The Next (Peach) Princess Project

That’s a valid point, but it doesn’t help very much advocating the case of ZyX-games either:
I have so far played 5 games from them and only one out of those had a noteworthy plot (Chain).
I fear, ZyX has here mostly become famous for their animated in-game sex-scenes, not for their well-developed stories and complex character-personalities.

I agree with you. Zyx is not famous for their top-notch stories. So far i’ve played only two of them - Tsuki and Virgin Roster - and that was enough to me…

quote:
Originally posted by kmusky:
Knowing PP’s release schedule, it’s way too early to start asking for new games announcements. They now have enough games to keep them occuppied for the next decade, at least.

Only a decade? I thought it would take them another zillion years or so…

[This message has been edited by Italicus (edited 01-23-2006).]

quote:
Originally posted by kmusky:
Knowing PP's release schedule, it's way too early to start asking for new games announcements.

Input from the fans is always useful, in my opinion, especially NOW if it's true that "We are working on ideas for future games".
Basically, my advice for Peapri is that variety is important even in the H-genre (maybe more than graphics, surely more than stories). Translating yaoi games is a sign that also Peter&Co know this, but, strictly from my viewpoint, this policy is unsatisfactory, because of Peapri's slow release schedule (many Japanese H-software houses release only one or two games every year, but the rest of the world has Peapri only... ).
If, after Doushin (when?), we need to await the release of a)another yaoi game (sorry, I'm not interested in dicks) and b)other 2 X-Change games (sorry, I'm not interested in dickgirls) before seeing something really new/interesting...
quote:
a)another yaoi game (sorry, I'm not interested in dicks)

I must agree with this sentiment at least. Yaoi isn't for me along with shotacon which I really don't want any part of. That is my vote anyhow.

quote:
and b)other 2 X-Change games (sorry, I'm not interested in dickgirls) before seeing something really new/interesting...

Hmm..I must have a misunderstanding on this one. I thought it was some kinda "magical transformation" into a girl not futanari where the transformation...well, forgot a certain area..(ahem)..item.

Not sure, I haven't tried that one but from the sound of it most posts from this board are pretty sick of that series.

People are exaggarating about Peach Princess’ speed (as always). They have enough for 2006. After that, there can be other games.

I do hope that the yaoi games are mostly taken care of by other staff. Doesn’t seem like it, though.

I’m not interested in the main X-Change games (though perhaps one day I want to try one, but that’ll be when I have too much money :P), but I am interested in the X-Change Alternative one.

Remember, if you want more games and faster, promote the genre!
More games bought = more money = more staff(eventually).

Actually, it depends on to whom you actually refer by using the word “staff”.
The typical scarce resource that usually delays releases are the staff of the companies in Japan. This part of staff working for the localizations of the yaoi-games should actually be someone different than the people who are busy with the localizations of CROWD-games because LANGMAOR is one of Will’s labels.

Now, if you refer with “staff” to the people who basically handle the testing, printing and shipping of the games, then it is possible that you are right and the same group of people is involved for the bishoujo- and yaoi-games. But in that case, I am not sure if we talk about a scarce resources that cause any meaningful delays.

quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:

... a)another yaoi game (sorry, I'm not interested in dicks) and b)other 2 X-Change games (sorry, I'm not interested in dickgirls) ...

Me second that. Hopefully, we can see more interesting bgames, something in the line of Tokimeki Check-In or Critical Point.

But we're forgoting PeaPri was not translating just bgames from Crowd. They were translating games from Will-Japan Group, too. It looks to be a great group with really good bgame makers, creating plenty of great bgames, too. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Any chance we can see some more translated? Personally, I'd love to see this one, this one, this one and this one. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Actually, it depends on to whom you actually refer by using the word "staff".

Peach Princess' staff. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
quote:
LANGMAOR is one of Will's labels

I didn't know that! Interesting.

The art style on that pulltop one is pleasing to my eye, though the girls seem a trifle young for my lechery… and the plot, best I can guess, is just “happy young summer vacation love” which isn’t really that special.

The folklore jam images imply a weird and potentially interesting plot, but I don’t like the art.

The One Boku one is also pretty and not as loli as the first…

True, the character from that pulltop game are pretty young, but i liked the art style. I liked the artstyle from Folklore Jam too.

