Tell me a little more about Family Project

What other details about family project do you guys know about besides the simpler synopsis. This is THE game I’m looking forward to and I’m even considering buying multiple copies for my friends just to ensure that this sort of game is released more in the future. Anyway I was just wondering what the general direction the plot is heading in and what kind of environment the game is at.

I really want to play this game too, it’s the one I’m looking forward to the most. I’m also looking forward to Princess Waltz, Catgirl Alliance.

[ 12-29-2007, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: GogetaSS4 ]

I’m really looking forward to Family Planning too. The unusual family relationship is a real intresting set up. Too bad the “Dad” isn’t one of the options for a romantic intrest though.

lol then that would be Yaoi. That would turn me off of the game.

Yeah it would be yaoi- which is what I’m more interested in :slight_smile:

Very much looking forward to Family Project. I, like the OP, am also interested in hearing more details or information about this game.

I hope not, but you never know. But even if it did that wouldn’t stop me from buying this game. I’ve been wanting this game for so long.

I can definitely see this game having rape scenarios in it.

And you’ve come to this conclusion how? It doesn’t seem to me like it would have rape. If it does I am almost positive it isn’t very much at all.

As far i know, there’s no rape in FAMILY PROJECT.

Apparently, that’s a strongly story-focused D.O. game in the same way than KANA-LITTLE SISTER and CRESCENDO, so if there’s a - if any - rape scene in it, probably will be story-focused too.

Still, from the CGs i saw, probably will be a light, ‘feel good’ game, not focused in dark themes.

I’ll actually be glad if there is no rape, I’d rather have it be consensual. I can’t wait to play this. This is the game I’m most excited about.

Yeah me too (but I think princess waltz is more interesting) because one of the girl really looks like Tsugumi from ever17 and I am so sad since there were no sex scene in ever17 lol :smiley:

[Ever 17 Spoiler]

Sure there was. They just happened to fade to black when it happened. lol

[/Spoiler]

Anyways, if anyone is interested and/or hasn’t seen it yet, here is the company web site for Family Project. They have some voice samples up over there as well. http://www.do-game.co.jp/topic/050203_soft_01/index.htm

I’m really looking forward to this one as well, the story sounds really interesting. This game and
Cosplay Fetish Academy are definitely my two most anticipated titles. I like ones that are emotionally
involving like this one and I like the comedy style games as well so Cosplay sounds interesting in the
same way Maebari would be interesting. Can’t wait until these get a bit closer!

It’s not a conclusion, just a thought, really. I’ll be glad if there’s no rape scenario in the game.

After looking through the game CG again I can guarantee that there is no rape visually depicted in the game. I haven’t finished reading the entire scenario yet so I’m not 100% sure that it’s not referenced somewhere in the story, but I can’t stress enough that if it is it’s not a major aspect of the plot at all. This game did not become famous for being nasty and brutish or glorifying criminal acts - it’s a moving, heartwarming story about a group of outcasts banding together as a family and surviving against the odds, not a rape sim.

That bit about entire scenario makes me curious about how this game is structured… Is it one flowing story line, or does it branch into multiple paths? That also leads me to the question of how many endings it has in total?

Thanks for the info. The Family Project is now officially on my ‘buy as soon as it comes out’ list. :smiley:

There are five “good” endings, one with each of the female protagonists, whose stories are explored more deeply depending on who you choose to pursue. I’m not sure how many bad or average endings there are at this point. I should clarify that like most eroge the game scenario is divided across several dozen files, not presented as a single uniform story; in fact, Kazoku Keikaku has more selection points than any game I’ve worked in the past year - around 100.

Thank you for clearing that up and the response. You had me confused when it sounded like you were saying there was only one scenario, when everything I’d heard indicated there were branches. Though I never got around to playing the JP version, the more I hear about this title, the more interested I get.