The Heart of Darkness

I’ve seen it…But I remember seeing only 3 episodes of it… :slight_smile:

And it’s truly dark and twisted…and I…LOVE! it!!! :smiley:

Try Basilisk, Kouga Ninpo Cho. It’s my second favorite anime ever

Have you seen Maiden Diaries, also dark and twisted.

Noooo… But I’ve seen

School of Bondage
Maiden of Deliverance
Writhing Woman
Express Train
Body Transfer
Cool Devices
Sex Friend

Is it like any of the above mentioned?
Or a totally different one?

And what is this series called ~the Smiling Senshie~
I…don’t know anything about it and I somehow want to have it…
Can anyone update me about this particular anime?
Onegai…and thanks in advance.

[ 10-02-2006, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: 13th ]

~the Smiling Senshie~
It’s about some girl that really great at Handling a gun go on journey, because order from her Queen. in this journey she cannot kill the enemy because the Queen ordered not to use her skill.
She Often Saying “If You Put Your Weapon I will give You a reward” and the reward is her smile.
it’s has 12 Episodes
I Think it’s a good anime.
oh and every episode always a scene where she is bath in open air ,and Of course naked.

If You Want some Dark anime Try:
Higurashi no naku koro ni ( When the Higurashi Cry)
it’s full of killing, Blood, and scream.

…Dying…is such… :slight_smile: Sweet sorrow :frowning:

Yes, Higurashi has the dubious honor of being the only show to ever give me nightmares.

If you want something else that’s pretty disturbing, go watch Boogiepop Phantom.

Cyberpunk anime Genocyber. Bloody, gore and yet charming - very dark.

M.D. Geist - Action, bloody and dark. Not charming as Genocyber is but still funny.

Ninja Gaiden - Well he is gutting monsters and such with his Katana so.

If you want a good anime with violence, try BLACK LAGOON, too. A true badguys tale, there’s absolutely no heroes there! :smiley:

As of late… We’ve been watching some light-hearted animes since last year…
I wanna return to the darkside damn it…! :evil:
So, any new suggestions of newer dark themed animes where killing is as easy as breeding… And where duels are things of beauty: the warrior’s grace, the crash of steel, then the artful spray of blood… :twisted:
I’ve watched quite a few newer titles…

-School Days
-Hellsing
-Darker Than Black
-Claymore
-Murder Princess
-Dai Maho Touge

And some others I can’t recall… :frowning:

but if there’s more… Feel free to offer malicious advices… :twisted:

Fate stay night, Tsukihime, Hokuto no ken (I think you can see 2 ou 3 deads in it :D), Kenshin, Black Cat, …

Already seen those… :mrgreen:

-Hokuto no ken
-Black Cat
Not yet…

Another good (and violent) series you can see:

-Afro Samurai;
-Karas;
-Ninja Scroll;

Claymore of course is a must see! I’m following the manga series too. :smiley:

School Days is heavy, starts as Light and Happy Anime end end like so :evil:
Darker than Black is really good to, hope there comes a sequel to it.

• Popotan

its an good and not happy series too

I can’t believe someone recommended Elfen Lied.

If you don’t mind movies, Karas: The Prophecy and The Revalation are awesome, REALLY awesome. For series, Ergo Proxy is pretty good. Tokyo Majin is great, but only one episode so far. Noe in is good, but if you are watching it on PC it sucks ass, bad deinterlacing code when upscaled.

You could try out Shigurui. Lots of violent swordplay. It’s pretty hard to understand what’s going on all the time, and it’s not really really dark, just violent and weird.

Afro Samurai kicks ass…! Though the double-sword wielding teddy bear seems very interesting… 8)
I’ve already seen Ninja scroll… The rest… Can’t recall…

Anyways, what are your thoughts on these…
-Decendants of Darkness
-Karin
-Vampire Hunter D
-Jigoku Shoujo
-Death Note
-Tsukihime
-Soul Link
-Sola
-D Grayman
-Dark Love
-Hyakki
-Zero no Tsukaima
-Blood Shadow
-Xenosaga

So, let us hear your thoughts… I mean read… :oops:

I love it, but I doubt it would be your cup of tea - hardly dark at all!
More like a typical highschool-comedy with an unusual vampire being the lead…

I liked it - but I watched it without having played the game before. Aask Olf and you will learn that there is no Tsukihime-anime… :shock:
Thus, if you already should have played the game, I suppopse you are in for a _BIG: disappointment here.

The story is very much like the game, but here they invented one new characetr on the opponet’s side - and changed another opponent to the better. So, if you liked the game, I think you should like the anime.
However, the anime contains no sex! At best, it contains seconds of nudity.

But if you want to go back to the dark side, then this is again not really adviceable…

Errr… one of my favorites, but again: not really connected with your desired dark side at all.
It’s at least 70% comedy and lighthearted…

Might be closest to your desired direction - at least among your listed titles that I have watched.
At least it is dark - and the story isn’t bad either - oh and you won’t have to complain over lacking sex or blood: both are in here in abundance!

Quite good, very dark. It has major shounen-ai subtext, just to warn you beforehand.

Watch it! 'Nuff said.

One of my favorite series from last year. It’s got some lighter episodes near the beginning, but once it kicks into high gear, it’s a wild ride to the finish line.

Utterly ruins the plot of one of my favorite games. Grab the games, but avoid the anime like the plague.