The Koihime Musou Thread

So here’s a thread for Koihime Musou. I don’t actually have the game yet - the site’s totally being hammered right now. I can barely navigate the pages, they’re so slow.

I guess the upside is, reason for optimism that the game’s going to hit the 2K mark :slight_smile:

Ahem, was this thread not to your liking somehow? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6616

That thread was prerelease, this thread is postrelease, I suppose. Tempted to help, but I just spent a few hundred dollars on eroge the other day–

Finally managed to place an order … and here’s my order number (with part of it masked out): MG-201102280646-****

So that is obviously today’s date, followed by 0646. It seems like a good guess that this means I’m order number 646 for Feb. 28th. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad in terms of getting to 2K orders … Guess we’ll find out!

Or it means you placed your order at 6:46 am (in other words, about 8 minutes before your post).

Just checked the timestamp on my confirmation email. It might indeed be a timestamp in the confirmation number, as my emails were sent at 12:46 local time.

downloading the 2nd part, i should’ve been playing it now already but the first part’s download got borked at 92% D=

Just killing time playing civ 5 as I wait for koihime musou’s dl to finish.

Been playing for about 3 hours at this point.At this point the game’s great, and yeah the MG site was freaking hammered, so I guess that’s a good thing. I’ve successfully taken the capital, and acquired 2 sub characters, along with the original 3. No issues on installing or anything, so that’s also a plus.

And I can confirm that battles do get harder as you go along…had my first General w/ strategist match and if you take the wrong general into the fight, you’re basically going to eat dirt, also using the wrong formation the first turn cost me 1100 troops (10% of my army) though I was able to last the 10 rounds I needed to. Basically, it’s REALLY important to follow the advice in the text box pre-general selection.

I’m gonna take this one, but I’ll probably wait some time to play it, hoping that the voice patch comes out.I know I’m not the type to play the game twice, and I’d like to play the complete version.

Just started playing.

I’m with Overlord87. I’m going to wait; hopefully the voice patch won’t take too long to become available.

I’d really like to play it, but I’m sure I’d like it even more with voice. Now I just need to harangue my friends into buying it …

Ryofu Housen, she’s my favorite XD I’m seriously digging her lots.

Gah, due to the fact that everyone has multiple names, I’m having a hard time remembering who is who.

Anyone knows whether there are any repercussions to getting defeated and redeploying the army? Or you can do that without affecting the way story progresses? I redeployed twice already, just wondering if I’ll lose some CGs or something by doing that…

You can beat without redeploying the fights without redeploying to get more reinforcements but I don’t know the repercussions are so I usually give up and restart and not receive reinforcements.

I familiarized myself with the battle system a bit more, and I agree that the formation choice is of utmost importance, as well as the choice of strategist, but the choice of a general is really not that important. I’m about halfway into the game and here’s what I gathered:

[spoiler]The choice of a general, like I said, is not that important. Personally I prefer Bachou when she’s available, cause her ability to mow down 2000 soldiers every four turns is probably the strongest power of all, and it’s quite straightforward. If you have to establish dominance early, Kan’u is also a decent choice (and you don’t have to worry about forgetting to use Ougi, cause you can only use it once on the very first turn and the bonus will remain for the whole fight). I imagine that Shokatsuryou would be a good choice if the opposing general has a very powerful Ougi, but I haven’t run into such situation yet.

Strategists, however, are very important. Early in the game Shokatsuryou is a very obvious choice, even though she’s very defence-oriented (which is quite useful when you have to survive for a set amount of days), but as soon as Kouchuu joined the army, she became my default strategist. She gives the highest bonus to FOUR formations, defensive and offensive, and thus she’s a very flexible strategist.

So the default setting for my battles is: Bachou as general, Kouchuu as strategist. At this point in the game, enemy generals are very predictable - they use the same two alternating formations and don’t switch them even if they’re deep in the brown stuff. So my strategy is to use Echelon (a defensive formation that Kouchuu gives the highest bonus to) for first two days to figure out what formations enemy generals use, and then I just alternate between the two of the four “Kouchuu-friendly” formations that are advantageous against enemy’s formations, and the battle get easy very quickly.[/spoiler]

Yeah Kouchuu is basically my default strategist at this point as well. In regards to a certain general’s Ougi canceler, I’ve only used her and it in 2 fights…there’s something really satisfying about canceling huge attacks or huge reinforcements coming in. I use Kan’u whenever I know an enemy general has a morale hit Ougi, just because I can fire hers off first turn and reap the rewards the entire fight.

Actually no, choice of generals are important as strategists.

Especially if you have to slay 15k in 10 days for example, I kept on failing with Bachou coz she always came up few soldiers short so when I switched to Chouchi, she gets about 500 more soldiers killed per ougi in that fight.

And you pick Shuri as general against Ryofu or you’ll be crippled pretty hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

Your choice of strategist also determines the base ratio of light infantry, heavy infantry and archers. I had to use this to win one major fight later in the game.

it true

can have to unlock the other 3 endings and complete kanu first

Just finished my 1st playthrough with an Aisha/Kan’u finish. Completed six sub routes on my way through (Sei, Shion, Renfa, Non, Ren, Shia), leaving me some new stuff to do for my second playthrough, although I was working on Sousou/Karin and Yue & Ei as well. The game was good, though the last battle was drawn out. (though the opposing general uses 5 formations, which was nice for a change)

I’m going to assume that the harem ending is locked until you get the other 3 endings, cause Kazuto was slaying blushing maidens left and right with his “great sword” and I didn’t get a pick option at the end. After completion you get your obligatory CG/Music/Scene mode and its nice that the Vocal Music is actually vocal.