The Next (Peach) Princess Project

In my opinion, even just the newest CROWD releases show great promise. Yeah, it’s a couple of years that I’m pining for an English version of THIS (and, please, forget Obbligato and Miss You), but this, too, seems interesting (do you know I’m totally fed up with the X-Change series?).
However, it’s the March 2006 release the real novelty. For the English market, this game is extremely original. Let’s hope for the best!

[ 02-01-2007, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Baldo ]

I know I am probably beating a dead horse but…

Gotta throw in at least a wish for Kaminari no Senshi Laidi.

Heck, maybe Alice Soft…Dungeons and Dolls…few dozen others?

Oh well, will be happy just to see things moving onward and upward! Hey, it’s the Year of the Dog after all.

Every dog has his (or her) day…

Heheheh, all members of this BBS have a looong list of I-Want-That-Translated! erogames (yeah, me I can read Japanese, but the English versions are uncensored, cheaper and give me less problems with shipping charges and Customs tariffs).
However we CAN ask for CROWD games with some concrete hope:

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
If there are any other titles by crowd and will that you want to see translated, you can surely post it here and i will forward them to the appropriate staff. There’s no 100% guarantee, but at least it’s more probable than suggesting a game by a company we had never worked with.

Therefore, if other members share my preferences, please post a reply .

Any of the games you mentioned look good. I like the picture you posted as well. Cute girls. I myself am not a fan of the X-change series, and would like to see it’s spin-offs translated at a slower rate, and put more variety between them. But it’s probably just wishful thinking.

Those games looked pretty cool, Baldo. As for the X-Change series, I’ve only played through the first, and didn’t care for it at all. My friend has played the second and says it’s no fountain of joy either. So I’m a ‘could live without X-Change’ kinda guy in the future.

For some more detail, Owarinaki Meidotachi no Yoru is a Dark sex romp where the male protagonist is a recently enthroned feudal lord with, amongst other things, total power over his maids (this game has also been turned into an Anim DVDPG game AND even included within one of Anim’s compilations -Anim is an associate of CROWD catering to different customers… -), Heisei Nenkin Gekijou EroDake is a Light sex romp where the male protagonist is your usual Japanese student who discovers a mysterious species of super-ultra-aphrodisiac mushrooms growing in his home (as I said elsewhere, I much prefer SIMPLE erogames… ), and, last but not least, Sodatete Miryu?, is a Fantasy (apparently sharing the same background world with our beloved Brave Soul!) training/raising erogame where the male protagonist is a young sheperd discovering that one of his (let’s call them magical) sheeps is weak, stunted and somewhat unusual. Driven by compassion, he adopts this cute “manimal”, but two nights later (…and thanks to his semen -sorry, no more Spoilers from me-) the sheep manimal becomes a young girl! But this it’s merely the beginning (yes, EVERY SINGLE CG HERE depicts the SAME girl!!)…

[This message has been edited by Baldo (edited 01-28-2006).]

geez, good thing i have a semi-lawyer mindset…people just love to quote me even if its from eons ago dont they :stuck_out_tongue:

better be careful with what i say from now on too :stuck_out_tongue:

keep in mind that we have doushin and XC3 and XCA, thats 3 titles from crowd. not sure if we want to pursue any more titles from them until we get those 3 games off our pipeline

and just from looking at the first pic, the artist could have done a better job at tapering those path-generated lines…well at least they know how to scale it down correctly…

I don’t have much of a list, because I like stories more than I like sex, and not being able to read Japanese am not really able to find out what games have good stories behind them!

Is there anywhere that has a largeish collections of reviews on games by someone proficient enough in both languages to play the original and comment eloquently about it in English?

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
I don't have much of a list, because I like stories more than I like sex, and not being able to read Japanese am not really able to find out what games have good stories behind them! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Well i'm sure you have a list.

Even I have a list, albeit shorter than most probably.

quote:
Originally posted by Billybob:
I like the picture you posted as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
and just from looking at the first pic, the artist could have done a better job at tapering those path-generated lines.....well at least they know how to scale it down correctly....

Are you speaking of the same image? I've"stolen" that image from Triangle's homepage just for its "Princess" phrase. But it's no coincidence if lately I'm lurking in that site...

