The Baldur's Gate topic

Reputation 0? 8)

Edit: How can you call yourself lawful? More like chaotic.

Only because I can’t be chaotic and a Kensai. I must be a Ronin. :wink:

That or my perception of lawful, just happens to involve a lot of systematic killing.

Have you played Overlord? It’s not a strategy game like Dungeon Keeper - and it’s hard to describe what genre it is, actually - but it has a similar ‘you play the bad guy’ premise.

From what I understand, Overlord took a lot of it’s inspiration from the Dungeon Keeper series. I did play the PC demo a bit, but the controls were terrible. I’ll probably try it again on console when and if I ever get around to getting a 360.

Yep, no argument there. It was kind of clumsy sweeping your minions across the screen. A more precise control scheme would have been better - maybe a targeting area that you could sweep around the screen instead.

I’ve started playing BG1 again, using the EasyTutu mod that allows you to play it with the BG2 engine. I’m assembling my party and wishing there were more clerics out there. Currently my only healer is Branwen, and apparently it’ll be ages before I run into Yeslick (the only good-aligned cleric). At this stage, I’d even settle for Jaheira, but I don’t have room in my party for Khalid.

I like the BG1 style better (same engine though). I think I’m going to play BG1 again too. 8)

Why can’t we post screenshots which are 640 x 480 . :cry:

Please, Please, Please Bioware Don’t release Dragon Age til it’s ready. Don’t give in to your new Evil EA Overlords and release it early. We fans of BG want this spiritual sequel to be everything the BG series was and more.

Bioware was my favorite company. But after Mass Effect not anymore. And I didn’t like it when EA took over.

My favorite now is Bethesda Softworks. Can’t wait for FO3. 8)

Or better yet, make it a Wii game. :mrgreen: The Wii-mote would have been perfect.

Of course I agree that a “target lock” would have helped immensely.

I am actually playing through Baldur’s Gate right now (albeit in it’s TuTu form). I started playing like a month before BG1 Unfinished Business became available for TuTu. I currently have a True Neutral Swashbuckler, and my party has Imoen (dualled to Mage, Viconia, Kagain, Ajantis, and Kivan (hooray for neutrality). It’s been alot easier this time through, and I am currently at chapter 5.

The first time I beat it, back in the day, I had a Neutral Good Ranger and used Immy, Khalid, Jaheira, Ajantis and Xan (greatest NPC ever… Our quest is vain!).

Hmm, and it looks like the Imoen romance mod up and disappeared. And I never got it, damn. The first time I romanced Jaheira, this time I am going for Viconia though :smiley:

If you’re talking about the link I mentioned, the Imoen romance site has limited bandwidth per month, so try again come April. Unless of course, the site has finally died, and if that’s the case I’ll see if I can dig it up and make it available.

I’m playing BG1 with this mod installed:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg1npc/index.php

It adds conversations and romances to BG1. I was initially a bit sceptical about the idea, but they’re well-written for the most part. You can’t romance anyone who’s romanceable in BG2, though. Well, Jaheira’s a married woman in BG1, anyway.

I never use mods. I only play the original stuff.

Good for you. I notice a lot of negativity in your posts (disagreeing with what other people have said). Care to tell us what you like about the game?

You should give it a try. There are a lot of very high quality mods out there that can greatly improve the enjoyment of the game. More so if you’ve already played the game through several times without mods, it can bring life back to a game you’re already familiar with.

I’m actually quite surprised at how good the NPCs mod for BG1 is. The people who wrote it really seem to know their Forgotten Realms lore. Branwen and Dynaheir are fighting over me (similar to Jaheira and Aerie in BG2), but they’re also discussing their backgrounds and cultures in quite a lot of detail. The content is well thought out.

Of course, I think I ummed and ahhed a bit too much, so now neither of them is interested in me anymore. I guess I should have been more decisive and definitively chosen one of them to woo, instead of trying to keep my options open with both. sigh

The complexity.

I had some bad experiences with mods. :x

Most of the quality mods have self installs, and the only thing required of the user is to confirm or decline optional components. I can’t say that’s very complex. Perhaps you just picked a bad mod to start out with. Any mods from these following sites, I can personally say work just fine and use a self installer.

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/
http://www.gibberlings3.net/
http://www.spellholdstudios.net/

Thanks, I will remember this the next time I install BG.

Right now I’m waiting for “Hard to be a God”. A BG-like game.

WHoa whoe, hold the phone there. Bioware WAS? Mass Effect, no more? What sort of unholy combination of words are those? What witchery is this?

Seriously though, what’s wrong with Mass Effect? Yeah EA took over but last I checked the crew in command was still Bioware (props if anyone gets reference).