the big announcement your guess

Well, the thing is, whenever Jast licenses a game we tend to think that more from that company will also be licensed. But as far as recent heavy-hitter games are concerned that hasn’t been the case. Remember that poll about picking which game from WILL we wanted to see licensed? I don’t remember who the winner was, but I’d like to see THAT as the next announcement.

I’d like to see upcoming games optioned. TENSHI NO HANE WO FUMANAIDE!

So apparently the February big announcement is … the new brand Jast Densetsu? And the actual game announcement will take place “tomorrow”.

Jast is known for delays … but they’re even delaying the announcement of a game now? :wink:

So, Jast actually needs more brands? I find that very hard to believe. Not a bad or good decision, just plain weird. :?

I’ve been thinking that Jast needed to re-do their branding, but this isn’t quite what I imagined.

My Idea:
[list][]JASTusa - flagship titles[/]
[]JASTwhite - all ages[/]
[]JASTblack - dark games[/]
[]JASTpink - yaoi/otome[/]
[]JASTred - fetish/nukige[/]
[]JASTclassic - older titles like Kana and Xchange series[/][/list]

and JASTperfect for yuri.

and JASTrainbow for when JAST USA partners up with Cyc to localise and continue the Magical Moerin series.

Holy crap, the big announcement is SCHOOL DAYS HQ!!!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLANDMINE!!

Just kidding, I hope this does well for JAST and brings in lots of money. It’s a franchise well known to people, it’s the sort of thing where the ero present would not be much of a drawback from a sales perspective, it’s fully animated and stuff. I’d say that this could well be JAST’s Shuffle! (except School Days isn’t that bad)

Never heard of it until now, but after a quick search it appears that it’s quite popular. Animated sequences sound intriguing.

Not really ‘animated sequences’- School Days is nothing but animation. Whether this is actually a good thing or not… well, to be honest, School Days is probably the most boring eroge I have ever played. But I did clear every last bit of it, so there must be something to it. The problem with the ‘nothing but animation’ approach is that a lot of things aren’t more interesting because they’re animated and this includes long, drawn out conversations between characters that you can’t space through after you read each line but have to either listen or fastforward (in which you miss things). I have the same complaint with Littlewitch games - only they are much shorter and more to the point.

That said, School Days is interesting from an observational point of view. You don’t really want to try and relate to the main character, who is pretty horrifyingly terrible, but it is fun in the way that watching a train crash slowly develop is fun. Everyone in School Days is messed up and watching horrible things happen to them is pretty satisfying.

Another great game :smiley:

Come on Mangagamer, it’s your turn to announce something else big, or else you’re gonna fall behind :wink:

Seeing as how this anime has a special place in my heart I am very happy. I always wanted to play it. I just wonder if HQ means too HD for me to run - that would be awful. Also, fully animated… I assume we can skip what we’ve seen and even if we can’t I loved my replays of Phantom of Inferno and Hourglass of Summer without skipping text. I have a pretty high tolerance for those drawn out parts as long as it gets to the drama in the end, so I think I’ll be fine. I also like the fact that I liked both Kotonoha and Sekai. I would be interested to see if other characters are better developed in the game compared to the anime and even if they aren’t I would still have the two main girls.

What?
They have Dear drops,Innocent gray game X, and another Da capo game coming out,are you high?
And these games are being released every couple months or so vs 1 per year.

school days was unexpected

Just downloaded and finished the trial (Chapter 1) of the Japanese version. If I did play the whole thing, I’d only be playing it for trainwreck potential, as although there’s obviously been a lot of work put into the presentation, the writing is rather uninteresting which is further exacerbated by the fixed text speed/having to listen to all the dialogue. Then, there’s Makoto, who has already established himself as a strong candidate for the most pathetic/???/?? protagonist I’ve encountered in an eroge. Main heroines aren’t much better either for being inexplicably attracted to him.

I guess ironically, one thing School Days has going for it though, is being 100% dialogue and fully voiced, it’s easy to run the game in the background while doing something else without missing out on anything much of significance.

I can see this being a very popular release for JAST, and it could well create a wider market for their other games, but for me, it’s probably not an eroge that I’d be able to play and enjoy for the right reasons. Not sure if I can justify getting it to enjoy the trainwreck… if only Overflow had used a good writer for this.

Edit: I’ll add that I’m not an anime fan, so some of the problems I have with School Days might not be issues at all for other people, or may even be positives.

Holy fuck. I didn’t expect that. :slight_smile:

I… Have no idea whether I would want to buy it or not. Probably leaning towards no for the moment (From what I have heard about the game I’m not sure I’d be really interested in the characters, and being poly will want to yell at all of them for Doing It Wrong, and the difficulty in speeding-up/skipping could be frustrating. On the other hand, trainwrecks CAN be fun.) but I expect a lot of people will be all over it.

And like I said, a deal with a company nobody expects. The inability to skip dialogue is going to be pretty irritating considering how fast I read, and I absolutely loathe ??? protags. That said I’ll still likely pick it up when it releases.

Don’t forget both ef games and those are pretty high quality games, from the looks at least. Not to mention Harukoi Otome

ef delivers in both art and story telling : ).

Harukoi looks pretty bad TBH