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
I don't have much of a list, because I like stories more than I like sex

Me, too, I love a good story, but you need to consider that, in my case, both my time and my budget are limited. And when I decide to buy an EROTIC videogame, I search for something both psychologically AND physically [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/redface.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/redface.gif[/img] satisfying, too. For example, two months ago I searched amidst the most recent releases for an Himeya order of ONE (1) game only (*SIGH*). After some painful consideration, I needed to choose one of these two games: a superb HardBoiled SF story (Meri+Dia) or a long-awaited Four-Games-Compilation of the most famous Superheroine-Violated sex saga (Mahou Senshi Sweet Knights Complete Disc).
Can you guess my final choice?

quote:
Can you guess my final choice?

The RPG'er in me hopes it was Mahou Senshi Sweet Knights Complete Disc... Actually looks like something I want to look into.

quote:
where the male protagonist is a young sheperd discovering that one of his (let's call them "magical") sheep is weak, stunted and somewhat unusual. Driven by compassion, he adopts this cute animal, but one night (...and thanks to his semen -sorry, no more Spoilers from me-) the sheep becomes a young girl!

Errr.....and my wish for Zyx's Kaminari no Senshi Laidi pales compared to ..ahh...magical beastiality...

Well, still stumbling through the Japanese on that one. Just sounds a bit, well, disturbing at least.

Heheheh, don’t fear, similar transformations (and manimals in general) are a cute classic of the Japanese H-genre. This CROWD game just develops the topic into a sort of Digimon-Darwin eromagical mix .

EDIT: I’ve bought the Triangle compilation, of course (a wise decision for sure, because Himeya has raised the 74$ original, pre-order price to 95$!!).

[This message has been edited by Baldo (edited 01-22-2006).]

I think it’d be nice to see Zyx’s Kaminari no Senshi Laidi before X-Change 23

In my case, it’s not your wish that pales, but…
… well besides the fact that we still don’t know IF ZyX is interested in localizing their games to the english language anymore, it is also the typical character-artwork of ZyX that looses in my opinion to the character-designs of CROWD.

quote:
it is also the typical character-artwork of ZyX that looses in my opinion to the character-designs of CROWD.

Depends on your opinion. I would agree personally that Crowd has some great art, but Zyx does as well. Their art for this latest game is stunning. Just from what I have seen of it, I will probably order it from Japan regardless (after my game backlog is finished.)

I will gladly order an English version as well for comparison and to support localized games, of course. There are a few anime titles I personally cannot stand to own due to their style of art (a few games as well), but they might be a favorite to someone else. Reminds me of a saying....

Art is in the eye of the beholder.

Agreed!
That what I said is a matter of personal taste and preferences and thus first and foremost only appliable to me.
However, the more important part of my previous post was the one with the bold “IF”…

Eh, I dare say that ZyX’s art style doesn’t stand to opinion when purely talking about its quality. Look at the (female) characters. They’re ALL the same! The only different thing is their hair…

quote:
Eh, I dare say that ZyX's art style doesn't stand to opinion when purely talking about its quality. Look at the (female) characters. They're ALL the same! The only different thing is their hair...

Granted, I have not the past experience of Zyx other than the older games I have purchased to this point.

This game, however, has great art with various characters that are pretty distinguished (at least from my personal anime drawing point of view, not from a Western one...in most Western eyes ALL anime appears the same.)

I imagine there will never be consensus agreement on which title, company, or even genre of bishoujo game is released next. So long as we pass the soapbox around, however, I believe that debate will help whatever decision is made.

Sigh… i don’t understand why everyone focuses on the art side and seems to forgive about the “claque”-story-plot side of these games…I mean, even a great artwork is not a guarantee if not supported by valid plot…

IMHO, a great story - and i mean something more then the click-and-dowhateveryonehereknow - is as important ( if not more important ) then merely graphics.

My two eurocents.

[This message has been edited by Italicus (edited 01-23-2006).]

Knowing PP’s release schedule, it’s way too early to start asking for new games announcements. They now have enough games to keep them occuppied for the next decade, at least.