which falls in any of the three others. kasumi also mentioned the third game being the favorite so there are people speaking of wanting at least one of the other three.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:

One of the Trabulance games was dead last; this is the one that appears to be most similar to something they've done before (Tsukushite Agechau 4 / Oshiete Agechau 2). That game was soundly crushed. The 3rd place game looks much better (and in fact I wouldn't mind seeing it instead of Gimai-Hitomi) but it still lost by a wide margin.

With the Trabulance games there is no argument that the one finishing fifth is similar to at least one if not two others they released (which could be a good thing yet that's another issue), but third place did not finish outside of second by a wide margin in my opinion. It finished only 66 votes out which is far less (less then double) the distance between second and first (143), so in truth though 66 away I would consider it close enough to put up on the translation block since second counts and it is very close to second. No other games are as close together as those two are while finishing with over 170 votes. So it is close enough I still say it should be translated hopefully in the near future since there is no question I would rather see it then the second place winner, one of the reasons I voted for it and not the second place finisher.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 07-31-2004).]

quote:
Well in some posts I have said that I wanted the third game which falls in any of the three others. kasumi also mentioned the third game being the favorite so there are people speaking of wanting at least one of the other three.

Nowhere else than this thread, as far as I know. Of course, I could be horribly wrong.