The Heart of Darkness

Can anyone suggest to me animes that I should lookout for…I like those with <Dark, Bloody, & a simple touch of comedy on the side> even ones with massacres…are even better. :slight_smile:

Note: It can be hentai or non-hentai… :wink:

Berserk and Texhnolyze

Holy shit, Texhnolyze !

Haven’t seen it yet, but I wanna !

~

I’d add Now & Then, Here & There, Serial Experiments Lain, Trinity Blood, Last Exile all fit that category.

Cowboy Bebop… if you focus on the noir aspect, it’d do well.

Perfect Blue
Blood +
Fate/Stay Night
Mermaid Saga (Forest/Scar)
Fist of the North Star
Angel Cop

Some that i like and can reccomend are
Gunslinger Girl and Scrapped Princess. If you want one with a bit of humor Trigun.

Rahxephon- kinda like Eva but IMO much better.

Tsukihime- vampires, what more do you need.

Elifen lied- lots of senseless violence people getting their heads ripped off etc.

Samurai X ova aka Kenshin OVA’s- trust and betrayal and reflections, the former have much more blood then the latter and is usually considered to be one of the best animes out there. You don’t need to watch kenshin TV to understand Trust and betrayal but you do for reflections. (there are no humor in either of the though, they are not meant to be funny)

If you are into Gundam

Mobile suit Gundam Chars counter attack: lots of people dying, getting blown up left and right. Its pretty dark too.

Victory Gundam- have the highest support character body count of any Gundam series.

I’m not much of a gundam fan, so I’d rather go for Eva. Rahxephon was a bit better though.

I forgot Elfen Lied ! Fntastic stuff… could make a good visual novel actually…

Elfen Lied is really great. The animated Berserk is pretty good as well, but the manga is far better (and carries on beyond the 25 episodes of the series). Both have intense action and are quite dark. Here and there are some comedic bits. Blue Gender is pretty good too. I’ll have to look into Victory Gundam, it’s always fun when multiple support characters take the big sleep.

Berserk
Elfen Lied
Chrono Crusade
Full Metal Alchemist
Hunter x Hunter…well after once they becomes hunters.

[ 09-23-2006, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]

Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Boogiepop Phantom

Maybe Paranoia Agent…it’s kinda hard to get into, though.

Tnx… :wink:

I know Ninja Scroll,Vampire Hunter D, Samurai X OAV, Trigun, Perfect Blue, Full Metal Alchemist, Hunter X Hunter, Chrono Crusade, Mermaid(Forest/Scar), and Cowboy Beebop. They are all good enough for me… :cool:

But i’ve heard of some titles like:
Violence Jack
Devil Man(and/or Lady)
Shin chan(some say he is EVIL)
Blood Shadow
Blood Royal

And here are some for thier DARK TWISTEDNESS:
Punishment
Night shift nurses 1&2
Black Widow
Momiji
Guyver

And some others I can;t remember the titles…I quite curious about this titles…yet I know nothing of them 'cept thier titles…
:confused:

What can you suggest from these choices…?

I certainly am not an expert in the “dark and twisted” genre (not compared to some other people) but if you want dark/twisted h-animes, I think you might want to check out:

Blackmail I&II
Bondage Game
Maniax
Princess 69
Shusaku
Urotsukidoji I&II&III&IV

I know Blackmail, Princess 69, and Shusaku.
Thier too much! Then again…I like seeing the products of a TWISTED mind… :o

Next fanfic:
Momiji - Dark and Twisted

I did not mean that.
What meant was the hentai anime title “MOMIJI” thingie…

I know. But that’s the first thing that came to mind and i thought a dark Momiji from Fruits Basket really would be twisted.

Out of your choices, I only know one: “Blood Shadow” - and I would recommend this one too!

As for “Blood Royal” - well I didn’t know that there was an anime made from it until now. I only have the three games by Cherrysoft that had the same name - and indeed would have some potential for making an anime. But then, I also have seen some animes that were made from games and were terribly disappointing…

One of the most recent and recommendable experiences that I made with animes that were made from games is “Dai Akuji - The Xena Buster”. Though I may have enjoyed it more because I already knew the game before the anime was released. Seeing al the characters that in the game have no voices and no animations now walking arounf and talking really gave me an extra kick here… :wink:

I remember a dark hentai animee called Servant Princess 4 episodes, rather dark and twisted.

Well, there aren’t too many thing I know of that fit your descripton that haven’t been mentioned already.

My personal “best anime ever” list doesn’t have many things which would meet your criteria, but all of the things on them are pretty good:

Haibane Renmei
Escaflowne
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Kino’s Journeys
Crest of the stars / Banner of the Stars (every season)
Akazukin Cha Cha (yes, the show is aimed at 8 year old girls. I don’t care. It’s hilarious.)
Perfect Blue

There’s a bunch of shows not quite on this list. Most have been mentioned already. Full Metal Panic, Fruits Basket, Dragon Half, Tsukihime, Berserk (manga’s better)

Fruits Basket isn’t really dark like the others…i was just refering to a distorition of Momiji’s character.

And yes, the manga of Berserk is so much better and so much darker.