As for OneBoku, according what i read, actually they are older than the protagonist. ONEchan to BOKU, get it?

Anyway, Will-Japan still has a lot of bgame makers with a lot of bgames already released. I’m sure you will find something to every taste.

I’m still waiting for some yuri games. I want me some compensation. The yaoi fellows got there’s, wheres mine! And X-change doesn’t count. I won’t play a game where the protagonist gets there orifices penetrated. Eck, just the thought makes me tighten my butthole in fear! Anyhow, yuri!

quote:
Eck, just the thought makes me tighten my butthole in fear!

LOL! I second the thought, tis much better to give than to receive....

And it isn't even the holiday season anymore...

Well, then GIVE it some time and don’t RECEIVE new games… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
But we're forgoting PeaPri was not translating just bgames from Crowd. They were translating games from Will-Japan Group, too. It looks to be a great group with really good bgame makers, creating plenty of great bgames, too.

The problem here is we don't know the specific Will groups which can/want make business with a foreign company (I know that games from Ruf are unavailable, for example), therefore suggesting Will games can easily become just an exercise in wishful thinking, in my opinion (whereas CROWD and J-List regularly exchange gifts during a certain Japanese holiday, too -I've read this in a J-List Newsletter, but I've forgot the details, sorry-).
quote:
I'm still waiting for some yuri games.

Oh God, can't this ever end?

Facts only answer: yuri isn't even very prevalent in Japan. That market still has to grow.

Opinionated answer: why do you cry for yuri games, but shudder at yaoi games? Both are homosexual, which is why most people shudder at them in the first place. Yet when it's yuri, suddenly it's alright. Yeah, I understand that it's because you're male and you think one woman times 2 = better than one, but think about it. I don't think you'd advocate homosexual relationships, even though you likely tolerate them.

I know there has to be some kind of bad reasoning in the previous paragraph, but I wanted to get it out regardless.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm even on the wrong message board...

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 01-25-2006).]

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
As for OneBoku, according what i read, actually they are older than the protagonist. ONEchan to BOKU, get it? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yes, the girls are all older than the protagonist. I think that this is one of those games where they are like sisters, but naturally they aren't blood related.

I personally think that One Boku is a pretty nice game. It's non-violent, and the artwork is really nice. Of the games suggested so far in this topic, this is the one that I like the most.

quote:
Originally posted by Beno]it:

Oh God, can't this ever end?

Facts only answer: yuri isn't even very prevalent in Japan. That market still has to grow.

Opinionated answer: why do you cry for yuri games, but shudder at yaoi games? Both are homosexual, which is why most people shudder at them in the first place. Yet when it's yuri, suddenly it's alright. Yeah, I understand that it's because you're male and you think one woman times 2 = better than one, but think about it. I don't think you'd advocate homosexual relationships, even though you likely tolerate them.

I know there has to be some kind of bad reasoning in the previous paragraph, but I wanted to get it out regardless.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm even on the wrong message board...

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 01-25-2006).]

I don't shudder at yaoi games, I just clench my butthole in fear. There's a difference. So don't put words in my mouth.

[This message has been edited by Billybob (edited 01-25-2006).]

Benoit, we have had this argument before. You already know that many board members do NOT share your feelings about homosexuality (and may find them offensive). Therefore, why are you trying to stir up a hornet’s nest? I don’t want to flame you for your views, I’d rather you didn’t flame me for mine. This isn’t the right place for that sort of thing!

quote:

ONEchan to BOKU, get it?

Nope. I don’t get it.

… Oh wait. Maybe I get it?

I speak about as much Japanese as your typical anime fan - which is to say, I will recognise oneesan if it’s presented in exactly the method I’m expecting it, but not otherwise.

quote:
I'd rather you didn't flame me for mine

I wasn't flaming. I was making logical statements that depended on the stances that I see on many message boards, which members of this board may or may not reflect. I wasn't making any clear-cut statements.
quote:
Well, then GIVE it some time and don't RECEIVE new games...

Bit late on that one. Jlist is shipping out my order as I type this. There are a couple more games I have wanted to try coming in shortly after those, although translating them will probably take me much longer than actually playing them! Heh, at least my birthday this year will be greatly entertaining.

Nice to have number 36 roll around and you start to feel somewhat like a kid again. It'll give me energy to go and fight the young'uns!