the big announcement your guess

I wouldn’t like a re-release of some Hirameki stuff. I like the fade to black effect that still hints at what happens. I haven’t seen all the endings for Phantom of Inferno, but it is clear what happens during the obscure scenes I saw. As for Hourglass of Summer: the original didn’t need H content, so I do feel it isn’t needed as there isn’t an argument saying we didn’t get a full game. I can’t think of other games that could be un-neutered, but I would love to have a chance to play Eve Burst Error.

If I could make a new guess I would say an announcement of an all ages branch. MG has one, I don’t see why JAST couldn’t. I can see if people like the sex romp games that they think it is a waste of time, but I’ve never felt an h scene added much. I know the sales differences between the two versions in Japan, but I think offering some is a good thing.

A non-DVD-PG version of (say) Hourglass of Summer would be much appreciated though. The technical difficulties inherent in the medium have kept me from really playing any of their titles. And didn’t several routes get cut out of Tea Society of a Witch?

Tea Society is one of the games I didn’t play :X. I would love a PC version of the PG Phantom or Hourglass of Summer and I was about to mention that. The format of the games are the main reason I’ve only played two routes on each so far. It is fun to hope for these things. I just think a Steins;Gate release would be more likely than a re-release of those.

Tea Society and that Gothic BL title are the only ones that had cuts at Hirameki’s end. Both cases it would seem were ‘age’ related. Hourglass got its rep because when it came out the H-version that went along with the racier anime was better known; but the version we got was the original. A few other of the DVD games were existent all-ages versions.

An all ages set of titles for Peter would make a lot of sense. He’s already been selling whatever Hirameki product he gathered up and it would be nice to see if any of the licenses of the several unreleased Hirameki titles were still valid. Plus, someone’s got to give us the rest of Infinity!

From what I’ve played, the new Methods to Conquer the World game isn’t really a fan-disc, it’s a downright full-fledged sequel. I think it actually has MORE content then the original game.

a new game announcement will be monday
Also coming on Monday, the last (but not least) of our three announcements to kick off 2011. Which game will it be…?
http://twitter.com/jastusa
here is hope for 3 methods to conquer the world

I for one am hoping for another XUSE game. Well, a particular XUSE game… but what the hell, any XUSE game. How about Barbaroi or that tentacle one?

EDIT: Actually, best idea: JAST licenses Garden and makes CUFFS finish it.

My guess is a Crowd game, or a Pulltop game.

If it’s from Pulltop, I hope it’s this game:

http://accany.wordpress.com/2009/09/04/ … AE-review/

Another thing the announcement could be is that a deal was finally made with Propeller and we’re getting either Bullet Butlers or Ayakashibito

Or Kitto, Sumiwataru Asairo Yori mo.

I think it’s probably going to be a deal with a new company. A new title from an existing company wouldn’t be a big announcement that you build up like this, it’s just an announcement. Also that’s what the other two announcements were, and after that announcing a game from a company they’ve already worked with would be kind of anticlimactic.

So I wouldn’t expect anything from Will, or Crowd, or Pulltop, or even from Nitroplus or Alcot.

That’s about as likely as Saihate no Ima.

Nah, any of these would be pretty huge announcements. I doubt anyone would call an announcement that JAST is releasing Asairo ‘anticlimactic’. Of course, it’s still not going to happen~

The first two seemed well received enough, so I don’t think the third will be that huge. Then again it is common to save the best for last. Hopefully a Key game or an equivalent. My impression is that MG gets better drama games than JAST, so I hope they’ll expand a little more with something big like what they did with Aselia and all ages.

I wonder if the new announcement is going to be for Muv-Luv + Alternative. It would fit the recent thing they’ve been doing for licensing in-progress projects to save time + TL effort, although it’s hard to tell if age would go with JAST USA over MangaGamer or possibly publishing it themselves. I personally interpreted the arrangement as age publishing it themselves; of course, this would be a highly unusual move.

It could be a deal with Age, or with Innocent Grey, or it could also be a title from people they’ve worked with before. It might even be a deal with a company nobody expects right now. Honestly after the Osadai and Aselia announcements I have no idea what it’s going to be.

My guess’s Daiteikoku but that’s me being really optimistic.

Daiteikoku is the reason AliceSoft has blocked off foreign users from its site. I don’t think they would turn around and offer it to foreigners after that!

Muv Luv Alternative is honestly my best guess.

But if they could pull a game from Eushully out of their sleeves…like Ikusa Megami Zero…

A bet they lose one night in drunken gambling. I can hope for that.

It is obviously Comyu and Ruitomo! …

… yeah right, I wish…